Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Yeah fasho

I'm not sure if that song w chris brown ended up charting but this should def be his first charting single if that one didn't. They should've got like Skylar Grey or Pink to sing on this for the full effect tho :lol:

i wqs just about to say he gonna flourish one day with those post 2011 eminem type songs for the superbowls and **** with the slow drum beat and white pop singer

No idea why he even signed to Cash Money in the first place.
Should have stayed independent.

That wasn't the point of my statement. The Wire gave Baltimore an identity the show, it doesn't matter if it was accurate. David Simon gave it from his perspective as an outsider. The show being in Baltimore was a essential point of the show.

Queens Bridge wasn't even addressed in the movie and had no identity. It was only referred to.
What? :lol:

So if I made a great movie or tv series set in Pittsburgh but gave it this hodgepodge NYC identity with some Pittsburgh accuracy it wouldn't matter as long as one of the points is its set in Pitt? :lol:

Whereas Roxanne×2 was clearly set in 80s NYC queensbridge but wasn't part of the main part of the movie made it less genuine or accurate?

Cuz iirc this started with dude praising that he felt Roxanne×2 was really well made as an authentic flick with attention to detail and your problem was that BDK wasn't in it shown writing her lyrics, or Shan and G Rap.

When the movie is literally about the life of the queen of queensbridge life, who never lost a rap battle.

But then again there is this assumption that Queensbridge had to feel like its own separate character or you had to long for 80s Queensbridge in order for the movie to be authentic or have attention to detail.

Again though, my thing is you're claiming The Wire did that but the separate character it was wasn't even actually BMore. Thats not authentic at all.

Live footage of Money Man. Put that boy in timeout, with a dunce cap

555EF7A0-659B-4857-80EC-3E886199AD2E.jpeg

So if I made a great movie or tv series set in Pittsburgh but gave it this hodgepodge NYC identity with some Pittsburgh accuracy it wouldn't matter as long as one of the points is its set in Pitt? :lol:

Whereas Roxanne×2 was clearly set in 80s NYC queensbridge but wasn't part of the main part of the movie made it less genuine or accurate?

Cuz iirc this started with dude praising that he felt Roxanne×2 was really well made as an authentic flick with attention to detail and your problem was that BDK wasn't in it shown writing her lyrics, or Shan and G Rap.

When the movie is literally about the life of the queen of queensbridge life, who never lost a rap battle.

But then again there is this assumption that Queensbridge had to feel like its own separate character or you had to long for 80s Queensbridge in order for the movie to be authentic or have attention to detail.

Again though, my thing is you're claiming The Wire did that but the separate character it was wasn't even actually BMore. Thats not authentic at all.

What was season two of The Wire? The Projects, dress and the way some people tried to talk? That couldn't have been anywhere in the country.

If she didn't mention Queens Bridge you would have no idea where it was. You wouldn't know that was New York at all. It could have been in Jersey. Most shows even if they aren't filmed in New York they still try to give the feel of the city or show landmarks. Roxanne Shante performs....random club. No name or anything. How hard is it to name drop a club in the 80's?

And you're proving my point when the only way you know where it was them giving her that BS title. My claim is they tried with The Wire, they didn't with that movie. You can say this wasn't accurate or that wasn't accurate. I can't even claim that, because nothing about Roxanne was accurate, because it didn't even try to represent 80's New York or Queens Bridge and it didn't. That's not attention to detail and not being authentic. There wasn't a point during the movie where I thought, I remember that. I used to do that. I used to say that. How do you have no break dancing in the movie? Imagine having The Wire without mentioning anything about Baltimore besides the name.

Exactly......

Live footage of Money Man. Put that boy in timeout, with a dunce cap

555EF7A0-659B-4857-80EC-3E886199AD2E.jpeg

Speaking of Artist afflilated with Birdman....

Envy did Derez a solid. Hardaway is like a top 50 record in the country and Envy had a lot to do with that.

What was season two of The Wire? The Projects, dress and the way some people tried to talk? That couldn't have been anywhere in the country.
Man, S2 of the Wire literally could've been any coastal city with with a low income white community.

If she didn't mention Queens Bridge you would have no idea where it was. You wouldn't know that was New York at all.
This is crazy talk.

I don't know of any other place that have projects like that or ppl that talk like that?

New Jersey? Man NJ is NYC's backyard. Always been that way. That NYC style and culture extends to the entire tri-state area.

Nothing in the movie really looked like Cali, NO, Tx, Detroit, ATL. DMV, etc. I didn't mistake anything in the movie for some place not in NYC.

From the way they were talking to how they looked I knew it was NYC and I knew it was Queens.

And you're proving my point when the only way you know where it was them giving her that BS title.
I literally repeated what you said to specify the movie was about Roxanne Shane. Not Queensbridge. Its literally about her life.

Cuz Queensbridge wasn't made in to its own characters doesn't make the movie less authentic. Thats a made up criteria.

My claim is they tried with The Wire, they didn't with that movie.
I'm saying if it ain't authentic you weren't actually trying.

Back
Top Bottom