Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

That Roxanne Shante movie on Netflix was very well done. Authentic as hell. Loved the attention to detail.

The ***** they got to play young Nas actually looked him too.

Are you serious?

The queen of queensbridge who never lost a battle battling dudes in the projects?

Yet, Big Daddy Kane was writing some of her early stuff? He wasn't even in the movie. I guess they showed Marley and Biz, but they couldn't have showed Shan, Kane or G Rap?

It was a typical fluffed up movie. I'm wondering how much of the other stuff is true.

tldr on how he got caught up in that

dead *** my worst fear to be kicking it in a car or house i know i have no business in and get caught up in foolish ness

Basically he was in a real racist part of Louisiana, did a club appearance at a grimey club. There was a shooting, he got away and cops said was him because he was a “gangster”. There were witnesses saying it wasn’t him and a confession from the shooter. I’ve seen a few specials on TV on this case, it’s wild.

C Murder **** I don’t know as much as about. People have said there’s witnesses and video of him doing and of someone else doing it. All I know is Louisiana has one of the most corrupt systems in the US.

Are you serious?

The queen of queensbridge who never lost a battle battling dudes in the projects?

Yet, Big Daddy Kane was writing some of her early stuff? He wasn't even in the movie. I guess they showed Marley and Biz, but they couldn't have showed Shan, Kane or G Rap?

It was a typical fluffed up movie. I'm wondering how much of the other stuff is true.

When I say Authentic....I’m Moreso talking about the vibe and look of the movie. One of my biggest gripes with when people make black movies set in different times....they often don’t pay attention to detail with clothes, slang, feel, aura etc. This felt like QB in the early 80s. Nia Long also acted her *** off.

Basically he was in a real racist part of Louisiana, did a club appearance at a grimey club. There was a shooting, he got away and cops said was him because he was a “gangster”. There were witnesses saying it wasn’t him and a confession from the shooter. I’ve seen a few specials on TV on this case, it’s wild.

C Murder **** I don’t know as much as about. People have said there’s witnesses and video of him doing and of someone else doing it. All I know is Louisiana has one of the most corrupt systems in the US.
I swear sometimes i think u a NO dude :lol:

When I say Authentic....I’m Moreso talking about the vibe and look of the movie. One of my biggest gripes with when people make black movies set in different times....they often don’t pay attention to detail with clothes, slang, feel, aura etc. This felt like QB in the early 80s. Nia Long also acted her *** off.

As someone who was young during that period I didn't get that vibe at all.

It felt very vanilla in scenery(New York), clothes and slang. It didn't make me long for the 80's again at all. It was a movie that almost could have been taken and put in the 90's or 2000's in any part of America.

The Get Down tried to show a part of 70's New York. This wasn't 80's Queens Bridge at all. Queens Bridge had no identity at all.

Like how The Wire made you feel Baltimore and the city was it's own separate character. This wasn't that.

Like how The Wire made you feel Baltimore and the city was it's own separate character. This wasn't that.

This is actually the part that the wire got wrong to many inner city Baltimore residents :lol:. They didn’t fully capture the real city and some cultural nuances unique to us in certain aspects.

But I hear you man. You would know better than me on this :lol:.

I swear sometimes i think u a NO dude :lol:

Hahahahaha, nah, never even been. I just know my music. I ****** with No Limit, Cash Money and Three 6 Mafia hard as a kid. NY rap will always be my favorite but I gotta lot of love for those three labels.

The Roxanne movie was dope to me but I felt like they didn’t go deep. I felt like they focused a little too much on her love life and her taking care of her family. They could have done more but it was like a 80 minute movie.

Hahahahaha, nah, never even been. I just know my music. I ****ed with No Limit, Cash Money and Three 6 Mafia hard as a kid. NY rap will always be my favorite but I gotta lot of love for those three labels.
i memba dem days slanging bootleg cds 2 wks before they dropped on da street :lol:

I’ve been suckin dents in foreheads? He talked about that on the breakfast club. Why does the old man have beef with Tank?

C got transferred to the same prison Mac is at a few days ago. Damn shame Mac been in jail for almost 20 years for a crime he didn’t do. There’s proof, evidence, witnesses and the actual killer’s confession.

damn both of em was like **** being brolic

I’ve been suckin dents in foreheads? He talked about that on the breakfast club. Why does the old man have beef with Tank?

he’s a cussing pastor and i guess they covered him on tanks bet talk show man cave.

that pastor is one of he greatest undiscovered cultural gems on the internet right now.

we need the Atlanta FX black church/religion episode based around this dude.

just putting it in the universe that Dolph, Glock or Gotti put him in a songs Intro.

dog how is this ***** just now getting into the spotlight....and hes still a regional phenomenon at best smh.

dude was probably wilding 10x harder 20-40 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom