Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Cardi kinda getting killed online for this. Didn’t expect it to be this bad for her. That video is brutal and the fact she got like 17 writers on this song and the same guy has a writing credit for Bodak Yellow. I think a lot of people won’t care but it still hurts her.

Besides Cardi and the dude who wrote her track, those other names are people involved in the prior sampling of it. Lauryn hill, Wu tang, and the original track.

Last edited:
DisguisedSpiritedAmphibian-size_restricted.gif

Killer Mike said he dropping that song from The Rapture later.

I need that Dave and NaS song. I download all of Dave’s **** and never heard that before.
Oh he finished eating them butter biscuits
And tap dancing for the nra
And had enough time to make music

Seemed pretty straightforward and simple to me.

He turned himself in for a reason.
Now I’m not defending nobody
But u know when there’s a warrant
U have to turn urself in
And there’s folks who are legitimately innocent
Who have been served warrants
Or needed to turn themselves in

Why do people care about who wrote what
If u like the music it’s ok to like it
If not then it’s ok not too
This ghostwriting stuff is getting annoying
I don’t care
I honestly don’t
Most folks are too damn old
To even be arguing about this
Leave it to the kids to argue about

I understand 17 people didn’t sit and write the song for her but that screen shot of everyone that got credit for the song is being posted everywhere with the video of the guy rapping the song. It’s real interesting, I know Atlantic gotta be mad as ****. I think she still does well but I think it’ll have a small impact on her sales and longevity.

Why do people care about who wrote what
If u like the music it’s ok to like it
If not then it’s ok not too
This ghostwriting stuff is getting annoying
I don’t care
I honestly don’t
Most folks are too damn old
To even be arguing about this
Leave it to the kids to argue about

FOH

it's already been said that she's going gold as soon as the **** comes out. She'll be fine .

U know
Like......
I’m just sitting here
And really thinking
Dude name is Fabolous
And we’ve kinda let it Rock
Like really
His name is Fabolous
Just say it out loud
Matter of fact
Say ”I’m Fabolous” out loud 3 times
That **** is hilarious
We shoulda been got him out the paint :lol:

I think people did get on him about his name but his work made people look over it

I understand 17 people didn’t sit and write the song for her but that screen shot of everyone that got credit for the song is being posted everywhere with the video of the guy rapping the song. It’s real interesting, I know Atlantic gotta be mad as ****. I think she still does well but I think it’ll have a small impact on her sales and longevity.

FOH
See where I’m coming from for a minute
A GREAT song
Gives u a feeling
Some even transport u back to a time
In ur life
Even if the rapper is old and washed
And not hot
Say for instance country grammar
Song still slaps to me
Nelly ain’t even close to being hot
But does that stop it from being a great song
That would possibly remind u of a time
Maybe in high school
Or just it being great song to u.
If it turned out Murphy lee
Wrote country grammar
Wouldn’t take away anything u loved about the song
And it would still slap
That’s all I’m sayin

See where I’m coming from for a minute
A GREAT song
Gives u a feeling
Some even transport u back to a time
In ur life
Even if the rapper is old and washed
And not hot
Say for instance country grammar
Song still slaps to me
Nelly ain’t even close to being hot
But does that stop it from being a great song
That would possibly remind u of a time
Maybe in high school
Or just it being great song to u.
If it turned out Murphy lee
Wrote country grammar
Wouldn’t take away anything u loved about the song
And it would still slap
That’s all I’m sayin

Nah, rappers gotta write their own ****. Been the rules from day one. That **** will never change in my book. Don’t want to hear about R&B or Pop having writers, that’s fine. They’re there to sing and dance. Rappers are there for one thing, to rap. You can’t do that on your own, you a fraud.

I don’t care if a rapper has someone write a hook but the reference tracks and repeating bars word for word is wild. That **** will never be cool with me.

Nah, rappers gotta write their own ****. Been the rules from day one. That **** will never change in my book. Don’t want to hear about R&B or Pop having writers, that’s fine. They’re there to sing and dance. Rappers are there for one thing, to rap. You can’t do that on your own, you a fraud.

I don’t care if a rapper has someone write a hook but the reference tracks and repeating bars word for word is wild. That **** will never be cool with me.

How is getting someone to write a hook cool but everything else not?

are cardi b and nelly not pop acts

someone can make rap music and be a pop act

drake
kanye
cardi
nelly

all of the above have intangible talents such as delivery and charisma that make the records work better than if murphy lee, quentin miller, cyhi and fartison parkinsons put them out

Back
Top Bottom