Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

A Boogie is trash.

Only Boogie I respect is from Kali!

You geekin. Shorty be saying some ****. Feel like if he rapped with a deeper voice or came off “tougher”....more people would **** with him.

To me.....A Boogie is one of the brighter artists in the game. Versatility off the charts.

F Donald Trump wasn't a good song

He's not a good enough lyricist. I just hope it was from the heart and not a way to seek attention.

He's not at all and while he was always pushing gang **** in his records, he broke into the game as essentially a party rapper that made slaps. I mean he was from the "Jerkin" era.

I felt like for optimal "chart" success, the party records were where it was at. Him and Mustard were dynamo and made some really hard slaps together, but once they broke up, he essentially went from party rapper who made slaps, to prototypical west coast gangsta rapper and that's fine, there's always a lane in rap for west coast gangster rap, but gang rap isn't hot on billboard in 2018. This isn't 1996 and he isn't good enough of a lyricist to make gangsta rap that charts.

But I mean, like I said there's always a lane for west coast gangsta rap, ****** love that ****. Nothing wrong with being a career act, but I personally wish he would have kept making party hits.

You geekin. Shorty be saying some ****. Feel like if he rapped with a deeper voice or came off “tougher”....more people would **** with him.

To me.....A Boogie is one of the brighter artists in the game. Versatility off the charts.

His melodies are hard as hell

He's not at all and while he was always pushing gang **** in his records, he broke into the game as essentially a party rapper that made slaps. I mean he was from the "Jerkin" era.

I felt like for optimal "chart" success, the party records were where it was at. Him and Mustard were dynamo and made some really hard slaps together, but once they broke up, he essentially went from party rapper who made slaps, to prototypical west coast gangsta rapper and that's fine, there's always a lane in rap for west coast gangster rap, but gang rap isn't hot on billboard in 2018. This isn't 1996 and he isn't good enough of a lyricist to make gangsta rap that charts.

But I mean, like I said there's always a lane for west coast gangsta rap, *****s love that ****. Nothing wrong with being a career act, but I personally wish he would have kept making party hits.

My Krazy Life still remains one of the better albums to drop though.

Wsup with mustard? Dude seemed to turn to a real dickhead once he started losing weight and influence. I always see him in some f’ery on social media trying to clown somebody :lol:.

Chainz, YG and Offset might have one though. And I wouldn’t count YG out. He knows how to make hits....and is in with the right artist and producers. Never forget he’s plugged in with ATL rappers and producers....as well as West Coast ****. He could flip the switch when he wants imo. Dude knows what he’s doing.

My Krazy Life still remains one of the better albums to drop though.

Wsup with mustard? Dude seemed to turn to a real dickhead once he started losing weight and influence. I always see him in some f’ery on social media trying to clown somebody :lol:.

Chainz, YG and Offset might have one though. And I wouldn’t count YG out. He knows how to make hits....and is in with the right artist and producers. Never forget he’s plugged in with ATL rappers and producers....as well as West Coast ****. He could flip the switch when he wants imo. Dude knows what he’s doing.

Meh, I liked the high points of My Krazy Life but that was a Mustard x YG album. They fell out and YG really hasn't found his footing. He keeps throwing out records trying to get hot and none of them are catching. Idk, I just feel like the gangsta west coast rapper image is a tired one, and it's a real hard one to sell especially if you're like YG who isn't really a good rapper.

I'm more so speaking on his potential chart success. Like...he had a Drake record and it didn't move at all. The gangsta rap records and image he selling isn't going to correlate to Billboard. He needs some hits. It's why "Stay Dangerous" from him still ain't out yet because the label don't want to put it out without a hot single.

That being said, I do think he knows how to make hits like you said and he has mustard in his corner again, so we'll see what happens and he's definitely plugged (more so because everyone ****s with the whole "He a real blood" ****)

2 mil views in 24hrs

Song shoulda and coulda been better though. Visuals and concept are good.

Could be "The one" for chainz, and YG. I've heard this everywhere since the video dropped. Literally right out of my house a few minutes ago :lol: seen chainz perform this w/ Wayne AS weekend pushing this.

Triple cross are super slimey sessions with Scooter on them. That’s why it feels like that. Jugg King was a better project. Scooter ain’t push it right at all.

Believe it or not SS was actually a lot of old **** done in 2016. I think that **** was supposed to have been dropped before whatever lil situation they had :lol:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they did another collab

Believe it or not SS was actually a lot of old **** done in 2016. I think that **** was supposed to have been dropped before whatever lil situation they had :lol:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they did another collab

You plugged in? Where’d you get the scoop on that :nerd:

I need NYC to stop supporting the Cardi B’s, Desiigners and 6ix9ine’s of the world.....and start pushing A Boogie into the forefront. He’s the one. Don Q new tape straight too. Make The East Coast Great Again.

I will say....the more I listen to tekashi actually speak....the more sense he makes. He’s faaaar from a dummy. He’s fully aware, confident and an expert troll and marketer. Part of me “gets him”. Most of me disagrees with what he’s doing.

Most plants are fully aware of what they’re doing. They’re often extremely manufactured with every thing they’re involved in carefully planned out.

YG has two great albums under his belt.
Son knows how to make a song.

Right, he's a career act not a singles act. Nothing wrong with that. He's went from a rachet guy making sonic hits to a career act.

In one way he gave his career some serious longevity because idk how long his career would last trying to recreate "Who Do You Love" and "Left Right" over and over again and even those weren't billboard smashes.

As wavycrocket wavycrocket alluded to, his transition to being a career act instead of a singles act gave him some longevity. But he still needs a balance, and needs those club and radio records, which is why it's good him and mustard are back together.

he's definitely plugged (more so because everyone ****s with the whole "He a real blood" ****)

Big Facts :lol:. This is also another reason why Ralo gets the love he does and has a Drake Feature, And every major Atl rapper on his new tape. Because he’s truly an actual dope dealer/street ***** :lol:. Or why Drake shows luv to Big Bank Black (DTE)....and he’s in the new SuperFly Movie. Or Casanova 2X at Roc Nation brunches :lol:. Rappers admire the guys they say they are in their raps. And this is always an “in”...if you really bout it. Pusha T been low key trying to work something with YGG Tay from my city. Aside from making good music....shorty is really plugged in. Like the **** y’all see on the wire....that’s his peoples. True stories on rap beats. Actually listening to the lyrics, knowing the street **** behind it...and seeing it making the news...whew.

Ralo only getting big features because he shelling out big money :lol::lol:

Dudes probably charging Ralo $100,000 for a feature. I know I would

Back
Top Bottom