Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I don't really get into the gossip stuff, and how artists are as people since I don't know them personally(besides a few) to judge any guy as fake or corny. I only care about the content, and IMO these artists are capable/have put out great music while people sit in denial and tear down these artists for not fitting conventional rapper image stereotypes.

Meanwhile, every other artist is excused for putting out subpar albums and music as long as they fit a drug/hood image etc. The bar for these guys is set much lower in comparison.

WRONG

Kanye and Drake have put out a lot of trash music but they get a pass cause they’re the biggest names in music. More people called them out, they wouldn’t put out the trash they do.

Yeezus and arguably Graduation/808s is trash, can't think of a "bad Drake album".

I don't really get into the gossip stuff, and how artists are as people since I don't know them personally(besides a few) to judge any guy as fake or corny. I only care about the content, and IMO these artists are capable/have put out great music while people sit in denial and tear down these artists for not fitting conventional rapper image stereotypes.

Meanwhile, every other artist is excused for putting out subpar albums and music as long as they fit a drug/hood image etc. The bar for these guys is set much lower in comparison.
I'm not talking about no gossip stuff. You can listen to a _ music and tell if he corny or forcing it. Most of the people you named are cool but in general there's a lot of fake and phony out today. All these dudes jumping on trends recycling the same image.

What? :wow:
Take Care is fire. Arguably Drake's best album.

My favorite Drake album, by miles, is IYRT. I actually combined tracks from that and my favorite tracks from More Life and called the playlist If You're Reading This It's More Life.

Only Drake I listen to is that and random features/loosies :lol:

Blows my mind that some people actually believe Mike is the father of those kids.

Damn shame Mike didn’t want his kids to have his genetics.

Reactions: OTG
Blows my mind that some people actually believe Mike is the father of those kids.

Damn shame Mike didn’t want his kids to have his genetics.

Somebody need to show ol girl this photo :lol:

Michael-Debbie-Rowe-Prince-Paris-debbie-rowe-31942786-500-481.jpg

Shorty looks like she could be full blooded Aryan

Saw that.:rofl:

Cassanova gotta know he's a target. He should consider himself lucky getting out of the Tax situations with no problems.

Nah, Chance be on some other ****. That nice guy act only goes so long before people question it...especially if you putting out all kind of music whisper-singing.

I used to love Chance, but it's like the ***** don't even rap anymore.

It was just blatant how Chance has been ushered to the top of Hip Hop and shoved into our faces and social media feeds at every turn. It's not that I want Chance to make a heel turn or anything, it's just that that single dimension **** is boring with anything. ***** makes music for soccer moms now.
I was semi-late on Chance so I got Surf, Acid Rap,and Coloring Book all at once for the most part. So all that came in one package for me. I took Brain Cells and Angels right along with Blessings Reprise and Sunday Candy.

In some of his raps he made it wild clear he use to do mad drugs and rob ppl but now he on his half gospel/man of god half talk my ****/conscience rap. I dig it.

As far as his whisper singing :lol: He's not a good singer so he's stretching it beyond crooning on a track. He better than Kanye at it, thats for sure :lol:

Ever since Drake became the first legit singer/rapper since Lauryn Hill the floodgates opened :lol: 3Stax was doing it and probably the inspiration but he an exception and they was caling him weird too. J. Cole crooning on the songs, Kendrick, etc. The typical 3 verses and a hook/chorus in between turned in to 2 verses, a bridge singing/crooning or just outright singing I stead of a 3rd verse :lol: :pimp:

I recall from a hip hop doc I watched dude was saying the athletes wanna be rappers, the rappers wanna be r&b singers, and vise vise versa the other way around. Now it's pretty much accepted and dudes are doing them.

Last edited:
If we're going off the Bigger Artist, there's room for improvement. Same for Don Q as well.

meet the grainges...

he just salty 69 winning...69 aint doing anything that Jim Jones and Game wasn't doing a decade ago...he gonna have to spare me his moral play..let that man live at summer jam, he got track for track, da tightest project in NYC outside Jim Jones.. Don Q gotta show more versatility but he on his way...

Instead of bumping the Best Buy CD thread, I'll just ask it here:

Information out there states buying CDs isn't the best way to support an artist. My question(s) is does every artist signed to a major label get those million dollar cash advances, similar to Lil' Pump(just to use his recent label issues as an example). Also does essentially buying CDs and mostly anything funding the hip-hop industry pretty much give creative control to the major labels?

Pretty much a follow up from whomever posted that picture of the 3-4 people who allegedly control the sound of hip-hop.

Instead of bumping the Best Buy CD thread, I'll just ask it here:

Information out there states buying CDs isn't the best way to support an artist. My question(s) is does every artist signed to a major label get those million dollar cash advances, similar to Lil' Pump(just to use his recent label issues as an example). Also does essentially buying CDs and mostly anything funding the hip-hop industry pretty much give creative control to the major labels?

Pretty much a follow up from whomever posted that picture of the 3-4 people who allegedly control the sound of hip-hop.

Buying CDs isn’t giving the artists money, it’s like voting for them. You’re not really gonna give an artist money unless you hand them a dub. Some get majority of their tour revenue but most don’t. Same goes for merch.

If you don’t buy or stream albums you love, hurts their chances of putting out another album on that label or altogether. Times have changed though so it’s a little easier for an artist to put out an album on their owns

If the artist is truly independent and not faking the funk like most are, they’re getting good $5-$8 every CD sale and getting majority of the tour and merch money

That's not the only story that people live tho. Not everybody speaks the same way and lives the same life. If your story isn't being told and you want your voice to be heard you are likely to speak up
Yeah but I don't think the dudes we're talking about aren't having their stories told :lol: All sound the same. Especially now.

And the fact that he’s only 31 instead of 38 or so makes it worse. You’re supposed to be entering your prime or right in it at that age. But instead, he’s totally irrelevant, and has been for years, and a lot of that is through his own doing

should've kept gucci in good space...Gwop poppin still...Waka just got caught off.

Back
Top Bottom