Riot in Brooklyn over cops murdering 16 year old boy.

These are usually the same people who start the "Free (insert rapper)" movement as their idea of being socially conscious and responsible. :smh:

Listen fellas, it seem like NTers of all races and creeds have mentions their plights ITT

and ive come to one conclusion:

Perhaps you guys are just aesthetically challenged?

Handsome people dont get mollywhopped by the fuzz, they just dont.

See fellas? Its not a race thing at all. You're all just unpleasant to look at.

So, you know...silver lining!

Last edited:
I'm black and its boggles my mind that people are really trying to side with this kid....these have to be the same people screamin free boosie.....this kid was bout that life and ended up dead because of it....u point a gun at cops and ur getting gunned downed how so people not understand that

I died @ club's post...literally fell off my chair in agony of laughter, funniest thing I've seen you type since I've been on NT

:rofl:

Right. Because all of Southeast is a ****hole.

Tell that to the people who live in Capitol Hill or in Hillcrest.

Lol sensitive subject or something? Never said ALL of it was, I said where I was from was. You new guys are perpetually angry at nothing. You keep trying to call me out for no reason other than to hate. You wanna follow me around, get on twitter or something

Last edited:
I'm black and its boggles my mind that people are really trying to side with this kid....these have to be the same people screamin free boosie.....this kid was bout that life and ended up dead because of it....u point a gun at cops and ur getting gunned downed how so people not understand that

why is everyone repeating this same ********?

no I don't scream free boosie,

I don't believe the kid pulled a burner at the cops just because the cops say so

Lol sensitive subject or something? Never said ALL of it was, I said where I was from was. You new guys are perpetually angry at nothing. You keep trying to call me out for no reason other than to hate. You wanna follow me around, get on twitter or something
'I wouldn't follow a lame ***** like you on twitter.

FOH 

People out here destroying their own neighborhood
ohwell.gif

People out here destroying their own neighborhood :\

The people rioting are such god damn idiots.They probably complain about having their neighborhoods neglected by the police/government, but then they turn around and destroy/loot the same neighborhoods :smh: :lol: They'll wake up tomorrow and blame the white man for holding them back though

Backstory is basically father is changing his daughter in a van outside their home I believe and someone comes up and shoots the father twice and the baby right after. Idk if it was point blank or what... also heard the baby's mother was shot in the knee when she was pregnant with the little girl. Sad story all around

Backstory is basically father is changing his daughter in a van outside their home I believe and someone comes up and shoots the father twice and the baby right after. Idk if it was point blank or what... also heard the baby's mother was shot in the knee when she was pregnant with the little girl. Sad story all around
mean.gif

|I Um I can speak from experience, this isn't the only account of innocent children getting caught in this madness. I wish I didn't care, but like in any "war" the innocent always suffer while the perpetrators of these crimes get all the glory.

Nobody cares about the innocent.

Damn, this post has exploded faster than the uprisings in BK. I haven't read through all the comments but I'm sure it looks something like this. In one camp you have those skeptical of the official narrative privileging the NYPD's account. In this camp are those who invoke the illuminati and other conspiracies to explain our current state of existence. These folks begin from the (justified) assumption that the NYPD has waged a war on black and brown peoples, only to (problematically) insist that when it comes to relations with the police, black and brown peoples can do no wrong. In the other camp are those who articulate a liberal, idealized judgment that uprisings are only tollerable if "civil rights" are being violated. In fact, by referring to the uprisings in Brooklyn as "riots" they reproduce those same claims which configured black people struggling to find food in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina as "Looters" and white people doing the same as "survivors."  The defining feature of this camp is localized historical memory. These NTers struggle to situate this latest instance of police brutality within a century long battle against police injustice. These NTers also fail to note that so-called "riots" reflect the confluence of outrage against police brutality, concerns over impending displacement, job instability, among other concerns.  

I, for one, never give the benefit of the doubt to the police. Whether dealing with the NYPD or the police force within the presumed centers of liberal tolerance, I am always skeptical of officers who have been sanctioned by the state to protect and serve the vital assets of capitalism. I don't give them the benefit of the doubt when dealing with black and brown people. The assasination of Amadou Diallo and sodimization of Abener Louima are merely the most glaring instances of the everyday forms of oppression people of color face. It's not that I doubt that the police screamed "freeze" at Kimani Gray. I'm also not swayed by conspiratorial notions of the police planting the revolver on Gray after they shot him 7 times. I question the sequence of events, the description of the scene, and the presentation of an obstinate Kimani Gray that pervade the NYPD's account while saying nothing about just who were those two plainclothes police officers

At the same time, I would not come out to protest this latest instance of police aggression. And now we're talking about political strategy.  I think my fellow brothers and sisters and those of us on the Left suffer from unchecked skepticism. As a result we lend our energy to questionable figures. That Kimani claims blood, has numerous run-in's with the law, and was a 16-year old carrying a revolver should have signaled that he was one of our lost boys. This is not to say that he is less human or that he doesn't deserve to be mourned. But to present him as yet another example of police brutality makes very little strategic sense. The uprisings quickly get presented as another example of black people without moral convictions and unable to distinguish between right and wrong. The commentary in this post reflects that. 

We now know that Rosa Parks' decision not to move to the back of that Montgommery bus was not an expression of individual choice. It was a deliberate strategy launched by the NAACP, E.D Nixon, among an extensive network of black organizers. Nixon originally selected a young Claudette Colvin, but because she was pregnant, Nixon rolled with Parks. Nixon was prescient enough to anticipate the conservative reaction had Colvin been the test case. The problem of racial segregation would have been colonized by tangential judgments about the moral profligacy of Colvin.

Similarly we must think strategically about who we elevate as our martyrs. 

Damn, this post has exploded faster than the uprisings in BK. I haven't read through all the comments but I'm sure it looks something like this. In one camp you have those skeptical of the official narrative privileging the NYPD's account. In this camp are those who invoke the illuminati and other conspiracies to explain our current state of existence. These folks begin from the (justified) assumption that the NYPD has waged a war on black and brown peoples, only to (problematically) insist that when it comes to relations with the police, black and brown peoples can do no wrong. In the other camp are those who articulate a liberal, idealized judgment that uprisings are only tollerable if "civil rights" are being violated. In fact, by referring to the uprisings in Brooklyn as "riots" they reproduce those same claims which configured black people struggling to find food in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina as "Looters" and white people doing the same as "survivors."  The defining feature of this camp is localized historical memory. These NTers struggle to situate this latest instance of police brutality within a century long battle against police injustice. These NTers also fail to note that so-called "riots" reflect the confluence of outrage against police brutality, concerns over impending displacement, job instability, among other concerns.  

I, for one, never give the benefit of the doubt to the police. Whether dealing with the NYPD or the police force within the presumed centers of liberal tolerance, I am always skeptical of officers who have been sanctioned by the state to protect and serve the vital assets of capitalism. I don't give them the benefit of the doubt when dealing with black and brown people. The assasination of Amadou Diallo and sodimization of Abener Louima are merely the most glaring instances of the everyday forms of oppression people of color face. It's not that I doubt that the police screamed "freeze" at Kimani Gray. I'm also not swayed by conspiratorial notions of the police planting the revolver on Gray after they shot him 7 times. I question the sequence of events, the description of the scene, and the presentation of an obstinate Kimani Gray that pervade the NYPD's account while saying nothing about just who were those two plainclothes police officers

At the same time, I would not come out to protest this latest instance of police aggression. And now we're talking about political strategy. I think my fellow brothers and sisters and those of us on the Left suffer from unchecked skepticism. As a result we lend our energy to questionable figures. That Kimani claims blood, has numerous run-in's with the law, and was a 16-year old carrying a revolver should have signaled that he was one of our lost boys. This is not to say that he is less human or that he doesn't deserve to be mourned. But to present him as yet another example of police brutality makes very little strategic sense. The uprisings quickly get presented as another example of black people without moral convictions and unable to distinguish between right and wrong. The commentary in this post reflects that. 

We now know that Rosa Parks' decision not to move to the back of that Montgommery bus was not an expression of individual choice. It was a deliberate strategy launched by the NAACP, E.D Nixon, among an extensive network of black organizers. Nixon originally selected a young Claudette Colvin, but because she was pregnant, Nixon rolled with Parks. Nixon was prescient enough to anticipate the conservative reaction had Colvin been the test case. The problem of racial segregation would have been colonized by tangential judgments about the moral profligacy of Colvin.

Similarly we must think strategically about who we elevate as our martyrs. 

While this might be the best post I've read all year.....unfortunately you're speaking wayyyyyy over the head of the average person in this thread.

Good stuff tho.

I don't get it why this kid is being mentioned in the same sentence as Louima and Dialou, or someone like Oscar Grant.

Call it messed up but I guarantee a decent portion of the people popping off at the cops and calling them names as acting unruly and the demonstration they had tonight have some type of criminal record. Some may very well have had unwarranted bad expierences with cops but I'm sure a good chunk of the people popping off at the demonstrations put themselves in whatever bad legal situations they've been in.

Again unless its proven he didn't have a gun and didn't point it at the cops he is the unideal face or "victim" to use.

Nypd is a flawed institution and law enforcement in general in this country has many flaws but using this kid as the face of being on the receiving end of injustice is the worst possible example when there's so many other legit innocent victims of police harassment and brutality

Back
Top Bottom