Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I consider trap music hard *** bass beats with southern rappers talking their drug **** over. No Limit and 3 6 was the first to really rap over those bass beats like that.

I was just thinking, it’s crazy how many 3 6 songs been sampled and blown up in the last few months. Slob on My Knob, Power Slide, Who Run It and now Bickenhead.

I’m gonna predict Don’t Save Her or Sippin on Some Syrup is next.

I consider trap music hard *** bass beats with southern rappers talking their drug **** over. No Limit and 3 6 was the first to really rap over those bass beats like that.

I was just thinking, it’s crazy how many 3 6 songs been sampled and blown up in the last few months. Slob on My Knob, Power Slide, Who Run It and now Bickenhead.

I always thought Memphis didn't get their credit with 3 6 and Eightball & MJG

I always thought Memphis didn't get their credit with 3 6 and Eightball & MJG

They really didn’t. I feel like 8 Ball and MJG weren’t that big though but they do deserve more credit. The **** 3 6 did is really crazy. They’ve been in the game so long and did their own beats and did their own movies. They’re really underrated.

Even that Bad Boy 8 Ball and MJG album had fire on it. Their second album with Bad Boy was trash, no clue what they were all thinking with that one.

3-6 was SOOOOOOOO far ahead of the game mane.

They really didn’t. I feel like 8 Ball and MJG weren’t that big though but they do deserve more credit. The **** 3 6 did is really crazy. They’ve been in the game so long and did their own beats and did their own movies. They’re really underrated.

Even that Bad Boy 8 Ball and MJG album had fire on it. Their second album with Bad Boy was trash, no clue what they were all thinking with that one.

Wow other than the 2 singles I don't even remember them having a second Bad Boy album :lol:

I saw what Puff was doing, but he didn't really let them do them. Like The Lox. Puff saw wha the south was doing so it made sense.

I didn't like Gorilla Zoe or Young Joc.

He really needed Jeezy as a solo act to carry the label.

He let them kinda stay true to themselves that first album and it was dope. Second album was a different sound. Think it was called Ridin High and it was T R A S H. Why mess it up when the first one did well.

Joc first album was good, second album was one of the worst I’ve ever heard. Like they did with 8Ball and MJG, I have no clue what they were thinking with that second album.

I didn’t like either Gorilla Zoe album but he definitely had a couple joints on each.

Juicy J doing the Who Run It Challenge is funny. His verse hard tho.

Yeah, I thought the first album was ok and it did pretty well. I think that was the problem. Puff was probably chasing platinum and they were trying too hard for a radio friendly hit.

How many artist on Bad Boy had good second albums besides Big? If they got second albums.

It's like everyone popped first album and flamed out quickly. Faith is the only one who really had longevity.

Mase second album trash

Black Rob second album was good but got no love or promo.

112 had three good albums or four at Bad Boy.

G didn’t get a second album

Mario Winans didn’t get a second album

Cheri Dennis didn’t get a second album

Shyne didn’t get a second album

The Lox didn’t get a second album

Carl Thomas second album was trash

Joc second album was trash

Day 26 had two fire albums

Carl Thomas had a couple of smash singles and waited a long time to come back out, flopped and then was off the label.

Carl Thomas had a couple of smash singles and waited a long time to come back out, flopped and then was off the label.

I remember reading his album got pushed back a min because Diddy was signing a new distro deal w Universal, he had to wait unitil after the deal was done and then his brother (and also frequent collaborator) ended up getting killed

What is this who run it challenge stuff?

Stemmed from Herbo doing a freestyle over the beat, then Drake telling him to put it on wax, then everyone followed suit

It’s come full circle with Juicy J doing one too

I watched that, good episode. I’m a huge Trick fan, it was dope seeing a lot of that again.

Fans turn on you, lose interest, want something new. Also rappers lose hunger and get lazy. His last few albums weren’t good.

Yeah his newest song with trina is awful. He trying too hard to adapt to the new song

Back
Top Bottom