Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Semi-related...

*****s been sweeping that Nas/Stic writing story under the rug or denying it for years.
You mean the one where dudes accused Nas having writers for the ****** album, specifically saying Dead Prez and then Stic himself came out and denied it?

You mean the one where dudes accused Nas having writers for the ****** album, specifically saying Dead Prez and then Stic himself came out and denied it?

He denied that he GHOSTWROTE the song....because he's listed in the writing credits so there was nothing "ghost" about it.

He denied that he GHOSTWROTE the song....because he's listed in the writing credits so there was nothing "ghost" about it.
He also specifically said he did not write any verses in his vid. I ain't say anything about ghostwriting.

He made it as clear as day they were all in the studio vibing off multiple beats. Throwing out a line or two, finishing a bar And may have started and writing hooks.

Nas naturally put them on the credits.

Gotta be stupid to think all of a sudden after so many albums Nas just up and said let me get somebody else to knowingly write some verses for him.

Last edited:
"At the end of the day, I just feel like the people who are saying different things about the process of how that record was created I’m wondering, where were you at?” he said. “To be totally honest, me and M1 went to Cali at the request of Nas. And we would be in the studio together working on stuff with nobody else there except Nas, who would come in and leave. I think people are making assumptions because of the content of the record. It’s gone from the collaboration that we did with Nas, which involved producing, idea exchanging and writing hooks, which is one thing, to us being ghostwriters.

He clarified what he considers as ghostwriting, stating that he never actually wrote words that Nas would later say on the record. stic.man went in depth about how the connection was made between dead prez and Esco, stating that they were brought out to L.A. to help develop ideas.

To me, ghostwriting, as far as I know, is hiring somebody to write words for you to actually say. That didn’t happen."

Stic.Man's words himself.

"A line or two"

Aight.
You talking like Nas is some chump MC and Dead Prez are the most lyrical group ever so of course they wrote entire songs for Nas :lol: :smh:

Clown ****.

But hey y'all talking like y'all were there in the studio.

Is M1 or Stic.Man NTers now :nerd:

Stic.Man's words himself.

You talking like Nas is some chump MC and Dead Prez are the most lyrical group ever so of course they wrote entire songs for Nas :lol: :smh:

Clown ****.

But hey y'all talking like y'all were there in the studio.

Is M1 or Stic.Man NTers now :nerd:
I was thinking "didn't Stic already speak on this?". :lol:

Nothing there.

Again....how are you using this to apply to what I said when you came with the "one or two lines" ****?

Just say we don't know and leave it at that. Don't pull a quote and accuse me of not knowing what happened...when you just came up with a scenario yourself.

And just like with Drake ****...IDK why ****** go and pull a quote with the guy who's alleged to have written for the rapper...as if them ****** are going to say "yeah I did it"

did anyone watch this show? i think it was a reality show about baby, dame and jd and someone else.

lmaoo someone find this clip this is so disrespectful

snoop did though

but i know nas wouldn't
but just had to point out snoop
I mean to keep it all the way real Snoop was never some top 5 dead or alive lyricist.

When he came out he had some dope rhymes but due to Dr. Dre they crafted a great image, style, and polished him in to being the icon he is.

I mean who was writing for him anyway D.O.C.? Thats the only one that would make sense to me.

Dr. Dre said it when he first met Snoop that he was raw as **** with his style but saw the potential.

Again....how are you using this to apply to what I said when you came with the "one or two lines" ****?

Just say we don't know and leave it at that. Don't pull a quote and accuse me of not knowing what happened...when you just came up with a scenario yourself.

And just like with Drake ****...IDK why *****s go and pull a quote with the guy who's alleged to have written for the rapper...as if them *****s are going to say "yeah I did it"
I didnt make up any scenario :lol:

I paraphrased Stic. I just posted the quote, I didn't bother to search for the video.

Does the own man's words not suffice?

Homey said it himself but I'm suppose to take ppl speculating with even a grain of truth to it?

Royce, Los, Loon, etc. all admit to writing for Puff. We just finished talking about Rhymefest and Cons saying they wrote for Ye.

But your eh nobody is gonna tell the truth anyway angle is not flying.

You should watch the Word is Bond documentary.

the first will make you do more double takes off the first listen but after you play that **** 5 times you gonna skip it until you forget about it and play it again for nostalgias sake. pardon me in advance if youre about to reveal thats some classic timeless hip hop record.that **** dead *** sounds like a hip hop a hippy hippy hop hop and ya dont stop

the tekashi record will serve ITS PURPOSE everytime of getting you hype.

Man just compared Rakim to Sugarhill Gang. Literally polar opposites :lol:

Anyway, my original point was lyricism and writing your own bars should always mean something in hip hop even if it isn’t the career death sentence it used to be if you were caught with a ghostwriter. There’s space for dudes that just wanna perform and play the part. I enjoy their music too, but you’re in a different lane at that point.

Man just compared Rakim to Sugarhill Gang. Literally polar opposites :lol:

Anyway, my original point was lyricism and writing your own bars should always mean something in hip hop even if it isn’t the career death sentence it used to be if you were caught with a ghostwriter. There’s space for dudes that just wanna perform and play the part. I enjoy their music too, but you’re in a different lane at that point.

i definitely miss lyricism on the mainstream level but ****** not tryna hear about how “sick your bars are”

C got transferred to the same prison Mac is at a few days ago. Damn shame Mac been in jail for almost 20 years for a crime he didn’t do. There’s proof, evidence, witnesses and the actual killer’s confession.

That Roxanne Shante movie on Netflix was very well done. Authentic as hell. Loved the attention to detail.

The ***** they got to play young Nas actually looked him too.
I didn’t really like it. Felt like a “kneegas ain’t ish” Lifetime movie. Wish they would have focused more on the music.

C got transferred to the same prison Mac is at a few days ago. Damn shame Mac been in jail for almost 20 years for a crime he didn’t do. There’s proof, evidence, witnesses and the actual killer’s confession.

tldr on how he got caught up in that

dead *** my worst fear to be kicking it in a car or house i know i have no business in and get caught up in foolish ness

Back
Top Bottom