real talk: why do black athletes go with white girls ??

Originally Posted by SpringfieldXD

i'm just trying to do what the white man has done to my people for 400 years...

ohwell.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

Originally Posted by HarlemKickDiva

I mean it goes both ways guys....

There's someone in this thread who has posted making a joke about the lack of goog black women in his age group....

He also gets serious and asks "how can we uplift our black women yada yada"

Yet he made a thread about having 2 girlfriends, girls, JOs or whatever....

But really? You want respect and understanding...

Yet you decide to be triffling and date multiple females at the same time? Where's the respect there?

notice they were both white girls tho...
laugh.gif
he knows a sista would have his $#+% cut up on the lawn waiting for him when he got back from Cali...
roll.gif

that was a joke...kinda

ohwell.gif
smh.gif

I mean it goes both ways guys....

There's someone in this thread who has posted making a joke about the lack of goog black women in his age group....

He also gets serious and asks "how can we uplift our black women yada yada"

Yet he made a thread about having 2 girlfriends, girls, JOs or whatever....

But really? You want respect and understanding...

Yet you decide to be triffling and date multiple females at the same time? Where's the respect there?

notice they were both white girls tho...
laugh.gif
he knows a sista would have his $#+% cut up on the lawn waiting for him when he got back from Cali...
roll.gif

that was a joke...kinda

ohwell.gif

What? Anyway, point is how can you expect respect from a woman with behavior like that? And someone made the point this isn't the old days yada yada....ANDTHAT'S UNDERSTANDABLE. But going out on dates with someone is very different from claiming them as your girlfriend. To say yea I'm talking to a fewgirls is one thing....but to say yea I got my girlfriend but I have a JO is a whole different story.

And EB/Thugnif....I understand your point but it is a lot easier when you have your father in your life. I was raised by both my parents and my dad though hewas never a perfect man, is a great father to me and my little brother. I was his only child for 5 years (brother was born in '93) so naturally i am adaddy' s girl but the love I receive from my dad has impacted me greatly. Because of him I am mature and strong enough to not to look for somethingartificial in a man to make myself feel better. And yes single moms can do it...but I know a HANDFUL of females who come from single parent homes whoaren't messed up. Problem is with alot of these girls they have mother who have issues with men. because they have been done wrong in their lives mostlyby men (rape, molestation, mistrust) they cannot trust men. And they have meaningless relationships or these young girls see multiple men coming in and out oftheir lives so they mimic that in which they have seen by then it's too late. And unfortunately in our community this is a majority of women and girls....

Aiite when i said black men aren't all defensive... i mean thwey don't permanently have their guard up & they don't run around not giving any black women a chance because of the things that are said...

Again, you haven't been paying much attention then in this topic or either of the 2 other ones in the past 10 days or so, one of which was even titledrhetorically, "Are black women a NOGO for serious relationships?"

Since it has been discussed ad nauseam how black women's brains work, or don't, why not for duality's sake delve into the perfect psyche of thewhite woman. What makes them tick? Why are they so special? How come their +##! smells like daisies and tulips?

Ms shortydoowopp I can understand that you made some good points ma'am----I will touch on some more about loyalty and respect when I can reach a CPU. Ipromise.

However I have to give credit where its due though---mr tariq nasheed brought these issues to light and he is absolutely right.

And that's another thing---if your father or male figure is out of the home---why can't both BW and BMs find positive figures in churchenvironments?---the church is the staple of the black community IMO.

Originally Posted by airmissionretro

Ms shortydoowopp I can understand that you made some good points ma'am----I will touch on some more about loyalty and respect when I can reach a CPU. I promise.

However I have to give credit where its due though---mr tariq nasheed brought these issues to light and he is absolutely right.

And that's another thing---if your father or male figure is out of the home---why can't both BW and BMs find positive figures in church environments?---the church is the staple of the black community IMO.
Because IMO the church has become one of the most judgmental and corrupt institutions in our community. These days the black church is not muchdifferent than high school

I believe Michael Baisden did the special "Pimps in the Pulpit"

Ms shortydoowopp I can understand that you made some good points ma'am----I will touch on some more about loyalty and respect when I can reach a CPU. I promise.

And that's another thing---if your father or male figure is out of the home---why can't both BW and BMs find positive figures in church environments?---the church is the staple of the black community IMO.
Because IMO the church has become one of the most judgmental and corrupt institutions in our community. These days the black church is not much different than high school

I believe Michael Baisden did the special "Pimps in the Pulpit"

QFT, QFE... There was a time that people who were regular church goers were people you could trust and weren't believed to be manipulative. Nowadays? I goto church every Sunday, and I don't talk to the majority of the people who are in there that I see every Sunday, due to the fact that the most High andMighty people in the church are usually the same ones who are involved in the most dirt and are the most judgemental... Now try trying to put that into theconfines of looking towards someone for a relationship, or even relationship advice, esp when you have people in church who attend with their wives but sleepwith other members...

And why is it like that for the black community---the church being the way it is now?

Back in the day that was the place where all of our community issues were resolved---but how come it is transformed into what Ms HarlemKickDiva mentioned thechurch being in our community---a place full of judgement??

I believe the church has an impact on not only finding positive role models but also generating respect within the individuals that are a part of the churchcommmunity---both black men and women.

Think about what you're saying.

Claiming that the church is the center of a certain race's community is already alienating those who do not believe in God or those who are of a differentreligion.

And this is a different discussion for a different thread....but since when has the church created peace, tolerance, or understanding? It is a divisive,oppressive institution.

If you believe in God, fine, but as Harlem Kick Diva touched upon, there has been a culture of corruption in the church, not just the black churches forcenturies. You can praise God and follow religion without being a slave to organized religion.

^^ that is the damn truth...

Religion has never been something that unites people...

It does nothing but further divide the people in a community...

But that's a whole nother debate/issue

And why is it like that for the black community---the church being the way it is now?

Back in the day that was the place where all of our community issues were resolved---but how come it is transformed into what Ms HarlemKickDiva mentioned the church being in our community---a place full of judgement??

I believe the church has an impact on not only finding positive role models but also generating respect within the individuals that are a part of the church community---both black men and women.
Well I strategically used the words "our community" because I can't speak for people of any other race, but historically the churchhas been ingrained into black culture. We went from polytheism to monotheism thanks to slavery and religion was pretty much the only thing that slave masterscould not take from slaves. It was the one place no matter what was going on in your life, you could depend on people who would genuinely care about you andyour well-being. What happened? People started getting rich off of others' naivete. People recognized how much money was in the church and used that totheir advantage. Also people saw people devotion to God and the church and used that to their advantage. I mean come on, if you think f**kin the pastor willget you extra blessings, why not? Also people in the church are very quick to damn you using God but just as quick to justify themselves using God. And toomany churches have that its our way or the highway.

I personally do not attend church for those reasons and more.

I agree...but people don't go to church like they used to. I grew up in church...and when I saw grew up i mean grew up...Sundays 1st & 3rdMondays...Wednesdays and the occassional Friday and Saturdays...sadly church is no longer a staple in our community....that saying "it takes a village toraise a child" is 100% true IMO but these days you can't look at people's kids sideways without getting yelled at...a lady at my job told a lilgirl not to play with the heels cuz she might fall...the lil girl started crying like someone was trying to take her and the mother had the nerve to get mad atthe store...but i digress...word to Mr. Nasheed...

another thing is the breakdown of the extended family...which can also tie in with the village raising the child...

i think people got a lil comfortable after the Civil Rights movement and feel they don't need God anymore...whether its one or many people of Africandecent are a spirtutual people...its in our blood...notice how a lot of key figures of the movement were ministers and if even if they weren't were heavilybacked by churches...

@Thugnificence A mother can def. teachher child respect...but examples also help...same way alot of boys are being raised by a woman...i doubt she raises him to be disrespectful towards women butwithout a father to set him straight he really doesn't know how a male/female relationship should work...they experience through trial and error...

I agree...but people don't go to church like they used to. I grew up in church...and when I saw grew up i mean grew up...Sundays 1st & 3rd Mondays...Wednesdays and the occassional Friday and Saturdays...sadly church is no longer a staple in our community....that saying "it takes a village to raise a child" is 100% true IMO but these days you can't look at people's kids sideways without getting yelled at...a lady at my job told a lil girl not to play with the heels cuz she might fall...the lil girl started crying like someone was trying to take her and the mother had the nerve to get mad at the store...but i digress...word to Mr. Nasheed...

another thing is the breakdown of the extended family...which can also tie in with the village raising the child...

i think people got a lil comfortable after the Civil Rights movement and feel they don't need God anymore...whether its one or many people of African decent are a spirtutual people...its in our blood...notice how a lot of key figures of the movement were ministers and if even if they weren't were heavily backed by churches...

@Thugnificence A mother can def. teach her child respect...but examples also help...same way alot of boys are being raised by a woman...i doubt she raises him to be disrespectful towards women but without a father to set him straight he really doesn't know how a male/female relationship should work...they experience through trial and error...
I think too much changed after the civil rights movement....

For all my readers: "It's Bigger than Hip-Hop" by M.K. Asante addresses a lot of points being made

Church is a hustle, where greed and abuse of capitalism has corrupted something pure its basic marketing...people will ALWAYS have the need to feelloved/worship a higher power...some people sub it with material things or their own egos... why NOT make bank from it?

I agree...but people don't go to church like they used to. I grew up in church...and when I saw grew up i mean grew up...Sundays 1st & 3rd Mondays...Wednesdays and the occassional Friday and Saturdays...sadly church is no longer a staple in our community....that saying "it takes a village to raise a child" is 100% true IMO but these days you can't look at people's kids sideways without getting yelled at...a lady at my job told a lil girl not to play with the heels cuz she might fall...the lil girl started crying like someone was trying to take her and the mother had the nerve to get mad at the store...but i digress...word to Mr. Nasheed...

i think people got a lil comfortable after the Civil Rights movement and feel they don't need God anymore...whether its one or many people of African decent are a spirtutual people...its in our blood...notice how a lot of key figures of the movement were ministers and if even if they weren't were heavily backed by churches...

@Thugnificence A mother can def. teach her child respect...but examples also help...same way alot of boys are being raised by a woman...i doubt she raises him to be disrespectful towards women but without a father to set him straight he really doesn't know how a male/female relationship should work...they experience through trial and error...
I think too much chnaged after the civil rights movement....

For all my readers: "It's Bigger than Hip-Hop" by M.K. Asante addresses a lot of points being made

I think it had a lot to do with the crack era and death of prominent civil rights leaders. A lot has been said in this thread and I have been keeping up.Hopefully I will get around to adding my two pennies later.

Black athletes kick it with white girls because..... 1. That's who there around!! A lot of athletes have the drive to move OUT the place they are and intolavish and calm communities..well a lot of thoses communites have white residents so now this is what type of women are easy access! SUMMARY : Bruthas withmoney + lavish surrounding = sistas need to kick it AROUND white girls to snag the bruthas that date them 2. Its a "PREFERENCE"!!! Why do guys loveasian woman? Indian? Sistas? Each type has its own little quirks that a man can deal with and won't. It's FTL however when the man chooses by skincolor? #%+% could be RANDOM select on a girls attitude! (ever met a White girl who has that ignorant attitude? :SMH:smile: 3. White woman are OPEN to every type ofguy..... they judge character a lot differently when MONEY is not an object such as the woman surrounding the athlete (goes back to numba 1) You see its themere fact that these guys are dating woman that are on there level both...mentally and financially.... they don't give a damn about the skin color....justthe values if the man's heads right....(dunno tho causes a lot of my dudes turn into tricks around this age and foul out on some child support %@@ ..... Sofar I've dated them all.....Preference: Sistas for the challenge and support! Oh god and the STYLE! (black girls seem to fall hard when they fall inlove....DOWN FOR THE COUNT!!!) Asians for the shoehead knowlegde and BEST BIRTHDAY GIFTS (I'm going to get these OG XIII for your birthday sweetie!)Latinas for the affection and food (Cuban woman have that god tier in the kitchen) Indians for the values (LOL KARMA SUTRA for real) Caucasian girls for theluxury and relaxation (have a white chick take u to the spa....)

Originally Posted by Prez T

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

I gotta go find me some of these fairy tale @%% fllawless everyraceotherthanblack women you dudes know
not a matter of flawless , everyone has their faults . many black men are just getting tired of being DISRESPECTED , and so have opted to date women of other races . at the end of the day , if you look at all the big issues and problems black men express in the way black women treat them , theyre all a product of disrespect . not absent-mindedness , not aloofness , not immaturity , not clingyness , but disrespect . thats why in my initial post i said its because women of other races (esp white) are more cooperative / submissive than black women , especially the ones willing to date a black man

magnus is right too , black women aren't looking to date outside their race as much as they should be . dont sit around upset you cant find a man yet you refuse to consider anyone outside your race . and thats another thing ... black women more have this 'woe is me , its THEIR fault' mentality when it comes to why black men arent feeling em . if they stepped their game up it wouldnt be a problem .

yall should listen to Tariqs most recent podcast about why women are so confused
laugh.gif

Dayum you preachin it. But im wonderin why no black women are postin anymore?? There were a few at first now none really. I dont even think submissive is theword. Alot of black women dont know how to compromise or cooperate. Its their way or all hell bout to break loose. My boys all got girls and im basicallythe only single one. Im constantly seein like 5 of my boys gettin ran by the chicks. I always tell them they needa get sum balls and be the man, but they ALLtell me, "u dont understand, u not in a relationship. I cant wait til u get a girl" and then i say i cant wait either, im gonna show yall how tonot let a chick run every aspect of the relationship and im gonna be the man of the relationship. Then they say oh well u must be plannin on messin with awhite girl, lol. But its crazy that they think like that but alot of black women got that my way attitude and u not going no where til i say so. Then whenthe dude finally does leave they cryin he no good. Sumbody do need 2 show them a mirror and they have 2 take some responsibility for the problem. Just likemy man Prez said,
black women more have this 'woe is me , its THEIR fault' mentality when it comes to why black men arent feeling em . if they stepped their gameup it wouldnt be a problem .

Back
Top Bottom