Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Whoa, I **** with FDT heavy.

YG last album didn't do as well but the little boy can't criticize anyone for how they get their sales or streams when his whole career is based off trolling and trying to get people to hate him.

And I wouldn't call FDT a gimmick. He had that, Police Get Away With Murder and Blacks and Browns on the album.

I thought "Why You Always Hatin" would have been bigger. I guess Aubrey's fanbase wasn't ****in with it.

Last edited:
Whoa, I **** with FDT heavy.

YG last album didn't do as well but the little boy can't criticize anyone for how they get their sales or streams when his whole career is based off trolling and trying to get people to hate him.

And I wouldn't call FDT a gimmick. He had that, Police Get Away With Murder and Blacks and Browns on the album.

I liked “word is bond” too, but that FDT Just was garbo to me

:lol: they tearing diddy up in all his comments like we don’t already know puffy blood sacrifices and him and Ma$e playing with the dildo in the Brownstone ((c) Camron, 2017) didnt make that man go look for Christ to begin with

:lol: Dawg ppl be so miserable and just looking for **** to be upset about, why tf does it matter to anybody why this man didn’t attend that funeral? ****** talking bout “boycott ciroc” lol

69 better shut up about the charts and sells etc. *****s ain’t learn from 50, live by it die by it. 1 day u top 100 next week I dropping new joints screaming and no one listens.

50 took such an L with that My Life song. Outside of Timmy Turner, that was one of the most unheard heard songs ever. Millions of views yet no one actually talks about it

It's funny, only on the internet is where I see Starboy get killed. They could have cut 4-5 songs tho but the good ones are serious. I like it more than all of his major label albums.

Sounds like you didn’t know about Weeknd until Trilogy :lol:

Not being able to get into Trippple Cross :rolleyes:
You can't name a better tape in 2018.

Glock Bond, Drip Season 3, and of course.... Heartbreak Kodak :pimp:

I need NYC to stop supporting the Cardi B’s, Desiigners and 6ix9ine’s of the world.....and start pushing A Boogie into the forefront. He’s the one. Don Q new tape straight too. Make The East Coast Great Again.

I will say....the more I listen to tekashi actually speak....the more sense he makes. He’s faaaar from a dummy. He’s fully aware, confident and an expert troll and marketer. Part of me “gets him”. Most of me disagrees with what he’s doing.

A boogie will never be in the forefront. He doesn't flood the market and he hasn't made that big of a album or mixtape yet. His projects have hits but overall they're just cool .

Lucci, Gunna & Glock done dropped the best projects so far.

Anyways....this just dropped. For the trenches. Rap Rookie Of The Year with another real ***** verse. Durk remains underrated. He gon pull thru.

I need NYC to stop supporting the Cardi B’s, Desiigners and 6ix9ine’s of the world.....and start pushing A Boogie into the forefront. He’s the one. Don Q new tape straight too. Make The East Coast Great Again.

I will say....the more I listen to tekashi actually speak....the more sense he makes. He’s faaaar from a dummy. He’s fully aware, confident and an expert troll and marketer. Part of me “gets him”. Most of me disagrees with what he’s doing.

NYC supports the south today, so blame the south for all these wack rappers.

I found out about The Weeks when House of Balloons dropped so that’s sort of Trilogy. I missed the joke.

Just gave Don Q’s tape a listen. It has some solid cuts on there but it’s not, imo, to catapult son to the forefront of NYC’s scene.

I recently gave in and listened to Gunna. I’m going with DS3 over Tripple Cross. Too many of the bangers on Scooter’s joint are carried by either Future or Thug. At times it feels like a collab tape from the three of them. Needed more tracks like “Drug Deals” imo. Adding “Jugg King” as a bonus track was a weak move. Gunna did his own thing for the most part on his tape.

Just gave Don Q’s tape a listen. It has some solid cuts on there but it’s not, imo, to catapult son to the forefront of NYC’s scene.

I recently gave in and listened to Gunna. I’m going with DS3 over Tripple Cross. Too many of the bangers on Scooter’s joint are carried by either Future or Thug. At times it feels like a collab tape from the three of them. Needed more tracks like “Drug Deals” imo. Adding “Jugg King” as a bonus track was a weak move. Gunna did his own thing for the most part on his tape.

Triple cross are super slimey sessions with Scooter on them. That’s why it feels like that. Jugg King was a better project. Scooter ain’t push it right at all.

Lucci, Gunna & Glock done dropped the best projects so far.

Anyways....this just dropped. For the trenches. Rap Rookie Of The Year with another real ***** verse. Durk remains underrated. He gon pull thru.

Durk my guy but he’s to autotune, what pookie was to crack rocks.

He need to lay off the autotune.

And people should be ELATED that Kodak brought Street rappers back. Tired of cornnuts like Drake, Yachty, Kyle, Playboi Carti, etc.

I don’t listen to radio but, they don’t play ANY street music. It’s straight party, club, festival type music.

Everyone’s reality isn’t club scene or party lifestyle. Street music is needed

NY plays all of that trash *** commercial southern rap.

Don’t recall NY ever championing Desiigner. It was more trolling about him being from NY from non NYers

This.

Back
Top Bottom