Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

4Tzm.gif

Yeah, your opinion on lyrics sucks

She done got the Crocket stamp of approval…. Here we go again. Y’all boys know he gone spam us with 2-3 songs of hers for the next next year at minimum …..

definitely just had a disucssion with my girl and my brothers BM on the 4th about this. They had some valid points.

They were listening to Meg/Cardi in the kitchen and I seen the topic pop up in here last week so I asked em who do they think these female artists are marketing themselves too? They are half naked, twerking but their lyrics are about using and finessing men. The lyrics obviously arent for men. and Looking how they dress and dance you can say they are trying to appeal to men...Or do yall ladies like that as well?

Their response was its ultimately for both men and women, but the women rappers will always fall short on getting the men support. Women twerking and shaking cheeks is a spectacle that both sexes enjoy to watch. Men obviously for a more sexual aspect, women as a more in awe, and shiddd some can say they find it sexy too. Women have the ability to like both sides of rap without being judged. They can listen to Dolph, DaBaby, YB, all these current rappers that may have misogynistic lyrics and sing along aloud in the club with no problem. And obviously they can rap FNF and any Cardi/Meg song as well. Women will stream/buy these lady rapper songs, go to their concerts, buy their merch etc.. These same ladies will do the same for the men rappers that talk down on them as well.

Now for men, majority of all men are only listening to male rappers, only going to male rapper shows, and only rapping male rapper lyrics aloud. Most men are not gonna stream a Meg/Cardi project or go to their shows. Unlike women, men arent gonna sing along to lyrics that arent in their favor, even though women do it all the time.

I enjoy all music. I rock with some Megan and Cardi tracks. I had no problem growin up and listening to Foxy, Kim, Gangsta Boo, La Chat, Mia X, Missy, Trina, Queen Pen, Eve, Lady of Rage, MC Lyte so on and so forth. And it seemed like back then it was an issue to listen to a female rapper. A lot of these songs had some hard male guest verses as well. I will admit the talent in my eyes aint the same as it was when I was growin up, but it doesnt have to be. I can totally see why Men dont listen to female rappers cuz the content doesnt pertain to them, but at the same time lotta dudes listen to Jeezy and aint never sold a brick. So I think its a lazy excuse.

at the end of the day, if a mf is spittin and its dope Ima give it a spin regardless if its a male or female on the track.

Not wanting to listen to female rappers = disliking women?

That’s NT in a nutshell…

People deal with extremes.

I like basketball. I watch the NBA and college. I don't watch the WNBA.

You hate women! :lol:

It ain't even like that though, because I always wonder why they try to guilt men into watching the WNBA, when they should be worried about, directing that energy to and promoting the sport to young girls and women. Maybe if you got more women watching, men would follow. All of us have ended up watching a show, because of our girl or wife.

Females rappers aren't for me, I can't relate. Just like I always say Eminem isn't for me. I just know who can rap and who can't.

Females rappers aren't for me, I can't relate. Just like I always say Eminem isn't for me. I just know who can rap and who can't.

Im with ya on that Eminem....regardless of how talented and skilled he is as a rapper, he was just never for me, ever. As a kid mfs used to look at me crazy for not coppin all his albums/listening to them lol. I prolly rock with a total of 5 Eminem songs tops. His music just aint for me. Extremely Skilled rapper for sure though.

People deal with extremes.

I like basketball. I watch the NBA and college. I don't watch the WNBA.

You hate women! :lol:

It ain't even like that though, because I always wonder why they try to guilt men into watching the WNBA, when they should be worried about, directing that energy to and promoting the sport to young girls and women. Maybe if you got more women watching, men would follow. All of us have ended up watching a show, because of our girl or wife.

They forget that there are thousands of male rappers that we slander and don’t FW either :lol: :lol: :lol:

We can give male rappers the business, but women are immune?
Hell nall

That Glorilla check ain’t ever jumped off the porch. I can tell she was raised by IG and YouTube. She look like she came from a good home and just became a follower at some point.

Probably got her heartbroken by a dusty young junky who got a perc addiction and it changed her trajectory

You got male posers and female posers. From the suburbs to the hood

That Glorilla check ain’t ever jumped off the porch. I can tell she was raised by IG and YouTube. She look like she came from a good home and just became a follower at some point.

Probably got her heartbroken by a dusty young junky who got a perc addiction and it changed her trajectory

You got male posers and female posers. From the suburbs to the hood

How you know this? She from North Memphis.
I’m pretty sure she done seen and experienced some ****.

definitely just had a disucssion with my girl and my brothers BM on the 4th about this. They had some valid points.

They were listening to Meg/Cardi in the kitchen and I seen the topic pop up in here last week so I asked em who do they think these female artists are marketing themselves too? They are half naked, twerking but their lyrics are about using and finessing men. The lyrics obviously arent for men. and Looking how they dress and dance you can say they are trying to appeal to men...Or do yall ladies like that as well?

Their response was its ultimately for both men and women, but the women rappers will always fall short on getting the men support. Women twerking and shaking cheeks is a spectacle that both sexes enjoy to watch. Men obviously for a more sexual aspect, women as a more in awe, and shiddd some can say they find it sexy too. Women have the ability to like both sides of rap without being judged. They can listen to Dolph, DaBaby, YB, all these current rappers that may have misogynistic lyrics and sing along aloud in the club with no problem. And obviously they can rap FNF and any Cardi/Meg song as well. Women will stream/buy these lady rapper songs, go to their concerts, buy their merch etc.. These same ladies will do the same for the men rappers that talk down on them as well.

Now for men, majority of all men are only listening to male rappers, only going to male rapper shows, and only rapping male rapper lyrics aloud. Most men are not gonna stream a Meg/Cardi project or go to their shows. Unlike women, men arent gonna sing along to lyrics that arent in their favor, even though women do it all the time.

I enjoy all music. I rock with some Megan and Cardi tracks. I had no problem growin up and listening to Foxy, Kim, Gangsta Boo, La Chat, Mia X, Missy, Trina, Queen Pen, Eve, Lady of Rage, MC Lyte so on and so forth. And it seemed like back then it was an issue to listen to a female rapper. A lot of these songs had some hard male guest verses as well. I will admit the talent in my eyes aint the same as it was when I was growin up, but it doesnt have to be. I can totally see why Men dont listen to female rappers cuz the content doesnt pertain to them, but at the same time lotta dudes listen to Jeezy and aint never sold a brick. So I think its a lazy excuse.

at the end of the day, if a mf is spittin and its dope Ima give it a spin regardless if its a male or female on the track.

It was weird, because Nicki pretty much used the gay community when she first started. I remember she was coy about who she was dating and hiding Safaree.

and every female followed with the twerking and dressing sexy, because it's monkey see monkey do.

Back
Top Bottom