Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

It's more to being a producer than making a beat. Dre is the best producer ever to me. Whether it's making the beat, mixing and mastering. Putting certain rappers on certain songs. Teaching rappers how to make records, telling them to say certain words a certain way for impact. He does all that.

A lot of classic albums got one thing in common, Dr Dre.

I can see that

but I think him and Kanye have this visionary forethought most producers don't have. It's also what Irv and Puff had in moments. So they have that combination.

but also it's a little different when you do limited projects also. Dre works, but we have only heard how many songs over the past 20 years?

Donald Glover is a genius

If he were a genius he would be composing scores, making R&B hits, pop hits, country hits.....

Why does that have to be the standard.....:lol:

And for the record....Zay has a Grammy for producing an Usher R&B record. But that isn’t the validation standard for why he’s a genius level producer.

Savant!

Pop and r&b hits have way more to do with the artist and songwriter than it does the beats. Pops hits have been created with drums and one sound.

Craziest thing about Zay’s production and sound it is 100% unique to him and his life experience. The organs and pianos are from him playing in the church (which he still does to this day). The “bounce and funky sounds” are from him growing up in the Bay Area. And the bass, drops and gutter **** are from him moving to ATL at 17. It’s a gumbo of many different sounds, genres and experiences that are unique to Zay.

I can see that

but I think him and Kanye have this visionary forethought most producers don't have. It's also what Irv and Puff had in moments. So they have that combination.

but also it's a little different when you do limited projects also. Dre works, but we have only heard how many songs over the past 20 years?
The past 20 years Dre has Chronic 2001, GRODT, Documentary and Em's first 2 albums under his belt.

Timbo is probably 2nd on my list, his versatility and longevity is crazy. His work with Aaliyah and Genuwine still sounds fresh 20 years later.

Why post that?

jaguars-fan-gif-5.gif

Last edited:
Kanye made hella fresh *** beats for Jay rocafella dipset and them. Can't forget commons be album that he did all the beats on. Can't forget all the classic beats he did on his albums either. Kanye put in hella work on the beatmaking tip

Kanye definitely didn’t tell people he had writers. No one knew until the writers came out and said it. Once it was out, Kanye fronted about it like it was no big deal and he was cool with it being public.

Kanye has gotten A LOT of passes.

And he’s definitely gotten credit for beats he’s had nothing to do with or very little to do with it but that’s common. Happens to most producers.

Another enemy, not even a friend of me
'cause you'll get fried in the end if you pretend to be
Can be 'cause I just put your mind on pause
And I can beat you when you compare my rhyme wit yours
I wake you up and as I stare in your face you seem stun
Remember me, the one you got your idea from
But soon you start to suffer but you only get rougher
When you start to stutter that's when you had enuff of
Biting it, I make you choke, you can't provoke
You can't cope, you should of broke 'cause I ain't no joke

or.......

Pop these *****s like a wheelie, *****, you a silly *****
In the hood with them billy *****s and them Hoover *****s
You run up and they shootin' *****s, we ain't hoopin', *****
No KB, you a loser, *****, up that uzi, *****
On the stoop, crills in my drawers, your girl on my phone
She wanna ****, but keep her clothes on, I only want the jaw
Man that's really all I use her for as I kick her out the door
I don't want her, you can keep the *****, she fiendin' for some more

Which would you prefer?

the first will make you do more double takes off the first listen but after you play that **** 5 times you gonna skip it until you forget about it and play it again for nostalgias sake. pardon me in advance if youre about to reveal thats some classic timeless hip hop record.that **** dead *** sounds like a hip hop a hippy hippy hop hop and ya dont stop

the tekashi record will serve ITS PURPOSE everytime of getting you hype.

No social media >>>>>>>> 10 years in prison.

we as a collective society gotta stop acting like judges are God and we should just be grateful for what happens.

the **** does social media have to do with his probation? people in those positions just be doing **** to control **** because they can for the first time in life.

that man gonna be in the house 2k MyPark world champion

He uses ghost producers like Dre. Hes basically an over-hyped engineer.

y’all in here rewriting history lol

cyhi already explained kanyes “writing” process...tl;dw he gets like 10 dudes in a room and brainstorms, replaces lines, etc. its not like he’s doing coke in another room while q tip and cyhi write his ****

even here he’s still writing with a pad and pen as recently as 2015

ye dont correct it because he probably barely give a **** about this rap **** as a whole and he probably on a whole nother level of goals than tryna be the best in barbershop rap convos...but people really took a collaborative thing where the final product is still very much ye’s vision and turned it into him being Puffy getting whole verses written for him lol

even as far as producing...he made otis by hand and even currently he’ll take like 10 different beats and samples and make one cohesive song that you dont even notice...thats a talent separate from being able to work FL studio

bruh probably walked in heard buddahs og beat and randomly added the sample...that is a talent and is also where puffy shined thats something u really cant teach outside of going hard digging for records and having alot of them in your head

what does someone get out of this

so many germs even from the best case scenario of her (him? thats at least a size 12 huarache my *****) getting right out of the shower and walking to the bed :smh:...why cant you just...**** her

That Roxanne Shante movie on Netflix was very well done. Authentic as hell. Loved the attention to detail.

The ***** they got to play young Nas actually looked him too.

Back
Top Bottom