Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Hardaway getting constant spins out here.

That hook
B5895D3A-21B4-4B76-BD57-3A51E66564B5.png

Aunt Andre’s on Aunt Andre’s

Man, S2 of the Wire literally could've been any coastal city with with a low income white community.

This is crazy talk.

I don't know of any other place that have projects like that.

From the way they were talking to how they looked I knew it was NYC and I knew it was Queens.

I literally repeated what you said to specify the movie was about Roxanne Shane. Not Queensbridge. Its literally about her life.

Cuz Queensbridge wasn't made in to its own characters doesn't make the movie less authentic. Thats a made up criteria.

I'm saying if it ain't authentic you weren't actually trying.

Made up criteria like she wasn't the rap battle champion defeating everyone? You believe that? Then why was Kane writing for her? She had ghostwriters from day one up until Big Momma.

She was making all this money battling, and wouldn't battle for less than...., but then couldn't even afford her own place?

Projects like what? They didn't show it from above. You had no idea how big it was. It could have been two stories. Philly has(d) projects. Jersey has(d) projects. Chicago has(d) projects. Boston has(d) projects.

Made up criteria like she wasn't the rap battle champion defeating everyone?
Thats not made up criteria.

Thats something you said. That I just repeated to hammer down a point to what the movie was about.

Saying or implying the movie had to make Queensbridge feel like its own character like The Wire did with Baltimore - even though they did not accurately portray Baltimore - is what makes a movie authentic is made up criteria.

Thats what I'm talking about.

She was making all this money battling, and wouldn't battle for less than...., but then couldn't even afford her own place?
The movie clearly shows where all that money was going. To her fam and copping clothes and jewelry.

Projects like what? They didn't show it from above. You had no idea how big it was.
Rewatch the movie :lol:

If you ain't pay attention I don't know how you can argue it wasn't authentic.

The movie clearly shows where all that money was going. To her fam and copping clothes and jewelry.

You're making a lot of excuses :lol: Clothes and jewelry in the 80's cost but so much.

I don't need to re-watch it, it was a movie. Nothing more, nothing less. I know better than to believe everything I see in a movie. It was far from authentic.

Just like she lied about being a psychologist and engineering a deal where the label paid for her schooling for years. But keep believing everything in that movie was accurate if you want.

You're making a lot of excuses :lol: Clothes and jewelry in the 80's cost but so much.
No I'm not :lol: You're just making up a lot of complaints. I mean the whole money from battles and affording her own place has nothing to do with if the movie was authentic anyway. Especially given how many battles were even depicted.

I don't need to re-watch it, it was a movie.
Bruh :lol: You literally said they didn't show the projects from above. They definitely did. You're making claims about a movie you don't even remember to argue that it wasn't authentic.

Just like she lied about being a psychologist and engineering a deal where the label paid for her schooling for years. But keep believing everything in that movie was accurate if you want.
:lol: At this point it just sound like you got a problem cuz things you believe to be fact weren't depicted in the movie while ignoring what the movie was about.

Already done distanced yourself from the nonsense that Queensbridge had to be its own character in order for the movie to be authentic stance.

No I'm not :lol: You're just making up a lot of complaints. I mean the whole money from battles and affording her own place has nothing to do with if the movie was authentic anyway. Especially given how many battles were even depicted.

Bruh :lol: You literally said they didn't show the projects from above. They definitely did. You're making claims about a movie you don't even remember to argue that it wasn't authentic.

:lol: At this point it just sound like you got a problem cuz things you believe to be fact weren't depicted in the movie while ignoring what the movie was about.

Already done distanced yourself from the nonsense that Queensbridge had to be its own character in order for the movie to be authentic stance.

Do you know how big Queens Bridge is?

This is part of it

bb6b0f57a98a6f98efbf7bc213577015--queens-new-york-long-island-city.jpg

and I didn't distance anything, I just realized I'm speaking to someone who doesn't know about New York or the 80's.

Do you know how big Queens Bridge is?
Its the biggest projects in America.

But wait let me guess the movie had to show Queensbridge being the biggest projects in order to tell Roxanne's story cuz the movie is about Queensbridge :lol:

Now you disputing at what scale did they show the projects from above not that they showed it :smh:

This don't even seem to be about authenticity. Just things you didn't like about the movie.

Its the biggest projects in America.

But wait let me guess the movie had to show Queensbridge being the biggest projects in order to tell Roxanne's story cuz the movie is about Queensbridge :lol:

This don't even seem to be about authenticity. Just things you didn't like about the movie.

so I shouldn't expect a Spike Lee movie set in Brooklyn to depict and show ummmmm, Brooklyn. right :lol:

@$tacy aye you were right, this Gucci song is :smokin that Big Tymers song is nice too; and Any Weather even though I don’t think it’s more than 2 minutes

so I shouldn't expect a Spike Lee movie set in Brooklyn to depict and show ummmmm, Brooklyn. right :lol:
The movie did show Queensbridge.

You just complaining about what they didn't show that you wanted.

What you're doing would be like complaining Do the Right Thing didn't show Grand Army Plaza or Flatbush or Crown Heights. Ignoring the fact that Brooklyn is the biggest borough in NYC and no Spike Lee movie set in Brooklyn ever shows every single nook and cranny of BK :lol:

Where were the Yardies and $1 vans in Clockers? Not a single shot of Church Ave in Crooklyn. No Golden Crust shown in any of his movies!

Spike Lee movies must make inauthentic BK movies.

The movie did show Queensbridge.

You just complaining about what they didn't show that you wanted.

What you're doing would be like complaining Do the Right Thing didn't show Grand Army Plaza or Flatbush or Crown Heights. Ignoring the fact that Brooklyn is the biggest borough in NYC and no Spike Lee movie set in Brooklyn ever shows every single nook and cranny of BK :lol:

Ok, Mr Queensbridge is the only place with projects like that.

Back
Top Bottom