Riot in Brooklyn over cops murdering 16 year old boy.

This is the most important factor people don't understand about the police.

They are trained to put down, not hurt, slow down, disarm. This didn't the movies, they Int shooting duke in the knee.

A suspect that posed a threat is still a threat to the public and the police officers.

Why do you think they still put handcuffs on someone they just put down? Because what if that person is faking, or not down and pulls out another gun and harms again?

Learn procedures before you complain.

Agree. Took the words out of my mouth. 7 shots is conservative if anything. People don't realize how quickly 7 shots fire off. Add in adrenaline and their human instinct to survive vs. the perpetrator, I'm surprised he was hit was only 7x.

People acting like the police calculatingly shot him down with two shots, approached him, and then stood over him and finished him off execution style with evil grimaces on their faces :smh:

Guaranteed the whole shooting last less than 5 seconds.

So what do u think they meant by he begged for his life

Mortally wounded, calling for his mom, "I don't wanna die," something along the lines of that.

If I had to make an educated guess., I doubt it was in the context of him on his knees pleading with the officers not to shoot. But hey, anything's possible.

ya really think the officers had the kid on his knees begging for his life and murdered him?....:rolleyes

So what do u think they meant by he begged for his life

Mortally wounded, calling for his mom, "I don't wanna die," something along the lines of that.

If I had to make an educated guess., I doubt it was in the context of him on his knees pleading with the officers not to shoot. But hey, anything's possible.

This is what I was getting at :lol:

Dude laying on a floor bleeding out isn't the same thing as dudes on his knees begging for his life with a gun to his head :lol:

How did this knees thing start ? Do u have to be on your knees to beg for your life.

Well I asked and you've yet to conviently answer the question?

When did he beg for his life? After he was laying on the floor bleeding out?

Or when the cops first drew?

Was he begging as he was running away?

The people of Flatbush clearly picked the wrong kid to riot over and make a stand for.

Which is a shame because The NYPD does so many screwed up things that actually deserve to be given attention. But they picked the wrong event to make a stand. It's that simple

The only part that has me curious is how he was shot in the back as well

Last edited:
I'll leave this right here

The two NYPD officers responsible for last Saturday's fatal shooting of 16-year-old Kimani Gray have previously been named in a combined five federal lawsuits, the New York Daily News reports. Sergeant Mourad Mourad and Jovaniel Cordova, who say they shot the teenager because he pointed a .38 revolver at them, have been put on desk duty while the NYPD and Brooklyn district attorney's office continue to investigate the East Flatbush incident. While a city Law Department spokeswoman pointed out that "being named in a lawsuit is not an indication of wrongdoing, and neither is settlement," revelations about the cops' legal pasts will do little to quiet those calling for more answers about Gray's death, which sparked days of protests and police clashes in the area.
During his time as an officer on Staten Island, Mourad was included in three lawsuits brought by citizens alleging civil rights violations. In one case, a plaintiff claimed that he had been the victim of an illegal stop-and-frisk by Mourad and other policemen. In another case, two men alleged that they had been "falsely arrested" by Mourad and others; a third said that Mourad and his team "pulled his pants and underwear" during his arrest. Meanwhile, Cordova was once accused of making an "illegal stop" inside a Manhattan building, where he punched a plaintiff in the face. Another sued for emotional distress after Cordova placed him face-down in a puddle while arresting him.
Lawyer Brett Klein, who filed four out of the five suits, told the Daily News that his clients' experiences with the two officers "expose a disturbing pattern of unconstitutional and aggressive stop-and-frisk practices." He also claimed that Mourad and Cordova both "attempted to cover up their misconduct by falsifying and fabricating evidence." The city settled all of the suits for amounts ranging from $20,000 to $92,500 (resulting in a total of $215,000), though no one ever admitted to any wrongdoing.

It's seems like these cops had a rap sheet also but as the City law department spokesperson said "being named in a lawsuit is not an indication of wrongdoing, and neither is settlement,"

Yet they pull up Kikis record and paint a picture of him as if he was a menace

Yo the amount of cops and helicopters out here is crazy. Got it looking like San Andreas
I can't even drive out here in flatbush with out being nervous of getting pulled over.

Cop cars on every single corner you turn for maybe one square mile.
Then they are just pulling over random people who haven't made any driving violations.

Once the car looks decent and the person behind the wheel doesn't look over 40 , it looks like you are getting pulled.

Those riots definitely have opened a disgusting can of worms.

Btw that NY post article is horrible.
Good. 

Can't let this get out of hand like the Crown Heights riot in 1991. 

I'll leave this right here

The two NYPD officers responsible for last Saturday's fatal shooting of 16-year-old Kimani Gray have previously been named in a combined five federal lawsuits, the New York Daily News reports. Sergeant Mourad Mourad and Jovaniel Cordova, who say they shot the teenager because he pointed a .38 revolver at them, have been put on desk duty while the NYPD and Brooklyn district attorney's office continue to investigate the East Flatbush incident. While a city Law Department spokeswoman pointed out that "being named in a lawsuit is not an indication of wrongdoing, and neither is settlement," revelations about the cops' legal pasts will do little to quiet those calling for more answers about Gray's death, which sparked days of protests and police clashes in the area.
During his time as an officer on Staten Island, Mourad was included in three lawsuits brought by citizens alleging civil rights violations. In one case, a plaintiff claimed that he had been the victim of an illegal stop-and-frisk by Mourad and other policemen. In another case, two men alleged that they had been "falsely arrested" by Mourad and others; a third said that Mourad and his team "pulled his pants and underwear" during his arrest. Meanwhile, Cordova was once accused of making an "illegal stop" inside a Manhattan building, where he punched a plaintiff in the face. Another sued for emotional distress after Cordova placed him face-down in a puddle while arresting him.
Lawyer Brett Klein, who filed four out of the five suits, told the Daily News that his clients' experiences with the two officers "expose a disturbing pattern of unconstitutional and aggressive stop-and-frisk practices." He also claimed that Mourad and Cordova both "attempted to cover up their misconduct by falsifying and fabricating evidence." The city settled all of the suits for amounts ranging from $20,000 to $92,500 (resulting in a total of $215,000), though no one ever admitted to any wrongdoing.
Thanks for this. Can you provide a link or a source for more info?

You guys do realize this happens to almost every single cop whenever something major happens, like having to kill a perp.

Its standard procedure while I.A irons out what happens.

There was obviously nothing major, or criminally major that happened with these two cops in the past, (or that they were charged for) or they wouldn't have been on the streets.

Last edited:
[quote name="stevielips" url="/t/528936/riot-in-brooklyn-over-cops-murdering-16-year-old-boy/720#

There was obviously nothing major, or criminally major that happened with these two cops in the past, (or that they were charged for) or they wouldn't have been on the streets.[/quote] :rofl: :lol: lmfaooo

Last edited:
Why are we supposed to disregard the victim's past indiscretions, but use the officer's to portray him in a certain way?

(Serious question)

[quote name="stevielips" url="/t/528936/riot-in-brooklyn-over-cops-murdering-16-year-old-boy/720#

There was obviously nothing major, or criminally major that happened with these two cops in the past, (or that they were charged for) or they wouldn't have been on the streets.
:rofl: :lol: lmfaooo[/quote]

You've added nothing to this discussion. Way to go!

You guys do realize this happens to almost every single cop whenever something major happens, like having to kill a perp.

Its standard procedure while I.A irons out what happens.

Stop making stuff up.

This does not happen to almost every single cop.

Yes I.A. will pull your record after a major incident....but not every officer will have recent Federal lawsuits on their record when it is pulled.

Stop making stuff up.

This does not happen to almost every single cop.

Yes I.A. will pull your record after a major incident....but not every officer will have recent Federal lawsuits on their record when it is pulled.

Making what up? They were talking about desk duty, which happens to almost every cop thats involved in a major event.

And cops get sued everyday bro.

Every cop gets sued. My boy ran from the cops fell off the platform and smashed his face, sued, and settled for a nice payday.
G

Yet they pull up Kikis record and paint a picture of him as if he was a menace

Some of his own peers are spreading the video to make it known that this kid was no angel. So it's not like it's only the media posting it. It's people who know about him and or possibly hung around with him. At the end of the day, if someone was involved in any case in the past, even if they weren't in the wrong it will always be brought up in the media. Same apples to the cops as well.

Last edited:
Not every cop gets sued so please save all that. Cops get accused and the judge or jury drops the case in these situations they got picked up and the plaintiffs were awarded money.

Back
Top Bottom