Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

1657217447057.gif

****** love speaking definitively about **** they can only speculate on.

I’m not allowed to speculate? I don’t care about being wrong unlike some of y’all :lol: :lol: :lol:

It ain’t far fetched that some people are posers and front. These kids literally go on IG and YouTube and mimic stuff and make a whole career of it.

I’m not allowed to speculate? I don’t care about being wrong unlike some of y’all :lol: :lol: :lol:

It ain’t far fetched that some people are posers and front. These kids literally go on IG and YouTube and mimic stuff and make a whole career of it.

You need to speculate on getting some money.

“Instead of worrying about who that ***** F-in,
GO GET YOU SOME MONEY

I can’t stand a broke speculator :lol:. Especially one with NO HONOR. Do better man :smh:

HipHop really has become a full out Circus man

also in regards to men supporting women Rappers i don't think that would be such a prevalent thing if the image & content for most of these new women weren't revolved around being overly sexual/ stripper ****

Lyte, Queen Latifah, Brat

Kim, Foxy, Remy to an extant were always bigged up for their skills & seem like they got genuine love from both men & women, Rapsody now (to be quite honest i don't think i've EVER heard a female mention her who wasn't in the music industry)

The point about most men listening & reciting lyrics that don't pertain to them is cool, but extremely flawed. Because even in that case the subjects these rappers talk about are usually extemely intriguing. AMERICA is in love with crime & gangser **** since inception, people are in love with the idea of wealth, in love with the idea of having beautiful women etc etc.

so there's still that intrigue for dudes although they not living that life, no heterosexual male is going to be intrigued about Meg or Cardi going into explicit details of what they do to men, or how to finesse a man out his money :lol: . As long as that's the selling point men are never gonna fully support it

It was weird, because Nicki pretty much used the gay community when she first started. I remember she was coy about who she was dating and hiding Safaree.

and every female followed with the twerking and dressing sexy, because it's monkey see monkey do.

This also lends to why men may not be eager to attend rap shows from certain female rappers, i've seen how Nicki's fanbase is online...... under no circumstance am i purposely going to surround myself by grown *** ****** calling themselves barbs.

This also lends to why men may not be eager to attend rap shows from certain female rappers, i've seen how Nicki's fanbase is online...... under no circumstance am i purposely going to surround myself by grown *** ****** calling themselves barbs.

Gay men support and adore female rappers. So they’ll always have an audience. Dudes forget this

HipHop really has become a full out Circus man

also in regards to men supporting women Rappers i don't think that would be such a prevalent thing if the image & content for most of these new women weren't revolved around being overly sexual/ stripper ****

Lyte, Queen Latifah, Brat

Kim, Foxy, Remy to an extant were always bigged up for their skills & seem like they got genuine love from both men & women, Rapsody now (to be quite honest i don't think i've EVER heard a female mention her who wasn't in the music industry)

The point about most men listening & reciting lyrics that don't pertain to them is cool, but extremely flawed. Because even in that case the subjects these rappers talk about are usually extemely intriguing. AMERICA is in love with crime & gangser **** since inception, people are in love with the idea of wealth, in love with the idea of having beautiful women etc etc.

so there's still that intrigue for dudes although they not living that life, no heterosexual male is going to be intrigued about Meg or Cardi going into explicit details of what they do to men, or how to finesse a man out his money :lol: . As long as that's the selling point men are never gonna fully support it

Facts. And that was my main argument with my chick and my brothers BM.

Kim, Foxy n them..they were definitely raunchy, but they had skillset to offset that. Mfs like Rubi Rose offer nothing outside of sex appeal in regards to their artistry. The female rappers nowadays, they lean way too far into the sexual/stripper persona more so than they do being an actual rapper.

My Brother's BM was tryna say men are bogus for not supporting women rap to the fullest. I asked her if a dude she was messing with bust out in the middle of the club rapping WAP word for word and yelled out the Cardi line about a mf touching the dangling thing in they throat, would she think that was ok....because its just rap right?

She instantly hit the Juelz and couldnt respond.
3kkpKFo.gif

Their main standpoint is that with men rappers, as blatantly disrespectful as they can get, women still support it to the fullest. While men, dont do the same for women. In a man's rap u can have them talkin about bustin on a chick face, screwin they sisters/friends, pimpin a chick, and women are rockin out to it no problem. That same energy aint applied by men when it comes to women and their sexually suggestive lyrics. Men wont touch it. And I agree, most men wont rock with that. The bigger issue, that I was tryna explain to them is when that sexual suggestive stuff is all you got to give in your raps, or the main highlight its gonna be hard to get that support from men. Youre half naked in the video, youre twerkin on IG, you basically already gave the men what they want up front lol. But they wasnt tryna hear it lol. In my opinion You gotta be able to do a good balance like Kim/Foxy n them was doing back in the day if you want the guys to get in your corner.

