Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

This is true. Carter 1 and 2 are nice solid albums. But somehow Carter 2 got elevated to some Ready To Die/Blueprint status when that couldn't be further from the truth.

It’s the more East Coast sounding and easier digestible album of the 2. Very good album...just not better than C1. C2 Starts off very strong...then loses a lil steam with reaches for radio records like “Grown Man”...but picks up again.

Manny was a fool on C1. It be making you feel like you were marching in a second line on some street in UPT :lol:. And Wayne was spitting. No “corny nursery rhymes” then. Concept songs, stream of consciousness raps, introspective tracks, bangers. Got it all.

I never understood why Baby had all that money and Wayne supposedly had mad money, why was he wearing Gillie’s chain when he a bigger star?

Did Gillie get paid for writing those Carter songs yet or nah?

But.... he kept tony ya to album

Nobody was calling Yayo the greatest rapper alive or putting him in a certain tier. Yayo’s album came out and everyone was calling him trash and his album trash. Different expectations and different labels for both artists.

Tha Black Album is one of the most overrated albums ever. Wouldn’t make my top 7 Jay albums.

I only started liking the Black Album more once I heard the Pete Rock remix later on..

Last edited:
Tha Black Album is one of the most overrated albums ever. Wouldn’t make my top 7 Jay albums.

Top 7 is harsh, but pretty much agree. Said plenty of times that the aura around the album >>>> the album itself. Allure is really the only song I've gone back to for years. Just like recent Kanye albums, people were enamored with the build and lead up to it vs the actual music.

But.... he kept tony ya to album

That ***** bumping the best of Uncle Murda right now...”happy” like this:

0D40ADE3-A9C4-4162-A305-EA00DB783379.gif

I know it’s loved but The Black Album is not a personal classic to me. Really hated a cpl of singles on there

High points are really high.

What more can I say
Encore
PSA

Dirt off your shoulders and a couple other tracks aged horribly though :lol:. Still a good album. Enjoyed it more then, than I do now.

No you cant. Put Carter 1 and 2 vs Blueprint and the Black Album. Those are classics. Front to end.

Carter 1 and 2 are good to great.

Yes you can. It's crazy to me how people still don't realize how great of an album C1 was.
Wayne was really on some **** that whole album from start to finish.
BMJR still one of the hardest songs ever created.

Nonsense.

Haven't listened to Carter II, but Carter 1 was one of the first albums I fell in love with. Don't remember how I came across it, but used to listen to a C&S rip all day long back in middle school along with Let the Truth Be Told.

While NY has tons of albums that can define that city/region, can't pinpoint one for the South or even Houston.

Let the Truth Be Told better then every Wayne album. You talking Z-Ro, right?

The south definitely got classics that all regions recognize. 400 Degreez, Ghetto D, Aquemini and so on

Yeah, Z-Ro. Favorite Z-Ro album for sure next to the Cocaine mixtape/album.

Just got don't bumping all types of southern classics. Thug motivation 101 new joc city some classics from lil Jon big Tymers and Juvie pastor troy David banner no limit

Just got don't bumping all types of southern classics. Thug motivation 101 new joc city some classics from lil Jon big Tymers and Juvie pastor troy David banner no limit

New joc city? :lol:

I can't wait for the tide pod eater generation to grow up and sign up here. They gon be telling me all about Lil Xans classic :lol:

Back
Top Bottom