Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

They pulled that net worth number out their ***. No one knows what their net worth is and neither has public $100 million deals like diddy, jay, or dre to even make an educated guess

"First rapper to bring a platinum plaque back to the projects, but you still wanna hate, be my guest, I suggest"

While I like I Am, I still wish the original double album had dropped

Bootlegging deprived us from having a possibly great double album to just a good album from Nas

Jeezy my guy but son isn’t some prolific spitter either.

“Patty cake patty cake
microwave
Circles make a square
God damn I’m paid”

Him and Gucci are on the same level, imo, as far as lyrics. Gucci surpassed him tho.

Disagree with this. Jeezy doesn't have great word play, but he raps on a higher level than Gucci.

The flow is what gives it a pass. Along with the HaHa after. Jeez adlibs early on was :nthat:

This I can’t deny. Jeezy adlibs are better than Gucci’s. :lol:

The “yeahhhhhhh” and “hahaaaa” early on :smokin

But the “BURRR” is legendary still.

I think Jeezy is a better “traditional” rapper but Gucci is IMO more inventive and willing to experiment w different flows etc. That zaytoven sound was weird and off putting for a lot of ppl 10 years ago and now it’s a trap staple.

These arguments go nowhere tho. Jeezy has been a big budget mainstream rapper majority of his career and doesn’t have as much output so it’s a lot easier and realistic to have a holistic view of his work. Gucci more of cult figure with a crazy large catalog, majority of people critiquing his stuff havent heard enough of it to have a legitimate opinion.

yall might as well listen to cardi album..its not like yall going to be able to escape it lol..that joint is going to be everywhere

Last edited:
8E24DA0D-DA80-4682-8B2A-497CF06DCE7C.jpeg
The goat vs washed up snow

Back
Top Bottom