Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Two things about this

1) I hate that this it could only be one mentality penetrates black people so much. Dude who tweeted this had to make it a "lapping" As if Virgil & Ye ain't on the same team.
2) I remember when Ye was doing all that Press Run about the discrimination he faced & gave him hell for it, calling him an entitled baby etc etc. Look at "Luxury" clothing & think about how much has changed & how many people he specifically is attached to & how they've Stamped the culture.

From the Brands, To the Models, To what's dictating which way the direction goes........ Those "Rants" helped usher in A LOT of this.

Tbh , the only goofy looking ***** is the cheetah girl with the green jacket

in retrospect, for as hard as that pic got roasted and the probably millions of times its been used as an example of whats wrong with the direction of the culture this past decade...taz’s cheetah print leggings is the only thing that makes that pic disrespectfully zesty

rockie fresh was dissing ross and tyler to wale. i think he actually really went in on wale.
I knew his *** when I was a kid. He not real. On everything I'll punch a hole thru his chest

Hate when my generation does this. Zo’s Top 5 is perfectly fine and makes TONS of sense. West Coast kid born in 1998 should have Pac, X, Wayne and Future and 50 in his personal top 5. Nothing wrong with that at all

You better have KRS or Grandmaster Caz in your top 5 using that mero gif. Cuz anybody that came up before you will have a diff top 5.

I'm probably closer to Lonzo's age than yours tbh, but I can't disagree with someone's opinion or think it's trash? He can have his top 5 favorites, but no one there besides pac is sniffing a top 5 GOAT ranking in my eyes. Thus, I slapped on the mero gif.

Remember clowning this pic 10 years ago....

16AFD04F-02AC-467F-AA0A-E6B856DDCF84.jpeg

Look at how many “influencers” are in this pic. Crazy how Virgil and Don C were the least known at the time this was taking. Hence them flanking the pic.
WIld to think.

kanye-west-south-park-entourage-500x335.jpg

Did Kanye's 'How Sway' rant help lead to this shift in fashion?:nerd:

Always thought that orange hat/bag combo was fire, though.

Hate when my generation does this. Zo’s Top 5 is perfectly fine and makes TONS of sense. West Coast kid born in 1998 should have Pac, X, Wayne and Future and 50 in his personal top 5. Nothing wrong with that at all

You better have KRS or Grandmaster Caz in your top 5 using that mero gif. Cuz anybody that came up before you will have a diff top 5.

True. I wouldn’t expect a 20 year old’s list in 2018 to vary much from that.

I can understand Mike talking about sitting down with ppl who don't usually agree with to get that opposing view but you have to be in a controlled neutral setting for **** like that.

If not you gonna get played. How he don't got ppl around him to tell him they'd switch that entire situation up.

I mean yeah, if we talking about using slurs or political or societal view but dudes opinions always have some truth in them. Especially when its opinions about rappers and their music (if it ain't just some straight up hating ****).

Some of these 4 or 5 year gaps don't leave room for much evolution.

Ain't like somebody pulled up their myspace profiles and tried to "expose them" :lol:
Yea some of these dudes aint "evolve" now that they like or praise certain artists they had tweets about...they still feel the same way just now they might have to work with and be in the same places with the people they were talking bout...they aint slick :lol

Willing to bet most of these rappers in the mainstream or heavily in the publicly eye dont genuinely like one another. Its all for appearances, the minute someone falls off or out of public favor they'll become the butt of the new joke and people who you thought were friends will ignore said person or use their new non-relevance to their advantage. This also applies to the other forms of entertainment.

Surprised Virgil got that LV gig after Raf Simons publicly **** on him and the unoriginality of Off-White :lol:. They prolly gonna open up all the archives etc for him

His philosophy on Off-White is interesting tho. He looks at fashion more as an art form and a way to communicate ideas. He said the point of Off-White isn’t even necessarily to buy the clothes and that him nor his friends even really wear the stuff he makes :lol:

Back
Top Bottom