Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I don't need to listen to an entire project to determine their skill level. Unfortunately I can't escape you dudes Trap God.

Gucci ain't a lyrical genius but he talk that ****. No way you heard these intros and thought he was trash.

Start selling weed for my brother, the age was eleven
Thirty off a hundred dollars he working the shipments
Seventh grade Christmas time, momma gave me a fifty
I spent that fifty with the dope man, he gave me two fifties
I owed a fifty but I trapped and I paid him so quickly
I had them dimes so big junkies callin' me biggie

I'm at the top and I swear to God, it's really lonely
But I'm not coming down, no stoopin' down, I keep it movin'
These young *****'s got no respect who make music
Broke *** ***** never can get used to it
And the bottom of Sun Valley don't do it like the top do it
Bouldercrest we hear AK's more than church music

U can’t sit here and tell me Jeezy and Gucci on 2 different levels when it comes to rapping. I rocked wit jeezy when he made good music, but neither is Kendrick but we gotta stop nonsense. Hell the intro to Mr. Davis is a more recent example of him spitting.

Wop can rap. There’s no looking deep into it. He’s good at what he does. He’s Project Pat with a sprinkle of Master P on steroids...and them some. This verse too cold. Gucci got a lot of lingo and chicken talk that ***** didn’t understand at the time.

Yeah. When Gucci crazy drugged out...he can get into this humerous, druggy flow, simple flow (still dope). But he’s versatile...and in my opinion...underrated with how he flips ****.

Still does it to this day:

“Well the load getting closer
Hope they don’t pull him over
I know my ‘bows over
sack em up and keep the over
Dope weighing over
Please don’t weigh it over
It’s losing water rapidly, I whipped it up soda
Count the money over,
And beat the junkie sober
Splash the water on it when I lean the pot over
Zone 6 soldier, take your hood over
High grade, upscale, top notch yola”

He flipping words there. It sound simple...but it’s some clever internal rhyme schemes and usage of words here. He used the word “over” about 10 different ways that meant something entirely different depending on the context.

U can’t sit here and tell me Jeezy and Gucci on 2 different levels when it comes to rapping. I rocked wit jeezy when he made good music, but neither is Kendrick but we gotta stop nonsense. Hell the intro to Mr. Davis is a more recent example of him spitting.
10x /10 I'm listening to Gucci or jeezy before I even think about bumping some Kendrick. Dude is hella overrated. But I don't listen to rappers that's lamer than me and ain't got **** to talk about.

10x /10 I'm listening to Gucci or jeezy before I even think about bumping some Kendrick. Dude is hella overrated. But I don't listen to rappers that's lamer than me and ain't got **** to talk about.

******* is going crazy in here :lol:

Cardi flow and delivery are off at times but it's dope she ain't sounding like Migos on every song BUT it's funny YG talking all that gang **** and blood ****. He did a song with a fake blood Wayne, now doing a song with Cardi B, another fake blood. Can't take him serious. He gotta give the little troll a pass too if he giving everyone else a pass.

Reactions: OTG
Cardi flow and delivery are off at times but it's dope she ain't sounding like Migos on every song BUT it's funny YG talking all that gang **** and blood ****. He did a song with a fake blood Wayne, now doing a song with Cardi B, another fake blood. Can't take him serious. He gotta give the little troll a pass too if he giving everyone else a pass.

Bardi been bickin back bein bool for a long time before fame from my understanding lol

Bardi been bickin back bein bool for a long time before fame from my understanding lol
If this is true like she says, I assume she just smashed the set and they used her to hold down work here and there. Cant see her really getting down in the trenches

Back
Top Bottom