Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

You right

Snoop caught the case in 93 but trial started in 95 and he got acquitted in 96

_’s said Dre was ghost the whole trial tho so they kinda already knew

Yeah people forget Dre was involved in a lot of **** early. He was shot in the leg around the Chronic time, he spent some time in jail in 95 and it seem like that changed him when he came out.

"Grammy-winning rapper Dr. Dre pleaded no contest to drunken driving charges Tuesday and was sentenced to eight months in jail for violating probation from a 1993 battery conviction.

Dr. Dre, whose real name is Andre Young, entered the plea before Municipal Judge Paula Adela Mabrey, who also ordered him to pay a $1,053 fine and attend an alcohol education program.

Young, 28, was arrested Jan. 10 after a chase through Beverly Hills and Westwood in his 1987 Ferrari that police clocked up to 90 mph.

Police said the rapper failed a field sobriety check and submitted to a breath test that showed a blood-alcohol reading of 0.16 percent - twice the state’s legal limit of .08.

Young’s latest conviction violated terms of his probation on a battery conviction last year. In that case, Young was convicted of punching a man in the face, breaking his jaw, outside the rapper’s girlfriend’s home."

1) surprised Drake is at #1, all he dropped was the loosies project, and that didn’t stick around for long

2) why did they skip the Youngboy NBA cover across the top? Not even a YB fan but he seems to get a lot of hate for some reason

3) Pop Smoke was really a star man, some could argue that his death propelled his popularity but considering how long ago his album dropped, that **** LIVED on the charts

Not surprised at all, Drake had some of the biggest songs of the year (Popstar, Toosie Slide, Laugh Now Cry Later). Plus his catalogue has huge replay.

Although Pop Smoke's album was big, I can only imagine how crazy it would've gotten if people were really outside. His **** was made for bumping in the whip/parties. Still a shame, met homie a few weeks before his death and he had star power for sure.

and cuz Game seems like a movie parody of a west coast ***** :lol:

Yeah he was so extra with it. Looking back, based on all the lies he's told since then, imma go ahead and say this story about him meeting Eazy-E likely never happened :lol:

Compton is real tight knit, so [Eazy] was shooting a video for…[‘Compton City G’s’],” he explained. “It’s funny how that was a diss to [Dr.] Dre and grow up to be Game and signed to Aftermath. But I was there…and I said the line that every kid said when he meets one of his idols: ‘Yo Eazy, I wanna grow up to be just like you!’ And he was like, ‘Nah, little man, you don’t wanna be like me; you wanna be like President Regan. You wanna be President

Ronald Reagan wasn't even in office then :smh:

Been on a YouTube hood series binge and this joint TRAP based out of Philly is FIRE 🔥

Acting in the beginning of Season 1 is type cringe but it gets better every episode

Going to peep. Still blown respect life and lanez just disappeared :smh:

And Money & Violence?!! Got damn man. That was a good time for YouTube hood series. Used to have this chick I was messing with, and we bonded over respect life. One of them *****s ended up following her, and trying to rap to her on IG :lol:. Funny

I stay away from mans that be talkin to the cops
And the mans that be talkin to mans talkin to the cops
And i stay away from **** that aint got **** goin on
Might be a hot girl summer, but i aint got **** for em

the-game-tupac1.jpg

For you numbers guys, 2020 streams.

Not shocked drake is #1. He biggest artist out right now. Only dudes he really in competition with is probably Bad Bunny or J Balvin.

Hip hop really #1 all around though which is dope. Still shocked to see some of these names like YNW melly. I never heard one of dudes songs surprised to see him still getting that much play over a year after he been locked up.

Lil kodak really a top 50 artist, thats crazy.
Going to peep. Still blown respect life and lanez just disappeared :smh:

And Money & Violence?!! Got damn man. That was a good time for YouTube hood series. Used to have this chick I was messing with, and we bonded over respect life. One of them *****s ended up following her, and trying to rap to her on IG :lol:. Funny

Man just give us one more season of M&V. So many bags dropped all around with that show

Not shocked drake is #1. He biggest artist out right now. Only dudes he really in competition with is probably Bad Bunny or J Balvin.

Hip hop really #1 all around though which is dope. Still shocked to see some of these names like YNW melly. I never heard one of dudes songs surprised to see him still getting that much play over a year after he been locked up.

Man just give us one more season of M&V. So many bags dropped all around with that show

Edit : The comment section is jokes regarding the host. :rofl: :rofl:
LOL WUT.JPG

lolwut2.JPG

Last edited:

Every year there's a few detractors saying he's finished, and he proceeds to get bigger.

I'm more shocked to see that some of the most highly marketed acts like Ariana and Justin Bieber don't even come close to the top hip-hop acts when it comes to what the people truly listen to.

Nobody ever denies Drakes prestige. We acknowledge the fact that he’s pretty much the top dog. Butttt....

The goal posts constantly get moved for this dude. He’s literally Lebron James.

a) the machine is behind him
b) this is a wishy washy, talentless, unbalanced era so he stands out amongst 98% of the musicians. Let alone rap, but all music genres.
B) People hate “lyrical myrical” rappers or don’t care about bars.... unless it’s drake.

It’s like he’s literally the only person allowed to have lyricism, but when it comes to EVERYONE else it’s “oh, nobody cares about lyrics, just beats and theatrics”. Modern era music critiquing is worse off than it’s ever been.

Back
Top Bottom