Times were different during that Foxy, Kim, Charlie Baltimore, etc era. You had balance across the board when it came to music. You had R&B, you had underground rap, mainstream rap, party rap, etc.

There was balance across the board. You weren’t bombarded with gunplay and stripper rap.

Nowadays, this s*** is 75% stripper/murder rap. That’s why I laugh when people say “oh, those lyrics from the 90s would’ve neverrrr flown in today’s landscape”

Ummm….. the music and imagery is equally explicit nowadays.

But basically IMO, people can’t be upset with the stripper rap, but then go on IG, Twitter and all other social media and all they do is follow or like pics of half naked women.

You can’t be upset at the ratchetness because at this point, it’s mainstream. It’s being pushed by the masses.

Is she talking about all men or a specific man?

because that's also marketing. We live in a different era.

and surely we as men can't complain about women's lyrics, considering what male rappers put out.
We have all rights to complain if she's being a hypocrite. Don't say the only thing men good for is money and dck then turn around and claim she's not being protected by us. FOH 🙄

You had rappers like Nonchalant, Boss, Yo-Yo, Jean Grae, Lauryn Hill, etc. then you had the Foxy’s, Lil Kim’s, Jackie-O, Trina.

There was a balance. If you got tired of seeing a*** and t***, you could listen to something else.

But it’s ALLLLL about a*** and t*** nowadays so ain’t no escaping

It is what it is. Find your pocket and do work. I ain’t getting mad at nobody capitalizing and getting money in America. Especially black people. I may not rock with your movement or listen to your songs, but I wanna see them capitalize, in this capitalist society.

These young dudes have given these girls all the power to make this tricking music. The roles have really reversed since I was in my early 20s. Women are the pimps now and these young dudes actually compete to see who can be the bigger trick.

Remind me of the IG post someone posted in here when Drake album dropped….

“Something, something, you not gone understand the Drake album if you not funding trips to Dubai or to resorts with your girl. Y’all not gone understand”

I hollered :lol: :lol:

You need to speculate on getting some money.

“Instead of worrying about who that ***** F-in,
GO GET YOU SOME MONEY

I can’t stand a broke speculator :lol:. Especially one with NO HONOR. Do better man :smh:

Nah I gotta agree wit grimey in this one. I hate posers and fakers. The kind who talk about pyer moss sneaks but can’t pay $100! The brokest people look at the most expensive ****.

Facts. And that was my main argument with my chick and my brothers BM.

Kim, Foxy n them..they were definitely raunchy, but they had skillset to offset that. Mfs like Rubi Rose offer nothing outside of sex appeal in regards to their artistry. The female rappers nowadays, they lean way too far into the sexual/stripper persona more so than they do being an actual rapper.

My Brother's BM was tryna say men are bogus for not supporting women rap to the fullest. I asked her if a dude she was messing with bust out in the middle of the club rapping WAP word for word and yelled out the Cardi line about a mf touching the dangling thing in they throat, would she think that was ok....because its just rap right?

She instantly hit the Juelz and couldnt respond.
3kkpKFo.gif

Their main standpoint is that with men rappers, as blatantly disrespectful as they can get, women still support it to the fullest. While men, dont do the same for women. In a man's rap u can have them talkin about bustin on a chick face, screwin they sisters/friends, pimpin a chick, and women are rockin out to it no problem. That same energy aint applied by men when it comes to women and their sexually suggestive lyrics. Men wont touch it. And I agree, most men wont rock with that. The bigger issue, that I was tryna explain to them is when that sexual suggestive stuff is all you got to give in your raps, or the main highlight its gonna be hard to get that support from men. Youre half naked in the video, youre twerkin on IG, you basically already gave the men what they want up front lol. But they wasnt tryna hear it lol. In my opinion You gotta be able to do a good balance like Kim/Foxy n them was doing back in the day if you want the guys to get in your corner.

All facts, hell before i really knew his Meg was i heard a lot of dudes vouch for her rapping skills & say should could really spit, but it seems like they went more & more in the direction of super sexual.

I get the basis of women's argument about us being able to deal with disrespectful lyrics from men & not from women, but for that to work you have to remove match societal influence. Unfortunately talking extra vulgar to women & disrespecting them is another thing America has made seem common, hence why women can hear it & not really flinch & enjoy the music.

the same way our favorite rappers could be pushing nothing but negative, destructive traits of black men & we rock out to it, because violence & trauma was made to seem normal in out community, whole **** ****** forreal :lol: :smh: .

On a semi related note, when was the last time Ya'll listened to all about the Benjamins on a streaming service??

listened recently & Sheeks line

"you should do what we do, stack chips like hebrews" is literally edited out the song :lol:. Think about the content on Money, Power, Respect all of that is allowed to fly no problem but god forbid we let hateful thoughts like Jewish people accumulate money well be heard

Back
Top Bottom