Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Kendrick overrated due to “lack of quality in rap today” but, Drake is heralded as a potential GOAT amongst all hip-hop eras but... Kendrick overrated? I don’t understand it

Kendrick/Cole are critiqued far more than Drake in regards to where they stand in the rap game. EVERYONE knows this era is weak, but they turn a blind eye and considered Drake so great. But Kendrick and J.Cole always get criticized for their artistry

Cause you got people calling Kendrick the GOAT and they can’t quote you a single lyric

and you got people saying you need to have a certain level of intellegence to understand Cole’s music

With Drake, he reaches so many different demographics, God’s Plan was the weaker of the two songs next to Diplomatic Immunity and look how God’s Plan took off. But Diplomatic Immunity is for people looking for “rap”

Drake undoubtably is one of the greats though NT disagrees, Kendrick is up there, Cole is....???

Kendrick overrated due to “lack of quality in rap today” but, Drake is heralded as a potential GOAT amongst all hip-hop eras but... Kendrick overrated? I don’t understand it

Kendrick/Cole are critiqued far more than Drake in regards to where they stand in the rap game. EVERYONE knows this era is weak, but they turn a blind eye and considered Drake so great. But Kendrick and J.Cole always get criticized for their artistry

I think Kendrick is great but when people tell me he’s top 5 or Top 10 of all time, no. A lot of 90s rappers rap better than him. You look at his competition and there isn’t any in a mainstream level so he looks like the GOAT.

I’ve said it before, Drake isn’t a rapper to me. He’s a pop star. He gets away with **** that rappers couldn’t do because he’s not viewed as a rapper for real by many

first time hearing in my bag

if thats on harder than ever thats gonna be a gospel song in the club

Gunna sounds like a less gay young thug

:rofl:

Gunna be saying some **** though.

“F*** the judge, gave my cousin an elbow
Locked him up, put him in a hellhole
They hope that he rotting out in mildew
Ain't seen him since my first year of high school
I'ma pay his way out for 'bout a mil or two
Ten years been riding, I made sure he had some food
I held that **** down, now look what we can do”

:pimp:

No newer artist is even close to Lil baby right now he legit

I fw gunna tho

Gave that Cole a spin this morning and will prolly never listen to it again. Production was weak and his lyrics subpar

Drake's music is empty and catchy for the most part. That's why he appeals to many people. He's not saying much, it's smart but that **** don't stick with me. One thing I respect about Kendrick, Cole, Krit is they don't jump on sounds tryna sound like other _'s. They do what they do on their albums. The content is way stronger.

Grimey be living in his own lil world. “Ppl turn a blind eye to drake but Cole and Kendrick get criticism” LOL yeah right.

******* is buggin. Kendrick is easily one of the best writers out period. May not be the best lyricist but his ability to write is unmatched compared to whos on his level

Kendrick’s name wouldn’t be as big or respected if it was 96-97. I think he’s the best today and it’s not even close.

That may be true and all but it doesnt take away from his greatness which should be the discussion. Steph Curry probably wouldn't survive in the league 20 or so years ago. Doesnt mean hes still not great

That may be true and all but it doesnt take away from his greatness which should be the discussion. Steph Curry probably wouldn't survive in the league 20 or so years ago. Doesnt mean hes still not great

Both of these aren’t true. But the latter is flat out false. Mark Price averaged 20 & 10 and was a 5X All Star 20 years ago.

You think Steph Curry couldn’t play back then? :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom