Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

There's a difference between getting white fans and catering to your white fans/pandering for white fans.

Like DMX is a great example, we know who he makes his music for but you'd be dumbstruck by that vid with a sea of white ppl reciting What's My Name or Get At Me Dog.

Great example.

Jeezy is a guy too that had a good amount of mainstream success...and stayed true. Even tho I prefer Gucci to Jeezy....I’ve always admired how Jeezy never tried to chase the charts or just do features with whoever. He made the mainstream **** with his street music. And I appreciate that.

There's a difference between getting white fans and catering to your white fans/pandering for white fans.

Like DMX is a great example, we know who he makes his music for but you'd be dumbstruck by that vid with a sea of white ppl reciting What's My Name or Get At Me Dog.

Yeah look at Public Enemy, they're music is as pro black and militant as it gets and white folks love them to this day. They tour and sell out shows all over the word.

Him in the pool with a hat and t-shirt :lol:

I could understand if he had the Lebron James hair.

I must admit, this bromance between Ak and 69 is kinda entertaining. but at the same time, Ak needs to fall back on getting too close with some of these dudes. like how Joe was telling him to dead his relationship w/ XXX, cuz he doesnt want Ak to get caught up in all the drama and BS that X draws. same thing applies now with 69.

In his lane he should be a neutral party and not be a fan.

Suburban teens :smh::smh:

I'm interested to know how many of the tekashi fans and capers are actually black. Kinda wild how tekashi is "authentic" and black men or rappers who diss him are "clout chasers" or clowns or washed up or they try to degrade that person for his view points on tekashi.

The internet is the Twilight Zone man :lol:

Man....IDC what anyone says. “Look alive” goes in. I was in The spot getting it last night when that came on. That lor ***** Drake was floating. And Blockboy part just go stupid when you turnt. In that bish like this when his part came on

601698FA-237D-4001-8DC2-067FAFAF56CE.gif

young dolph slowly birthing a whole subgenre of memphis *****s yelling simple **** over hard beats

Fasho! And I like it. I was riding with my mans to dc last night and we was spinning tracks blowing some glue and spinning a couple tracks during the 45 min trip. Russian Cream and Key Glock was hitting too.

Memphis been consistent as hell over the last 20 years in hip hop on the low. Rich hip hop history. Ain’t mad at it at all. Went from 8 Ball & MGJ to 3-6 to Gotti to Dolph to Glock, Youngsta, Blockboy, Moneybagg etc.

**** be going in.

People can go on about Kanye's personal life for days, but nobody is gonna be able to seriously say he "Sold Out" musically. That term means that someone shaped their music to strictly be for mainstream consumption & the hottest Trend.

90% of the time Kanye is pushing unpoular sounds or experimenting on his albums. I don't think anyone is gonna sit here & say he's lost his creative integrity.

BlocBoy sound like young Juicy J and Dolph. Been telling people Memphis bout to have a run.

I cringe and laugh listening to Drake on them type of records, son be sounded forced.

Back
Top Bottom