Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The worst part is hip-hop artists who stay away from that kind of energy are torn down and are deemed "not authentic" or "weirdos". Can't name how many times people clowned Kanye, Kendrick, Drake, Chance, Big Sean, etc for being soft or not hard enough, or not real.

The honest truth is... most hardcore/thug type cats be just as soft and wimpy. It’s all a front. Some people fall for the bait though...

The honest truth is... most hardcore/thug type cats be just as soft and wimpy. It’s all a front. Some people fall for the bait though...
Even funnier is that the guys I listed keep things pretty much 100 on their records. But I can tell you from friends in the industry for fact Future is the opposite of a druggie, and most of these other guys are not catching bodies as they claim or haven't sold drugs aside from dime bags.

Edit, proof from Future himself:
http://thesource.com/2016/01/16/fut...-addict-raps-about-drugs-because-its-a-catch/

When I think about it more as I continue to bump KOD, its only a matter of time before Papoose disses Cole for 1985 :lol:

:nerd:

That's why I laugh at everyone mad at the little white, asian, etc. kids that are making "trap" records.

Says more about the person who thinks that then the actual artists being referenced. *****s subconsciously believe that black people have a trademark on ignorance.

The last thing I'd think when I see Bhad Barbie is "man...that should be a black girl instead".

Or when artists have 99% white/other women in videos that are being degraded and people get mad because they aren't black.

"nah fam...that should be a black girl getting champagne spilled on her head"

FACTS :emoji_speaking_head:

Even funnier is that the guys I listed keep things pretty much 100 on their records. But I can tell you from friends in the industry for fact Future is the opposite of a druggie, and most of these other guys are not catching bodies as they claim or haven't sold drugs aside from dime bags.

Edit, proof from Future himself:
http://thesource.com/2016/01/16/fut...-addict-raps-about-drugs-because-its-a-catch/

what’s even funnier is if someone calls out Future for glorifying drug use while not even being the addict he portrays himself as, then they’re the ones in the wrong

That's why I laugh at everyone mad at the little white, asian, etc. kids that are making "trap" records.

Says more about the person who thinks that then the actual artists being referenced. *****s subconsciously believe that black people have a trademark on ignorance.

The last thing I'd think when I see Bhad Barbie is "man...that should be a black girl instead".

Or when artists have 99% white/other women in videos that are being degraded and people get mad because they aren't black.

"nah fam...that should be a black girl getting champagne spilled on her head"

GOT DAMN :emoji_raised_hands:

The worst part is hip-hop artists who stay away from that kind of energy are torn down and are deemed "not authentic" or "weirdos". Can't name how many times people clowned Kanye, Kendrick, Drake, Chance, Big Sean, etc for being soft or not hard enough, or not real.

I haven't seen them clowned besides Drake.

and I think the weirdos was more for people like Odd Future or Flatbush Zombies.

Oh so that's what it is.

I found the Chance hate weird as ****. Especially the responses, who listens to Chance?, he's a weirdo, etc.

Big Sean just whack to me. Drake a R&B rapper.

The thing with Kanye is I don't remember that reaction with CD. Nothing but a breath of fresh air and opened a whole new lane for rappers in mainstream and brought some new fans and standoffish ones back in to hip hop. Thing is He for a while was being labeled as a conscience rapper given his collabs. Only until after LR with his fashion stuff and public comments he was labeled a weirdo.

I swear to god yesterday that ***** said he was "done with the internet ****" after the Barclay's incident made the news :lol::smh:
Saw that.:rofl:

Cassanova gotta know he's a target. He should consider himself lucky getting out of the Tax situations with no problems.

Oh so that's what it is.

I found the Chance hate weird as ****. Especially the responses, who listens to Chance?, he's a weirdo, etc.

Big Sean just whack to me. Drake a R&B rapper.

The thing with Kanye is I don't remember that reaction with CD. Nothing but a breath of fresh air and opened a whole new lane for rappers in mainstream and brought some new fans and standoffish ones back in to hip hop. Thing is He for a while was being labeled as a conscience rapper given his collabs. Only until after LR with his fashion stuff and public comments he was labeled a weirdo.
Nah, Chance be on some other ****. That nice guy act only goes so long before people question it...especially if you putting out all kind of music whisper-singing.

I used to love Chance, but it's like the ***** don't even rap anymore.

It was just blatant how Chance has been ushered to the top of Hip Hop and shoved into our faces and social media feeds at every turn. It's not that I want Chance to make a heel turn or anything, it's just that that single dimension **** is boring with anything. ***** makes music for soccer moms now.

Some of these _'s are soft, fake and corny though.

I'm just now realizing that's Joe's son at the table. Son didn't say ONE word :lol:

I noticed that during the first episode. I was wondering who was beside Ice, because they didn't have any input. They should have gave his seat to the dude all the way down the other end.

The only problem I had with it was the sound was inconsistent.

I'm just now realizing that's Joe's son at the table. Son didn't say ONE word :lol:

I noticed him in part 1 and was wondering if he was supposed to provide a different perspective or something. Just finished part 2 and that __ has silently sat there with his hand on his face for over an hour :lol:

Yeah, I was hoping they'd ask him to chime in with the younger perspective.

Joe just getting him used to being in the middle of all that aggressive energy.:lol:

I know hip-hop has its roots in streets, but I'm so tired of the glorification of gang culture and violence towards one another when the real criminals are violating you're people everyday.

Makes no sense to me. Why would you be hype to spend half you're life in jail, that sounds like a dummy to me.

It's clear as day gang culture and general stupidity is being promoted by record labels to discredit hip-hop. Add worldstarhiphop and you've got a major problem. Smh
Ay to be clear, hip shop's origin in the streets all consisted of conscience rappers who were all "woke" speaking on the ills of society. They were all products of MLK, X, Black panthers, and the civil rights movement as far as content. Things just got away from us

Crank summed it up well.

Yeah, I was hoping they'd ask him to chime in with the younger perspective.

Joe just getting him used to being in the middle of all that aggressive energy.:lol:

The way I see it, Joe’s trying to give his son some insights on the industry he’s interested in. Little man dropped a track aimed at his pops. I respect it. :lol:

But imo sitting there and staying quiet is what he should’ve done. Soak up game when the og’s are giving it out. Just appreciate being in that room as opposed to your pops sending you to your room.

The way I see it, Joe’s trying to give his son some insights on the industry he’s interested in. Little man dropped a track aimed at his pops. I respect it. :lol:

But imo sitting there and staying quiet is what he should’ve done. Soak up game when the og’s are giving it out. Just appreciate being in that room as opposed to your pops sending you to your room.

He should have been in the corner or all the way down the end.

I could understand him being intimidated by the people at the table, because most of them have strong personalities.

Not sure if posted.

Usually 50 50 On Ebro. Sometimes he’s corny, sometimes he’s spot on. He hit the nail on the head with this one.

Been saying Ye’s a clown. I can’t rock with this dude. It baffles me how people continue to give this man a pass. That “*insert criticism here*, but we love Kanye so this hurts” stuff is beyond played out to me. Caping for a ***** who’s been showing you how he really is for 10+ years... I can’t rock with that.

Definitely. Those times with the older heads when you didn't feel like you could talk are the best times to soak up game. Don't realize how much you learn just shutting up and listening around that age.:lol:

I do agree with Magic33 Magic33 that he was taking up some prime real estate at the table. Coulda tucked him off to the side and had someone with more input there.

Sidenote: The diss was kinda hard, too. The flow is hereditary.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom