Riot in Brooklyn over cops murdering 16 year old boy.

^^ that'll shut the mouths of a lot of people

Lol not really.

In my many innocent experiences with them, they gave me the most problems... To tell you the truth the problem isn't the race for ME PERSONALLY it's the abuse of power by the police force.

I'd be up in arms if they killed a young unarmed kid of any race.
This whole debate has so many variables it's crazy. People going to be arguing this for a while.

thank you

idk about anyone else but my argument was always police vs the people

didn't mention race once, and dudes were asking me "would you even be arguing if the kid was white?"

:smh:

Damn....some bashes being thrown back on forth in this thread

From what I understand the kid had a gun on his person. If he was reaching for it or adjusting his pants, or whatever it is...he still had a gun.

Police in NYC take no joke to weapons, because they have seen too many officers die and they have familes and lives. This kid should of never been carrying a gun, and since he was that puts him deep in the wrong
mean.gif
I feel bad for the kid losing his life, it is very unfortunate...but his rap sheet proves he was about that life.

Sorry for his family, and I wish they had a better grip on their childs life so that and not point would he ever of thought to carry a weapon. thats the problem with youth in NYC, bad parenting, bad role models....we got kids selling drugs and robbing people from age 12
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

The riot is just ridiculous, that doesnt bring any positive attention to the issue. if they want positive attention call Al Sharpton and he will be more than willing to come down and rally in PEACE. Not injure innocent people, loot, and destroy OTHER peoples property.
You were right until you the Al Sharpton part

If I remember correctly, didn't Chief Keef point a gun at an officer and got shot at?
(Officer missed)

^^ that'll shut the mouths of a lot of people
Lol not really.

In my many innocent experiences with them, they gave me the most problems... To tell you the truth the problem isn't the race for ME PERSONALLY it's the abuse of power by the police force.

I'd be up in arms if they killed a young unarmed kid of any race.
This whole debate has so many variables it's crazy. People going to be arguing this for a while.
well...this kid was armed...pointing a gun at the police....he was a gang member.....

defintally not. this was something that happened in flatbush....which has progressed nowhere....the brookyln your thinking about is DUMBO and Williamsburg....they all good.
Flatbush has progressed. It's one of the early areas in brooklyn to be gentrified. Crime is down in the area . The whole event also took place in East Flatbush. Quite frankly East Flatbush is like a middle class neighborhood.

You were right until you the Al Sharpton part

I hate Al Sharpton...I think he is the most ridiculous and racist person. But when he comes out nobody would be breaking into anything or harming anyone.

this is an objective question, what is your beef with him? i personally don't have a problem with him, nor does my fam (black) , but what specifically do you have against him? i've heard other people say the same thing.

:nerd:

I hate Al Sharpton...I think he is the most ridiculous and racist person. But when he comes out nobody would be breaking into anything or harming anyone.

Watch your mouth.

I don't see anybody in these communities lending their voice for the voiceless.

Except for that John Liu from queens and he ONLY helps Asians. And that's all good, nothing wrong with what that... Rep for your people....

Let him be ridiculous and loud and sometimes off target but be damned if he ain't the LAST of a dying breed...

Respect his gangster.

Lol Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are camera ******. They don't do a damn thing but run a good game when cameras are around.

They bring attention to the issue at hand..

They are spin doctors when the media tries to focus on the negative .... They turn itnon them and make people REMEMBER what the problem really was...

Wh cares if only they pop up when cameras are around ( false BTW) because their there and some other people are NEVER there...

They bring attention to the issue at hand..

They are spin doctors when the media tries to focus on the negative .... They turn itnon them and make people REMEMBER what the problem really was...

Wh cares if only they pop up when cameras are around ( false BTW) because their there and some other people are NEVER there...

They are the ultimate race card pullers who take advantage when a big story is out and make livings by receiving "donations" from different groups that use them as activists. And Al Sharpton is always in trouble for not paying his taxes. Then the big story dies down from the media, they disappear into the wind until the next story is out.

