Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

This is as dry as the last album. His production is bland. I make better beats than him and I don’t think I’m nice.

He can rap. But he doesn’t rap well enough for trash beats.

6 songs in....and the production on this album is better than the last to me.

I understand the overall sentiment though. Won’t argue with you on that. But when Cole hits....he HITS!

6 songs in....and the production on this album is better than the last to me.

I understand the overall sentiment though. Won’t argue with you on that. But when Cole hits....he HITS!

I’ll finish listening later. The song about his mom, bars are great. But his awful singing and beat selection kills it for me.

It’s like magic. You wake up one day at 49...and Boom. Unc Sandles on your feet and a summer time Steve Harvey fit.

That's what I'm saying, do you just wake up one day and it feels right? Tucking your T shirt in and **** too. How does it happen?

About to play this Cole album now, haven't played a Cole album in years. He can rap but he bores the **** out of me and I hate his flow.

So this Cole is him mocking rap today? The flows and beats. It's interesting to mock something but then do it for so many songs. I don't want to hear that type of rap so I definitely don't want to hear it from him even if he's mocking it. At least say some names and diss all of these trash rappers. I'll have to play it again later, I couldn't get through it.

Last edited:
That's what I'm saying, do you just wake up one day and it feels right? Tucking your T shirt in and **** too. How does it happen?

It seems either that or the guys who are stuck on what they were wearing when they were 25. Like they gave up on updating their clothes or changing with the times.

About to play this Cole album now, haven't played a Cole album in years. He can rap but he bores the **** out of me and I hate his flow.

So this Cole is him mocking rap today? The flows and beats. It's interesting to mock something but then do it for so many songs. I don't want to hear that type of rap so I definitely don't want to hear it from him even if he's mocking it. At least say some names and diss all of these trash rappers. I'll have to play it again later, I couldn't get through it.

At least on the first song hes mocking current rap. I tuned out after so I have to relisten. On first listen, I'm not feeling it. Dude tries entirely too hard to try and make a good song instead of just rapping. Which is what we want.

This new Cole is not it. I think people feel like they gotta champion him because he has some meaning behind what he’s saying but nah, that album ain’t it. You can have depth and not rap on trash beats.

And on top of that, for a dude that people consider “lyrical” he’s really not even that nice. Nothing groundbreaking, nothing extra creative, no real replay value. This dude remains the most overrated artist in the game hands down. Definitely did his thing with Forest Hills Drive, but he’s now put out two trash albums back to back and next go round mad people still gonna be like “New Cole about to drop “. I don’t get it. This dude is the most mediocre rapper ever to be considered at the top of the game.

I think he’s moreso relating than “mocking”. He’s talking to the people who have PTSD from this life and try to numb that with substances and material things. A guy like Future does it in a more honest, rawer, less condescending and realer way. But I get what Cole is going for.

@tyisny gave a good breakdown in the Cole thread.

I think he’s moreso relating than “mocking”. He’s talking to the people who have PTSD from this life and try to numb that with substances and material things. A guy like Future does it in a more honest, rawer, less condescending and realer way. But I get what Cole is going for.

@tyisny gave a good breakdown in the Cole thread.

Still no excuse for trash production. They are too many dope producers out here for this. It’s not even about sounding like what’s hot either. Holler at 9th and step your music game up

I’ve been saying Kendrick is on the decline since GKMC but TPAB and DAMN is still way above what Cole is putting out. Way above it.

White people are definitely on Kendrick’s **** heavy tho, but I disregard them. I’m talking more about hip hop fans.

Yea Kendrick is a better rapper and puts out better music than Cole, but he's more overrated in the sense that everyone knows Cole is and average rapper whereas Kendrick is being called the goat and treated like he's the second coming of Christ.

Back
Top Bottom