Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Didn't Kanye and Rhymefest have a falling out years ago that was tied to Rhymefest saying he wrote Jesus Walks? I know their cool now but I though but I remember reading about that.

It's been known since at least 07 that Rhymefest wrote Jesus Walks. Kanye still had him write on Yeezus. They fell out when Kanye was making that Pablo album.

I don't think Kanye was necessarily cool with it, because it was still taboo. Rhymesfest leaked it because he didn't get proper credit at first. Same with Cons. I think if you were aware you started paying attention to Cons, Cyhi and GLC being around but not really putting out music. So they had to be doing something for Good Music.

I don't think people cared with Kanye, because he got that producer title. So he got that Dr Dre and Pete Rock curve. People didn't care if Puba wrote a song for Pete Rock. He wasn't really a rapper.

I think since then Kanye realized it doesn't really matter, so now he doesn't care. Cudi, Cyhi and Cons are credited now and he has his secluded camps.

but then again you have people like Fat Joe lying about writing. It's well known he got help from Pun and Armageddon. King Sun wrote on his first project. You don't go from sounding like Flow Joe to Twinz.

That's why it's still funny to me how people still say Jay-Z didn't realize Kanye's talent. Kanye's talent and progress came with help. So imagine how he was back then at the start.

Kanye has gotten a lot of passes.

I didn't like how he tried to play D Dot to the public. When he got co-producing credit. The was weak.

I like and respect Kanye and Dre, but I can't consider them the same as Pete Rock or Premier.

I thought it was known facts Kanye don't write a lot of his **** which is why he don't qualify for any top MC/rapper lists

I thought it was the same for Drake. Maybe he writes some of his singing though
a judge can ban you from using social media?
Yeah that's brand new to me. I was about to ask the same.

I'm sure there's an argument doing that can hurt his income.
That lil video of Fab still don't tell much. Just arguing.
He told her father he got a bullet with his name on it with a knife in his hand the whole time.

He's doing time.

Last edited:
He told her father he got a bullet with his name on it with a knife in his hand the whole time.

He's doing time.

Can't say that, because it depends on her

The prosecutor would have a tough case if she doesn't cooperate.

And even then domestic violence could lead to therapy or something if this is the first offense.

Beatmaker vs Producer

Nah....Zay is a producer for real. Kanye hides behind his critical acclaim, faux “artistry” and self proclaimed “genius”....while Zay is an actual Genius who can produce a record with his finger tips in minutes without over thinking it. Kanye is a good producer though. Don’t get me wrong.

Irv Gotti is a hell of a producer too. Diddy as well in a broader capacity.

It's more to being a producer than making a beat. Dre is the best producer ever to me. Whether it's making the beat, mixing and mastering. Putting certain rappers on certain songs. Teaching rappers how to make records, telling them to say certain words a certain way for impact. He does all that.

A lot of classic albums got one thing in common, Dr Dre.

Nah....Zay is a producer for real. Kanye hides behind his critical acclaim, faux “artistry” and self proclaimed “genius”....while Zay is an actual Genius who can produce a record with his finger tips in minutes without over thinking it. Kanye is a good producer though. Don’t get me wrong.

Irv Gotti is a hell of a producer too. Diddy as well in a broader capacity.

Donald Glover is a genius

If he were a genius he would be composing scores, making R&B hits, pop hits, country hits.....

Back
Top Bottom