Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Lil Uzi and Carti’s aesthetic. That’s it.

whats scary is i cant even really think of what these ****** did so differently from them aside from having gunnerstahl around to take those disposable camera esque photos :lol:

gunner-stahl-hip-hop-photos-003.jpg

gunner-stahl-portraits-00.jpg

they all got the dreads and face tats type look.

Carti fanbase is real. They were in the cut before he even blew up...all the “underground” tumblr ppl were bumping carti in 2014. I think fetty on fetty is really what started the rise

honestly i cant even put my finger on what made carti pop instead of fauni and uno aside from social media behavior/clout (carti on that weeknd rare posting ****), and then asap and pierre

Honestly, Ian Connor. He plugged him in w his fanbase OD hard, gave him clothes etc. that was his actual “manager” for a lil min. He just went everywhere w that _. Thats how ASAP came into the picture too, Rocky was managing Ian Connor at the time and basically just took that _ :lol:

Coming from a ***** that listen to FETTY WAP :rofl::rofl:

fetty name never even been mentioned in this thread so you must be following me.

Anyway, you the only ***** in here that think Carti, a ******* adlib rapper who can makes good music. Usually when its consensus that a ****** trash, hes trash. Give it up plehboi.

old gucci unlocked

between Nudy, Flocka and now TIP Cosby...it’s time. Got me feeling like a little kid waiting for the Undertaker to come back around Wrestlemania time.

I don't even care for Gucci like that but ****** is talking too crazy about a ***** who caught a body :lol:

What about Dope Boyz on I’m Serious?

i gotta go back and listen but if we playing the game of drug talk over southern beats then we gotta give it to UGK, No Limit, Mannie Fresh, 3 6.

TIP at the time was just taking lingo and applying it to his standard drug and gun talk. All his albums are “trap music” if the definition is just music about selling drugs and being in and around a trap.

Jay-Z/Letterman Netflix interview is worth a watch. Genuine convo about some different topics. Jay is a really well spoken dude. He does an excellent job at translating things for people who can’t relate to his experiences/thoughts in a way that’s relevant to everyone. His interviews always have something new to take from them.

fetty name never even been mentioned in this thread so you must be following me.

Anyway, you the only ***** in here that think Carti, a ******* adlib rapper who can makes good music. Usually when its consensus that a ****** trash, hes trash. Give it up plehboi.
Your musical opinion about what’s good or not isn’t taken seriously. You listen TO FETTY WAP :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Probably think Nudy and Uzi trash right? >D:lol:

His main producer was DJ Toomp though and one of his sounds is trap. Banner and Daz did like 1 Tip song each.

i did forget about toomp
but i feel like jeezy gucci tip contributed different things to the genesis of trap music

jeezy the lingo and lifestyle
gucci had the flow and zay and their formula influenced it to this day
and tip came up with the term trap muzik

they should be getting together to do the trap music documentary/movie but they petty beefing while the white man is already probably making one.

Back
Top Bottom