Real talk, what do you think is the best color on a car?

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by mrscampbellakasarahlee

black on black...tints, rims, smoked tail n head lights...i want to get pulled over
wink.gif

Do they still pull people over for that? I want to do that but I may re think that if the cops are going to be in my ___ about it.
mmmm, it really depends on the state and their regulations...my second car was black with illegal black tints, and i never had a problem (in NYC)

any dark color car at night with a little bit of mist on it wit tha rims shining, dark tints... GUARANTEED LADY PLEASER =
pimp.gif

black on black...tints, rims, smoked tail n head lights...i want to get pulled over
wink.gif

Do they still pull people over for that? I want to do that but I may re think that if the cops are going to be in my ___ about it.
mmmm, it really depends on the state and their regulations...my second car was black with illegal black tints, and i never had i problem (in NYC)
It's illegal in all states. All OEM headlights are DOT approved with a strip of amber on it somewhere. Tinting that would be illegal. Hell,it's even illegal to swap out the headlights with JDM OR Euro counterpart that has clear corners instead of the amber. Same goes for blacking out thetails. Whether you get rolled for it depends on your luck.

In my state, CA, anything in the front windows darker than 70% would be illegal. I had limo tint all around on my first car, 35% in fron with limo in the rearon my second car, and 35% all around on my current car...never got into trouble with Johnny Law in any of them. But I know people who got rolled and ticketedfor having 35% all around. Again, it depends on your luck.

And even if you get roll for it, it's a fix it ticket..only $15.

wink.gif

mmmm, it really depends on the state and their regulations...my second car was black with illegal black tints, and i never had i problem (in NYC)
Oh OK. Do you have any pictures of the car? I'm trying to get some different ideas together for a paint job when I get a car.

iBlink- did you get the Z?

I'm doing research and deals can be had..near invoice. But I don't know if I can rock it as my only car.
frown.gif

I'm busting my $!@ off trying to find an EVO IX MR in white for a decent price.
frown.gif
Only ones I can find under $30K are GSRs and EVO VIIIs, but I want a IXMR! If I can find it in a color other than white for a nice price, I'll be willing to settle for that.

Originally Posted by wj4

I'm doing research and deals can be had..near invoice. But I don't know if I can rock it as my only car.
frown.gif

Heck no. I wish. I'm looking to get into one by my 21st birthday though. Either an '09 370 of an '06 350 for around 10K.

IMO, the Z's a great look if you don't mind 2 seats. But you're in a sick 3 series, so it's a win win for you I guess.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

frown.gif
Only ones I can find under $30K are GSRs and EVO VIIIs, but I want a IX MR! If I can find it in a color other than white for a nice price, I'll be willing to settle for that.

Did you try Cars.com?

frown.gif
Only ones I can find under $30K are GSRs and EVO VIIIs, but I want a IX MR! If I can find it in a color other than white for a nice price, I'll be willing to settle for that.
Why do you want an MR? It's highly over rated IMO. I personally know 2 people who broke the weak gearbox on an MR while road racing. If Iwere going to get an Evo again, I'd get another GSR hands down.

frown.gif
Only ones I can find under $30K are GSRs and EVO VIIIs, but I want a IX
MR! If I can find it in a color other than white for a nice price, I'll be willing to settle for that.

Did you try Cars.com?

Yeah. Only one IX MR. Gunmetal for $30K...
grin.gif

Originally Posted by iBlink

Originally Posted by wj4

frown.gif

Heck no. I wish. I'm looking to get into one by my 21st birthday though. Either an '09 370 of an '06 350 for around 10K.

IMO, the Z's a great look if you don't mind 2 seats. But you're in a sick 3 series, so it's a win win for you I guess.
Even at invoice, the new Z is quite expensive. I was looking at a Touring with sport, illuminated sills and navi. At invoice and tax, title, andlicense..it comes out to be around $40k. The Z does look great..inside and out. And the performance is there too. I just don't know if I can live with asmall hatch for storage. That's my only hold back.
frown.gif
Besides the Z, I don't know what other cars to get south of the $50k mark. This cardefinitely has a present on the streets, I was really surprised at how much wider it was than the 350z.

wink.gif

Oh OK. Do you have any pictures of the car? I'm trying to get some different ideas together for a paint job when I get a car.
yeah sorry i don't have pics... and Wj4 is right...(regarding the tints), i was lucky all those times(and being a female helps), so if you do any customizations on your car that are not legal, or have to meet certain standards just be prepared for thosetickets/citations. PBA cards = get outta jail-free card
pimp.gif

go for matte black...(depending on the car tho...)

Originally Posted by wj4

frown.gif
MR! If I can find it in a color other than white for a nice price, I'll be willing to settle for that.
Why do you want an MR? It's highly over rated IMO. I personally know 2 people who broke the weak gearbox on an MR while road racing. If I were going to get an Evo again, I'd get another GSR hands down.

Cuz I want the 6 gear, brakes, and suspensions the MR has.

frown.gif

Did you try Cars.com?

Yeah. Only one IX MR. Gunmetal for $30K...
grin.gif
Contact Sam at South Coast Mitsubishi. A grip of folks traded in their IX's for the X's. I still think you should heavily reconsider. My friend has an Evo specific shop and he bought a IX MR for dirt cheap for some crackhead on the board. They're about to switch out the ****** with a 5speed one. It's cool and all to say 'my car is a 6 speed', but that's all it has to really offer. Besides the aluminum roof and the cheap OEMgauges that 100% of the people replace with more useful ones..not really worth it. Yeah you can say it comes stock with BBS wheels and Bilstein suspension,but again 100% of those people go with better coilovers and wider wheels anyways.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

frown.gif
Why do you want an MR? It's highly over rated IMO. I personally know 2 people who broke the weak gearbox on an MR while road racing. If I were going to get an Evo again, I'd get another GSR hands down.

Cuz I want the 6 gear, brakes, and suspensions the MR has.
Brakes? They're only different on the X. The IX GSR and MR got the same brake systems, man. And suspension...if you wanna do it right...gowith KW V3 and get it Robispec'd. The 6th gear on the car is not that useful as the car feels like a Civic under 3k RPM. It's your money at the endof the days, but I'm just putting in my 2 cents of all the times I've been in the Evo world and still have friends who are heavily into it.

Back
Top Bottom