Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The Troll has said before he's independent and doing it on his own, that's the cool thing to do. I don't know **** about the other guy.

Video basically said one of the bosses at Universal has a son that started a label and somehow all his acts are huge. So Universal gotta be helping them. It was a dope watch.

I haven’t heard him say that but maybe he has. Trippie started dissing him right after Gummo and 69 was talking about how they signed to the same label and should be on the same team, working together etc

Trippie was saying “I’m signed to Elliot grainge idk who you signed to” but then he started talking about how he got 69 his deal, said that _ signed for 15k and he made a 5k finders fee off it :lol:

A couple weeks ago in the TBC interview he reiterated again that they signed to the same label but said the label wasn’t really worried about him like that until he got Gummo. I don’t think they saw him being this big.

All of Elliot’s artist aren’t huge tho. Nobody know or care about Reo Cragun and those other ppl like that

Last edited:
:lol: Teddy was right, rap still in its adolescence stage. Imagine discouraging artists from being inspired/experimenting with different sounds because they’re not from the region the sound originated from

36C1AEE9-A99E-44FD-B9B3-94E86A97FB68.png

Yeah i don't get it

Not if you are talented... which SOB X ROE is. If you have no talent trying to get attention, it’s different. Them boys actually real deal talented...

You must be one of them dudes who shy away from competition...

Right because calling out ****** for no reason with a ***** you at the end has to do with me shying away from competition. The connections yall come up with be funny :lol:

I thought the same thing but it's more of the attitudes of the young artist and fans. A young rock group wouldn't disparage Jimi Hendricks for likes and attention.

Rock is notorious for covering **** and resealing it like it's nothing. They will take the most popular song from an artist, put a guitar over it and it be one of their hit songs. Rap is the only genre where using somebody else's work is a problem. Yet sampling is ok. :lol:

Thats part of the appeal :lol:

He slides on these beats in the most deadpan way possible. That combined w the E-40 esque slang, the cadence, the lowkey humor etc makes for a original sounding take on the LA sound

Reminds me of a West Coast Sada Baby. He be sliding and saying some slick ****

Drakeo got BARS foreal. think I 1st heard him on mr get dough and was like :wow: who is this *****. good to see a few other **** with him in here. thought it was only me & @D StaXX
lemme get my wavycrocket wavycrocket embed game on

"something fishy going on
Finna turn on the lights
cuz we done gangbanged this *****
and her ***** outside
**** I'm tripping
all he wanted was a picture this time"

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

#freedrakeo

Rock is notorious for covering **** and resealing it like it's nothing. They will take the most popular song from an artist, put a guitar over it and it be one of their hit songs. Rap is the only genre where using somebody else's work is a problem. Yet sampling is ok. :lol:
White Rock music was built on stealing people's music and repackaging it as white, they've never pride themselves on being creative.

Right because calling out ****** for no reason with a ***** you at the end has to do with me shying away from competition. The connections yall come up with be funny :lol:

A Grimey Post isn’t a Grimey Post if it doesn’t mention some rapper being 30 something....and a reach of what type of character flaw he thinks you have based on entirely nothing :lol:

:lol: Teddy was right, rap still in its adolescence stage. Imagine discouraging artists from being inspired/experimenting with different sounds because they’re not from the region the sound originated from

36C1AEE9-A99E-44FD-B9B3-94E86A97FB68.png

It has nothing to do with rap being in an adolescent stage. It boils down to ppl feeling a type a way about building something up and seeing somebody else swoop in to capitalize off of it.

100 years from now _’s will feel the same way. We’re just really territorial over stuff it could be slang, clothing style, etc

I'll give him somewhat of a pass, how are men supposed to know HM means Hair and Makeup.

Busta doesn't have a classic, he got a few great albums though.

Back
Top Bottom