Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Carter 1 is def a classic and if not that....it’s a hell of an album and Wayne’s best project. It’s just slept on because Wayne wasn’t fully Wayne yet until C2 onward. Those who know, know.

It is Waynes best project but it's far from a classic. Its underappreciated for the reason you mentioned, but I'm not giving that title to Carter 1. At all.

corny if safaree never portrayed himself to be “like that” and he’s never had a gun to his head...that can def traumatize someone safaree being a lame aside

I only feel a little sorry for him. He doesn't know how to roll. He shouldn't have gotten got by Meeks squad and this shouldn't have happened. If you gon be the ****** rolling around with Minks and a lot of jewelry, you gotta roll with a crew. Period. Or a bodyguard. Just imagine what would've happened if Fab didn't have that bodyguard when he confronted Emily's pops with the plastic cookout knife.

C3 a personal classic because of how hard I was bumping Wayne in 08-09 (and everyone under 30 was also probably making formative year memories to the album with is also why its so gassed by this generation) but you not still playing **** like phone home and get money stop it.

C3 a personal classic because of how hard I was bumping Wayne in 08-09 (and everyone under 30 was also probably making formative year memories to the album with is also why its so gassed by this generation) but you not still playing **** like phone home and get money stop it.

The album as a whole was buns. That album was a gift and curse for his career. Got him platinum but it was his peak.

I only feel a little sorry for him. He doesn't know how to roll. He shouldn't have gotten got by Meeks squad and this shouldn't have happened. If you gon be the ****** rolling around with Minks and a lot of jewelry, you gotta roll with a crew. Period. Or a bodyguard. Just imagine what would've happened if Fab didn't have that bodyguard when he confronted Emily's pops with the plastic cookout knife.

lmao at plastic cookout knife edit.

but its just more lame circular street ****. lets say safaree had something on him and blows everyone away. now he has more issues.

imo people who twerk and smack they lips and **** and just wanna get *****es nd be cool should be allowed in their own lane and leave the chain snatching to the millions of rappers portraying themselves to be like that but maybe my heart too big and thats just the way it is the streets dont got rules.

The album as a whole was buns. That album was a gift and curse for his career. Got him platinum but it was his peak.

that album solidified him into never really being able to fall off.

he was doing better numbers than timberlake and britney. nothing about c3 “cursed” wayne

that album solidified him into never really being able to fall off.

he was doing better numbers than timberlake and britney. nothing about c3 “cursed” wayne

The only reason he can never fall off is because of what rap currently is. He gave birth to it for the most part.

Slightly unrelated. We been unanimously dogging Wayne for the longest. Like it was agreeable that he was washed. All the way until the Birdman nonsense came out. Now hes getting the sympathy and is loved again. Its weird when fans decide to give sympathy and when we stop ******* on an artist. And also how we go from liking to hating an artist so fast

The same is happening to Nicki and Cardi. People are ******** on Cardi look like crazy. We all predicted it it would happen but for it to happen this fast is nuts to me. Now I'm seeing all of a sudden, people are liking Nicki again. The moment she disappears like I've been saying she should do, people are liking her again, when everyone was dogging her just months ago :lol:

You a real hater man :lol:

There isn’t one trash song on C1. Even @Peep Game would call it “above average” :lol:

Nah, both albums trash. Heard Carter 1 once gave it right back to my coworker.

Downloaded Carter 2, played it in the whip, got to like 7 or 8 and tossed it out the window.

Wayne says way too many dumb things, the worst out of the core 4 from Cash Money.

Nah, both albums trash. Heard Carter 1 once gave it right back to my coworker.

Downloaded Carter 2, played it in the whip, got to like 7 or 8 and tossed it out the window.

Wayne says way too many dumb things, the worst out of the core 4 from Cash Money.

You heard this and said it's trash?

8EqwW_s-200x150.gif

I can put Carter 1 & 2 against any classic album and they both hold their own.
Wayne took the next step on C1 & only elevated on C2.
I'm not even a Wayne fan like that but those two albums undeniable imo.

I remember when C4 dropped and people on Twitter were clowning the hell out of the struggle bars. Particularly “I’m all about da vision(division) like the line between two dot”. :rofl:

Man, that was a bad album. No Ceilings really his best project on the low. :nerd:

Mind blown at a ***** hearing “The Mobb”,”Fly in” and “Money on my mind” to consecutively to start off an album....and then throwing it out of his car window like a frisbeee :rofl:

Ballerific gon Ballerific
I swear, it just doesn’t make sense

I remember hearing Tha Mobb and Fly In in my brothers car just like

ImportantEnlightenedFlyingfish-size_restricted.gif

He ditched that style for corny lil punchlines just 2 years later. :smh:

I remember hearing 2-3 hard songs and then I heard a few wack songs and some nursery rhymes. ************ became an instant frisbee.

I can put Carter 1 & 2 against any classic album and they both hold their own.
Wayne took the next step on C1 & only elevated on C2.
I'm not even a Wayne fan like that but those two albums undeniable imo.
No you cant. Put Carter 1 and 2 vs Blueprint and the Black Album. Those are classics. Front to end.

Carter 1 and 2 are good to great.

Back
Top Bottom