Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Innocent until proven guilty but Fab making it easy for them folks. :smh:
I hope the kids didn't see that.

damn, Fab like one of the last cool ****** left

it’s always two sides to **** though, this what I was saying the other day, ain’t no one gonna demonize his girl if she did do something also

It's a 9 page thread on Fab in general with very little information. Guess dudes in there just debating nothing.

It used to be that if you didn’t write your ****, you lost respect as an artist.

Now that line is being blurred for the sake of “hey if it sounds good, who cares?”

Can I enjoy a rapper who doesn’t write their own lyrics or relies heavily on writers? Sure. But they do not deserve to be mentioned when we talk all time greats or comparing artists. Hip hop was built upon the premise of competition and being the best at your craft. Dudes would dedicate entire tracks, hell half their album to bragging about their skills and how much better than were than the rest. That’s what separated the genre from every other genre of music.

If you don’t write MOST of your own stuff, you’re not a rapper. You’re a performer and you need to be placed into another category.
This whole thing became blurry when Drake got exposed. Eazy E, Dre, Kanye, Diddy was open about having writers. It wasn't a big thing cuz they were honest about it, it was nothing to expose. Dre would do interviews and let Doc talk about writing for him.

I feel like producers will get a pass for ghostwriters.

Not sure if anyone wrote for Pete Rock or Large Professor. RZA started as a rapper.

As for the Fab thing, **** still has to play out. What I will say is security/SF being there explains some things (pops and bro being restrained) but raises other questions (why they didn’t get Fab the **** outta there before it went too far).

People still debating whether drake writes or not (on both sides) :lol:

Who's debating if drake writes? I don't see that debate going on anywhere in here?

That ghostwriter thing was cleared up on multiple accounts, even the main accuser Meek gave it up with ‘Back to Back’

the fact it’s still a debate years later is wildin :smh:

This ***** Fab buggin

801CDC30-BDCA-445B-90D7-FBB93489A9DC.gif

Back
Top Bottom