Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

You don’t listen to Larry June huh?

I'm not mad at dude getting his money but man I never got how people didn't instantly write dude off as a watered down version of when Dom was good. I really tried to give dude a chance but dude is like everything a ***** don't like about 2015-now Dom with worse beats lol. Maybe I just ain't heard the right project.

Some people like to say J. Cole's music is audio Nyquil (which is absurd to me) but that's how I felt about Larry June the few times I tried to listen to him.

I rock with some of June's stuff but he's another high volume cat. He drops a lot of music & when it hits it hits, but i can't say there's one full project i heard from him that i'll keep on repeat.

I only listen to June if it’s featuring others. I can stomach him on hooks.

But his solo songs? Nah, I’m good. Beats fire though

My Brother's BM was tryna say men are bogus for not supporting women rap to the fullest. I asked her if a dude she was messing with bust out in the middle of the club rapping WAP word for word and yelled out the Cardi line about a mf touching the dangling thing in they throat, would she think that was ok....because its just rap right?

She instantly hit the Juelz and couldnt respond.
3kkpKFo.gif

You owe your brother 5 minutes for inadvertently suggesting that it would be okay for him to be yelling out the dangly thing verse from wap. :lol:

It be your own brothers. :smh: :lol:

On a semi related note, when was the last time Ya'll listened to all about the Benjamins on a streaming service??

listened recently & Sheeks line

"you should do what we do, stack chips like hebrews" is literally edited out the song :lol:. Think about the content on Money, Power, Respect all of that is allowed to fly no problem but god forbid we let hateful thoughts like Jewish people accumulate money well be heard

1657224388921.jpeg

1657224450896.png

:lol: @ Bron face here

722d650a57863badc3452bba12cd2a139cd32afe-380x255.jpg

You owe your brother 5 minutes for inadvertently suggesting that it would be okay for him to be yelling out the dangly thing verse from wap. :lol:

It be your own brothers. :smh: :lol:

Nowadays they'll say your not being inclusive enough & are problematic for not wanting to scream those lyrics in the club in your "hoochie shorts".

I need black people to create another culture, this **** got hijacked & is on a high speed voyage to the dirt :lol:

Facts. And that was my main argument with my chick and my brothers BM.

Kim, Foxy n them..they were definitely raunchy, but they had skillset to offset that. Mfs like Rubi Rose offer nothing outside of sex appeal in regards to their artistry. The female rappers nowadays, they lean way too far into the sexual/stripper persona more so than they do being an actual rapper.

My Brother's BM was tryna say men are bogus for not supporting women rap to the fullest. I asked her if a dude she was messing with bust out in the middle of the club rapping WAP word for word and yelled out the Cardi line about a mf touching the dangling thing in they throat, would she think that was ok....because its just rap right?

She instantly hit the Juelz and couldnt respond.
3kkpKFo.gif

Their main standpoint is that with men rappers, as blatantly disrespectful as they can get, women still support it to the fullest. While men, dont do the same for women. In a man's rap u can have them talkin about bustin on a chick face, screwin they sisters/friends, pimpin a chick, and women are rockin out to it no problem. That same energy aint applied by men when it comes to women and their sexually suggestive lyrics. Men wont touch it. And I agree, most men wont rock with that. The bigger issue, that I was tryna explain to them is when that sexual suggestive stuff is all you got to give in your raps, or the main highlight its gonna be hard to get that support from men. Youre half naked in the video, youre twerkin on IG, you basically already gave the men what they want up front lol. But they wasnt tryna hear it lol. In my opinion You gotta be able to do a good balance like Kim/Foxy n them was doing back in the day if you want the guys to get in your corner.

Women do love them some gangsta rap. It's weird seeing some of these pretty chicks reciting lyrics, talking bout spinning the block on his opps, wipe a _ nose. 😂

Meg need to chill out. Girls always want things both ways. They know damn well they wouldn't respect or be attracted to a man reciting some of this sassy/city girls/hot girls BS.

Of all the things said on the page this is what you decide to harp on? :lol:

what is it about me making jokes about the blavity blacks that seems to irk you so much

I didn’t harp on it. But You need to get off Twitter.

What black women you know in real life are going to scold you or shun you in the club for not rapping Meg the stallion lyrics :lol:.

Focusing on the wrong things. Cmon man lmao

This was one of my joints from a few years back. Think you met her one time at Suite. Shorty would be studying for her masters degree during the week and blowing hookah smoke, having never fired a real gun but still looking for the opps on the weekend. Love to see it. :lol:

I think I remember shorty. #balance :pimp: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom