Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Somebody bring up that clip where Maino was talking about “they lied to us! How am I not your favorite?”
:lol: makes me laugh but he was on point.

Last edited:
This Part 2 was cool. The more street oriented topics like this are perfect for somebody like Maino.

This setup kinda remind me of Drinks Champs, just more coherent :lol:

I know a couple dudes like Cas from my hood. Loud abrasive _’s that was locked up they whole life so all they really got to reference is **** from when they were locked up

Last edited:
I know hip-hop has its roots in streets, but I'm so tired of the glorification of gang culture and violence towards one another when the real criminals are violating you're people everyday.

Makes no sense to me. Why would you be hype to spend half you're life in jail, that sounds like a dummy to me.

It's clear as day gang culture and general stupidity is being promoted by record labels to discredit hip-hop. Add worldstarhiphop and you've got a major problem. Smh

I know hip-hop has its roots in streets, but I'm so tired of the glorification of gang culture and violence towards one another when the real criminals are violating you're people everyday.

Makes no sense to me. Why would you be hype to spend half you're life in jail, that sounds like a dummy to me.

It's clear as day gang culture and general stupidity is being promoted by record labels to discredit hip-hop. Add worldstarhiphop and you've got a major problem. Smh

If you really lived it, I don't have a problem with you making that music. I hate the people that didn't live it talking this ****. It gets old quick.

It's early so he gotta have a few less guests, get it more organized. Can't have Cas and Maino on the same episode. They're too similar and trying to talk over each other.

Maino's If Tomorrow Comes is a 4.5/5 album, mad underrated. Told a great story on that album.

If you really lived it, I don't have a problem with you making that music. I hate the people that didn't live it talking this ****. It gets old quick.

It's early so he gotta have a few less guests, get it more organized. Can't have Cas and Maino on the same episode. They're too similar and trying to talk over each other.

Maino's If Tomorrow Comes is a 4.5/5 album, mad underrated. Told a great story on that album.

So if you’re really a druggie do you have a problem with those people making junkie music influencing the youth? Is it ok because they lived it?

Relevant

Screen_Shot_2018_04_23_at_12_48_04_PM.png

So if you’re really a druggie do you have a problem with those people making junkie music influencing the youth? Is it ok because they lived it?

That's different and it depends on how often you rap about it and deliver it. I'm tired of hearing about pills and lean and ****. I didn't have an issue with Three 6 Mafia and UGK talking about lean and pills. They weren't constantly talking about it like kids today.

That's different and it depends on how often you rap about it and deliver it. I'm tired of hearing about pills and lean and ****. I didn't have an issue with Three 6 Mafia and UGK talking about lean and pills. They weren't constantly talking about it like kids today.

That’s hypocritical tbh. You’re ok with dudes constantly rapping about shooting and killing their own getting locked up etc as long as it’s “hard” and/or lyrical, because they went through it. But for a druggie it’s different because your tired of it?
You do know there are people who are tired of the gangster imma shoot you and shoot up your grandma crib rap just like you are tired of xans lean etc?

FTR: I don’t like the druggie rap either.

That’s hypocritical tbh. You’re ok with dudes constantly rapping about shooting and killing their own getting locked up etc as long as it’s “hard” and/or lyrical, because they went through it. But for a druggie it’s different because your tired of it?
You do know there are people who are tired of the gangster imma shoot you and shoot up your grandma crib rap just like you are tired of xans lean etc?

FTR: I don’t like the druggie rap either.

For real, I'm tired of it all. I've said mad times, I listen to R&B 80% of the week. I still listen to Rap and I love Rap but I don't have the tolerance for new Rap. **** is too repetitive.

The current pills and lean rap today is usually people drugged out of their mind making **** music, terrible quality and no rapping abilities OR people dumbing themselves down and pretending to be junkies cause that's in right now.

For real, I'm tired of it all. I've said mad times, I listen to R&B 80% of the week. I still listen to Rap and I love Rap but I don't have the tolerance for new Rap. **** is too repetitive.

The current pills and lean rap today is usually people drugged out of their mind making **** music, terrible quality and no rapping abilities OR people dumbing themselves down and pretending to be junkies cause that's in right now.
Why the **** would anybody glorify being a addict anyway. That's the last thing you want to be. At least drug dealers got some hustle and know how to flip a dollar.

What's worse is when they glorify all of that then act fake mad when someone culturally appropriates it...like you're actually taking pride in that **** :lol: but as long as it rides it's all good.

Understandable.
Just hope ppl keep that same energy when they hear the my gun is bigger than yours raps

What's worse is when they glorify all of that then act fake mad when someone culturally appropriates it...like you're actually taking pride in that **** :lol: but as long as it rides it's all good.

That's why I laugh at everyone mad at the little white, asian, etc. kids that are making "trap" records.

Says more about the person who thinks that then the actual artists being referenced. ****** subconsciously believe that black people have a trademark on ignorance.

The last thing I'd think when I see Bhad Barbie is "man...that should be a black girl instead".

Or when artists have 99% white/other women in videos that are being degraded and people get mad because they aren't black.

"nah fam...that should be a black girl getting champagne spilled on her head"

America as a whole is embracing the ghetto/hood/ratchet lifestyle. This is what y’all wanted. So deal with with it.

It will always be survival of the fittest. Therefore, violence and combatants is necessary. Even in the animal kingdom, violence is the key. Get with it, or suffer

That's why I laugh at everyone mad at the little white, asian, etc. kids that are making "trap" records.

Says more about the person who thinks that then the actual artists being referenced. *****s subconsciously believe that black people have a trademark on ignorance.

The last thing I'd think when I see Bhad Barbie is "man...that should be a black girl instead".

Facts only.

It's really sad when you realize that if Bhad baddie was black most wouldn't even bat an eye to it, which says a lot.

It's okay for Future or Migos to shout to the heavens about cooking **** up on the stove, but let a white rapper do it, and it's culture appropriation time. The things we as black people actually take legit pride in is really insane when you think about it.

Why glorify killing your own and selling poison to your own?
If that's your environment, your life, your families life it's part of who are. You can look at it as glorifying other people look at it as them telling their life stories. That's what people don't understand. It's always gonna be crime, it's always gonna be rappers rapping about it cuz hip hop was born outta poverty and struggle.

I'm with you man, it's all dumb

The worst part is hip-hop artists who stay away from that kind of energy are torn down and are deemed "not authentic" or "weirdos". Can't name how many times people clowned Kanye, Kendrick, Drake, Chance, Big Sean, etc for being soft or not hard enough, or not real.

Back
Top Bottom