Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Both of these aren’t true. But the latter is flat out false. Mark Price averaged 20 & 10 and was a 5X All Star 20 years ago.

You think Steph Curry couldn’t play back then? :rofl:

Shouldn't have used the word survived and didn't realize 20 years ago was 98 :lol:. Maybe 30. Regardless, point still stands on a hypothetical level. Comparing a person's abilities to previous persons doesnt take away from ones greatness.

Shouldn't have used the word survived and didn't realize 20 years ago was 98 :lol:. Maybe 30. Regardless, point still stands on a hypothetical level. Comparing a person's abilities to previous persons doesnt take away from ones greatness.

I get that. But I’m not tolerating any Steph slights on NT. I ain’t going for it :lol:. 2nd best PG of all time :pimp:.

And Kendrick (like Steph) would be great in any era. He’s dope period!

Cause you got people calling Kendrick the GOAT and they can’t quote you a single lyric

and you got people saying you need to have a certain level of intellegence to understand Cole’s music

With Drake, he reaches so many different demographics, God’s Plan was the weaker of the two songs next to Diplomatic Immunity and look how God’s Plan took off. But Diplomatic Immunity is for people looking for “rap”

Drake undoubtably is one of the greats though NT disagrees, Kendrick is up there, Cole is....???

Kendrick has TONS of quotables. He and J.Cole alike have TONS of quotable rhymes. Drake is just the #1 p****y beta male, amongst a world of p****y beta males. There’s a reason Drake will do a collab take with Future, and not Drake or Ken. He knows them boys will thrash him. Kendrick and J.Cole have the same amount of quotables as Drake... so, your first sentence is a hollow statement

Kendrick has TONS of quotables. He and J.Cole alike have TONS of quotable rhymes. Drake is just the #1 p****y beta male, amongst a world of p****y beta males. There’s a reason Drake will do a collab take with Future, and not Drake or Ken. He knows them boys will thrash him. Kendrick and J.Cole have the same amount of quotables as Drake... so, your first sentence is a hollow statement

I mistakenly scrolled past the username and read the post first. I just knew it was grimey who wrote it by the first “p***y beta male”. :lol:

:lol:

Drake's music is empty and catchy for the most part. That's why he appeals to many people. He's not saying much, it's smart but that **** don't stick with me. One thing I respect about Kendrick, Cole, Krit is they don't jump on sounds tryna sound like other _'s. They do what they do on their albums. The content is way stronger.

Cole and Kendrick both sounded like other ****** on songs from their most recent projects.

Cole and Kendrick both sounded like other *****s on songs from their most recent projects.

It don’t count because they are “trollin”

400BFE3E-6231-4A49-AC62-DF985C6CA33E.jpeg

I ain’t say they dont have quotables

I said people who place them on a pedestal don’t really listen to the music, they just go off what the next person say. I’ve caught so many times people asking “what song is that?”, meanwhile proping up an artists project as great...people are tryna get the screenshots of them playing the album, they ain’t really digesting the music

With that being said, Kendrick is great, but everyone saying so doesn’t even listen to his music

Cole music requires “a certain level of intelligence” apparently

and Drake is a “pop star” that still gets busy alongside his catchy songs

I mean as long as we all agree that Kendrick is better than Cole and swag surfer

I ain’t say they dont have quotables

I said people who place them on a pedestal don’t really listen to the music, they just go off what the next person say. I’ve caught so many times people asking “what song is that?”, meanwhile proping up an artists project as great...people are tryna get the screenshots of them playing the album, they ain’t really digesting the music

With that being said, Kendrick is great, but everyone saying so doesn’t even listen to his music

Cole music requires “a certain level of intelligence” apparently

and Drake is a “pop star” that still gets busy alongside his catchy songs

I've said for the longest Cole is for the fake deep.

Like Nas before him.

They think Cole balances out the other bs they listen to and they can impress people that they listen to J Cole.

You can tell when you ask them what else they listen to.

Problem with Cole at this point is he seems like he’s too far into his own world. Every project now has to be no features and aiming at criticizing other rappers. Every song now is introspective and deep with some slow beat and a terrible hook. HE NEEDS FEATURES.

1. For hooks. He isn’t talented enough to consistently produce solid hooks.
2. Bringing in artists with different sounds could force him to consider different beats and help him vary his sound.

He just doesn’t balance his sound anymore.

I’m giving Born Sinner a spin right now and 6 tracks in its already better than KOD (off first impressions). Villuminati, Land Of Snakes, Trouble....all tracks with substance but better production/hooks.

Ultimately I think the reason find Coles music so boring is because his voice can be so monotone so when you add boring production and awful hooks and ZERO features to break it up it all runs together and gets really monotonous.

Problem with Cole at this point is he seems like he’s too far into his own world. Every project now has to be no features and aiming at criticizing other rappers. Every song now is introspective and deep with some slow beat and a terrible hook. HE NEEDS FEATURES.

1. For hooks. He isn’t talented enough to consistently produce solid hooks.
2. Bringing in artists with different sounds could force him to consider different beats and help him vary his sound.

He just doesn’t balance his sound anymore.

I’m giving Born Sinner a spin right now and 6 tracks in its already better than KOD (off first impressions). Villuminati, Land Of Snakes, Trouble....all tracks with substance but better production/hooks.

Ultimately I think the reason find Coles music so boring is because his voice can be so monotone so when you add boring production and awful hooks and ZERO features to break it up it all runs together and gets really monotonous.

And for his standards, its subpar lyrically

Back
Top Bottom