Them provoking racism= more money for them

Last edited:
It's funny you guys keep saying he's a criminal when his 1st case was 5 months ago and that was 3 of the 4 charges he was joyriding in a car and it got thrown out

Again you clowns need to speak what you know. If these cops were so innocent why hasn't Kelly stepped up for them yet instead even he has said he's leaving the case to the Brooklyn DA

They also have 7 witnesses who said he did not have a gun in his hand

It's funny you guys keep saying he's a criminal when his 1st case was 5 months ago and that was 3 of the 4 charges he was joyriding in a car and it got thrown out

Again you clowns need to speak what you know. If these cops were so innocent why hasn't Kelly stepped up for them yet instead even he has said he's leaving the case to the Brooklyn DA

They also have 7 witnesses who said he did not have a gun in his hand
his boys probably wont be considered credible witnesses.

There was people outside remember that was the 1st official warm day plus there were parties going on so people were out and about

Last edited:
From the NY Post

Blame Kimani Gray
By BOB McMANUS
Last Updated: 12:04 AM, March 14, 2013
Ignoring the obvious causes: City Councilman Jumaane Williams at Tuesday’s hearing, where he blamed Commissioner Kelly for Gray’s death.

A 16-year-old aspiring sociopath pulls a gun, aims it at cops and is shot to death in response.

Actions have consequences.

Then his friends, to mark his passing, go on to trash the neighborhood — looting a pharmacy and beating at least two innocent people in the process.

You’d almost think it was Chicago. But no, it was East Flatbush, Brooklyn. And who was to blame for all the mayhem? Why, Police Commissioner Ray Kelly, of course. Silly even to ask.

At least that’s Brooklyn City Councilman Jumaane Wlliams’ take, as expressed during a budget hearing Tuesday at City Hall.

Williams very precisely drilled into Kelly, taking great care to avoid specific accusations, but also leaving no doubt that he holds the commissioner fundamentally responsible for everything. Not the kid with the gun, not the culture that led to the initial confrontation and certainly not the punks who ran riot in its aftermath.

And, no doubt, Williams will explain in great detail today just how it was that Kelly & Co. instigated last night’s rolling anti-cop temper-tantrum along Brooklyn’s Church Avenue. It should be a tiresome tale.

Certainly he was in full throat Tuesday: “”t was more than just one incident” he barked at Kelly — which, from the councilman’s point of view, no doubt seems true.

From the perspective of the two cops suddenly staring down the barrel of a .38-caliber revolver, however, it very much was one incident — with life-and-death implications. And that’s how it turned out: two cops alive; one youthful, but lethally armed, criminal dead.

Better that nobody had died, of course. Even better if 16-year-old Kimani Gray — an apparent gang member with a hefty criminal record — had left his gun at home Saturday night. Or, at the very least, that he’d tossed it in a gutter instead of pointing it at police officers.

Certainly this adds up to a profound personal tragedy — for the kid, obviously; for his family, and certainly for the cops, who must live with the outcome for the rest of their lives.

But as a matter of public policy, the shooting was a textbook vindication of the Bloomberg administration’s aggressive stop-and-frisk anti-illegal-gun practices.

The tactic is every liberal’s bugbear these days — Jumaane Williams most of all. It’s premised on the perfectly reasonable assumption that experienced street cops develop a sixth sense about who’s carrying and who isn’t. Arrest enough of the former, and soon you’ll have a lot more of the latter.

It’s not flawless, by any means. The majority of those stopped turn out to be clean as a whistle.

But then there are the Kimani Grays of the world, who can be lethal beyond imagination — and they trump.

Indeed, the reality of contemporary urban crime speaks to the program’s efficacy — as even a casual glance at the bloody, stop-and-friskless cities of Chicago, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Detroit will illustrate.

As Kelly put it last fall: “If we had Chicago’s murder rate, [New York’s homicide] total would be 1,224. If we had Philadelphia’s, 1,483; at Baltimore’s rate, 2,338 — and at Detroit’s, 3,635.”

In the event, New York finished the year with 419.

That’s not good enough for Williams, who’s been chewing on Kelly’s leg over stop-and-frisk for years.

Sad to say, he’s not alone. All of the Democratic mayoral candidates — while walking various rhetorical tightropes — have made it clear that when Mike Bloomberg exits, stop-and-frisk as an effective anti-gun policy won’t linger either.

Clearly, Kimani Gray was oblivious, but thousands of others understand — many from bitter experience — that going out with a gun can bring down upon them a world of hurt. So far fewer of them do it here than elsewhere. Thanks, essentially, to stop-and-frisk.

This won’t last if policy changes effected by a new mayor, or edicts imposed by the federal courts, make packing a gun as intrinsically risk-free here as it is in Chicago and Detroit.

Those are the stakes — Jumaane Williams’ contrary views notwithstanding.

http://m.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/blame_kimani_gray_uwiMQWgJZkGcHLnsJXpGjL

I'm curious why this hasn't made nation news. I searched on CNN and nothing came up.

From reddit:
The NYPD Declares Martial Law in Brooklyn

http://uscop.org/the-nypd-declares-martial-law-in-brooklyn/

A woman is dragged during a protest against the shooting of Kimani Gray, March 13, 2013 in the East Flatbush neighborhood of the Brooklyn, New York City. (Photo by AP)

On the heels of three nights of protests over the police slaying of 16 year old Kimani Gray, the NYPD has turned the East Flatbush neighborhood of Brooklyn into a State of Exception, claiming emergency powers to suspend the constitutional guarantees of the citizenry.

The people regularly targeted by police harassment and violence, overwhelmingly the city’s poor and minority populations, have taken to the streets to speak out against the NYPD’s draconian tactics. The police have in turn responded with even further harsh measures by suppressing the right of the people to voice dissatisfaction with that very same police force.

Cops kettled protesters at Wednesday night’s candlelight vigil, resulting in 46 arrests. Police even arrested Kimani Gray’s distraught sister, Mahnefeh.

The NYPD euphemistically calls the public spaces in which the Constitutional rights of the people are suspended “frozen zones.”

Allison Kilkenny wrote about the NYPD’s so-called “frozen zones” in December 2011:

“The ‘frozen zone’ is an arbitrary, official police business-sounding title that has absolutely zero legal merit. It’s something the NYPD made up, just as the ‘First Amendment zone’ is something [Los Angeles Mayor Antonio] Villaraigosa made up to suppress media coverage of the Occupy raids.”

According to FIERCE, the “frozen zone” in East Flatbush is being used to prevent media from covering the protests and arrests. Meanwhile, people inside the “frozen zone” can be subjected to arrest merely by exercising their constitutional rights.

“It basically means the area is under temporary martial law,” writes FIERCE. “The last times the NYPD declared a Frozen Zone was on the 10th anniversary of 9/11 and during the beginning of OWS.”

An arbitrary dictate that arrests protest and free speech, set forth by the institution that is itself the target of the protests, creates a potentially dangerous precedent of placing the NYPD beyond reproach.

Occupy Austin reposted this poignant summary of events by Jen Roesch as they were unfolding in Brooklyn last night:

“East Flatbush, Brooklyn is under martial law as the NYPD declares it a ‘frozen zone’. Media are being monitored and kept from moving and reporting freely. Dozens of arrests and much brutality. Kimani was shot in the back seven times; a witness is sure he was unarmed; multiple reports are coming out that the police had been waging a campaign of harassment against the young man (including taunting him about a friend who had died in a car accident and threatening to shoot him when he tried to leave). This is just blocks from where Shantel Davis was shot, dragged from her car and left to bleed to death in the street last summer. After that shooting, police went to all the surrounding delis and confiscated their surveillance videos. Residents in the neighborhood live in a state of terror. Heartbreaking, enraging, the stuff that riots are made of. This city is at a breaking point.”

Kimani Gray’s parents are scheduled to hold a press conference this evening to address the March 9 police slaying of their young son.

Last edited:
Yo the amount of cops and helicopters out here is crazy. Got it looking like San Andreas
I can't even drive out here in flatbush with out being nervous of getting pulled over.

Cop cars on every single corner you turn for maybe one square mile.
Then they are just pulling over random people who haven't made any driving violations.

Once the car looks decent and the person behind the wheel doesn't look over 40 , it looks like you are getting pulled.

Those riots definitely have opened a disgusting can of worms.

Btw that NY post article is horrible.

Back
Top Bottom