Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

i did forget about toomp
but i feel like jeezy gucci tip contributed different things to the genesis of trap music

jeezy the lingo and lifestyle
gucci had the flow and zay and their formula influenced it to this day
and tip came up with the term trap muzik

they should be getting together to do the trap music documentary/movie but they petty beefing while the white man is already probably making one.
Jeezy and Gucci beef is far from petty...thats a literal blood fued, till death type of thing :lol: ....TI associated cuz they all was coming up at the same time n place

i did forget about toomp
but i feel like jeezy gucci tip contributed different things to the genesis of trap music

jeezy the lingo and lifestyle
gucci had the flow and zay and their formula influenced it to this day
and tip came up with the term trap muzik

I agree with that. It's not all credit one person but the fact is nobody was saying trap all over their albums. Naming projects "Trap suchandsuch" before him. After him it became a genre.

Jeezy and Gucci opened the door for dudes that can't really rap to have a lane. Talk street **** on hard/aggressive beats. Get by on mainly charisma, ad-libs and all that.

Jay-Z/Letterman Netflix interview is worth a watch. Genuine convo about some different topics. Jay is a really well spoken dude. He does an excellent job at translating things for people who can’t relate to his experiences/thoughts in a way that’s relevant to everyone. His interviews always have something new to take from them.
Full Interview out?

:lol: as if Clifford wasn't dropping Live Your Life duets with Rihanna while Gucci was dropping Chicken Talk

Either way Gucci made/makes better Trap music so I'm not clear why this is post worthy to him in 2018

he has hard joints he just didnt really know his lane or what he wanted to do

its still not dead for him if he just keeps going

i remember the day this came out i was like yeah this ***** is crazy :pimp: lowkey i think i made the thread about this ***** here lol

i remember there was a point where parties used to have hella hits from him back to back. fall 15 he couldnt miss.

Jeezy and Gucci beef is far from petty...thats a literal blood fued, till death type of thing :lol: ....TI associated cuz they all was coming up at the same time n place

i guess if people died but after a certain point its like ***** who cares. get money

from what i saw someone tried to rob gucci and he responded how he suppoeed to. that was a possibility when he was sent to do that but im just a ***** on the internet

Welp! Famous Dex and Rich the kidd finally broke through :lol:.

**** is crazy man. Never woulda thought they’d have multiple hits
Them ****** look the same to me. Can’t tell them apart if I see them. :lol:

Speaking of the same, Look Alive and Rover is basically the same beat. :rofl:

Rover>look alive
I heard it for the 1st time in the whip and it was :smokin. Look alive still a banger especially after u get thru the struggle Aubrey verse. Writers must’ve been on vacay. Did his thing on the hook tho

Last edited:
Fetty got a gang of kids, he better find a way to drop some more hits.

He good.. he's already wealthy b

When it came down to how he handled his responsibilities on the financial front, Fetty dished, “I’m fortunate enough to have been smart enough to invest my money so my kids will have money when I’m gone...Understand… I’m not rich. I’m wealthy.”

It’s crazy when rich started that rich forever **** I smh especially at dex signing and wrote them dudes off. This ***** look like a genius in hindsight. If critch break thru rich a young mogul and more dudes gonna take their talents to rich forever. Uzi looking flabby n sick.

Jay-Z/Letterman Netflix interview is worth a watch. Genuine convo about some different topics. Jay is a really well spoken dude. He does an excellent job at translating things for people who can’t relate to his experiences/thoughts in a way that’s relevant to everyone. His interviews always have something new to take from them.

@nawghtyhare

i guess if people died but after a certain point its like ***** who cares. get money

from what i saw someone tried to rob gucci and he responded how he suppoeed to. that was a possibility when he was sent to do that but im just a ***** on the internet
Somebody tries to kill you or somebody kills your mans and it’s just “who cares ,get money” ? ...that’s different, couldn’t be me :lol: :smh:

Besides, they all been doing that anyway without working with each other

TI is the first to really push the term Trap mainstream but I’m not giving him credit for “trap music” Beats by the Pound and NL were the first that I can think of with those hard *** beats. You can say Juicy J and DJ Paul too. I wouldn’t say UGK or Face, their beats weren’t hitting like 3 6 and NL.

I remember when Gucci and TI was beefing, they been cool for a while so this is just ego.

Somebody tries to kill you or somebody kills your mans and it’s just “who cares ,get money” ? ...that’s different, couldn’t be me :lol: :smh:

Besides, they all been doing that anyway without working with each other

Right.

Puff is mr peaceful and he still throws lil sneak shots at Suge. When dudes are getting killed and tortured that changes ****.

Just heard that Spanish cardi b track on the radio. Joint is flames.

Who the Spanish dude on the Song? Dude was flowing :lol:

Lmao!! He DMd me some music video the other day. After I heard that song I actually watched it. Low key he was looking out :pimp: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom