Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

And some of TIP’s biggest hits, aged horribly as well. When y’all speak about Wayne’s **** “aging horribly”, y’all are talking about his post c3 run.

Which many of us in real time, were saying wasn’t as good as his old ****

The Cash Money **** to Drought 3 **** (98-07) still goes. And that’s just true, weather you want to admit it or not. Wayne got a lot of misses. He’s a volume shooter. It’s like, we can’t recognize he’s had great music and also some trash.

Anyway....the guy#YALL will hate to admit can to toe to toe with any one, that nobody wants to see is this one....

Wayne is most def a legend. I'm not disagreeing with that at all.
I'm saying his music is hollow. It's really surface level stuff.
No one can deny his influence, but to put his name next to Jay or Nas. Naw.. I ain't going.
His bars are empty.
It sounded great in middle/high school, but he was saying absolutely nothing. That's all.

Aint no revisionist history. Wayne is the most underrated artist in some sense too. The younger generation overates him, and calls him the goat. But a lot of rap conservatives and many of y’all on this board, act like he’s chopped liver :lol:.

And some of TIP’s biggest hits, aged horribly as well. When y’all speak about Wayne’s **** “aging horribly”, y’all are talking about his post c3 run.

Which many of us in real time, were saying wasn’t as good as his old ****

The Cash Money **** to Drought 3 **** (98-07) still goes. And that’s just true, weather you want to admit it or not. Wayne got a lot of misses. He’s a volume shooter. It’s like, we can’t recognize he’s had great music and also some trash.

Anyway....the guy#YALL will hate to admit can to toe to toe with any one, that nobody wants to see is this one....

7120F5E7-9F66-4D14-9AAA-BFE734965E33.gif

Just dropped another solid project, that will go #1 and platinum in year 11 of a run that’s somehow undervalued.
Wayne ain't touchin Fetwch's quality to quantity ratio.
1605501190173.png

No one can deny his influence....
His bars are empty.
It sounded great in middle/high school, but he was saying absolutely nothing. That's all.

Sounds like Future

No one can deny his influence, but to put his name next to Jay or Nas. Naw.. I ain't going.
His bars are empty.

You’re not really saying anything new tho :lol:. Him lacking substance, does not take away from his artistry or impact or the good , timeless music he has in fact put out. You could even make a parallel between Wayne & Snoop Dogg. Wayne belongs in the discussion for hitmakers with Jay Z, Drake, Kanye (just like TIP himself said). Idk where you’re getting Nas from. That’s a completely different discussion (although, they will tell you he’s technically skilled)

If some kid born in 96, sees Lil Wayne as their “goat”...they’re probably wrong, but it isn’t like he isn’t deserving to be even considered that. He’s literally like one of the 10 most influential, biggest rappers of all time. And the biggest rappers of TODAY, and the past...give him his roses.

You not appreciating his lack of substance is a preference thing. And that’s fine. But earlier in here, mfer’s were saying that LIL WAYNE does not have enough billboard hits...to go head up with Ti. That’s flat out wrong. Then it switched to Lil Wayne don’t got enough “joints for the trenches” to go with TI. Which is also wrong. Then it went to, “he doesn’t have anything before 04-05”....which is also just flat out wrong.

Bruh can sit at the table with rap heavyweights. Lack of substance is a fair critique. Nobody is denying that.

50 vs Game? :lol:

they need 50 v Ja :lol:

minus whale do JHood vs Kidd Kidd at that point
.......................................................................................................
Hell Rell vs Tony Yayo ( RUGER is WINNING THIS)

Freddie Gibbs vs Benny

Eve vs Lil Kim ( this would be more competitive than Kim and Foxy)

Grande Joseph vs Ghostface

Lloyd Banks v Cassidy

Freeway vs Styles

50 vs Game? :lol:

they need 50 v Ja :lol:

minus whale do JHood vs Kidd Kidd at that point
.......................................................................................................
Hell Rell vs Tony Yayo ( RUGER is WINNING THIS)

Freddie Gibbs vs Benny

Eve vs Lil Kim ( this would be more competitive than Kim and Foxy)

Grande Joseph vs Ghostface

Lloyd Banks v Cassidy

Freeway vs Styles
JR Writer vs Drag on
40 Cal vs Un Kasa
McGruff vs Mic Geronimo
Royal Flush vs Red Cafe
Lord Finesse vs large Pro
Diamond D vs OC
Cru vs Money Boss Players
Joell Ortiz vs Canibus

JR Writer vs Drag on
40 Cal vs Un Kasa
McGruff vs Mic Geronimo
Royal Flush vs Red Cafe
Lord Finesse vs large Pro
Diamond D vs OC
Cru vs Money Boss Players
Joell Ortiz vs Canibus
RED CAFE!? These ****s is gonna get 400 views tops from men w/ oversized bedazzled "NY" fitteds & the newest coogi talking buyin their chicks bcbg :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom