Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I think what’s going to happen is.... they gonna peace it up for everybody to see, jeezy really wins because it’s free promo for recession 2 and he gonna have a Gucci feature on it.

Jeezy is doing it at the perfect time.

****in 2 Chainz was debuting new songs four months early what seems like 12 in a Covid year.

Please name the big records HE had before Go Dj.

He wasn’t a solo artist until 99-2000. But In a versus battle....they are going to use songs you were on, or featured on. So if he wanted to....he’ll put his verse from Rich ****** on there. He’ll put his “I need a hot girl” , “Project Chick” verse on there. He’ll put some of the CMR, Hot Boys big time songs on there.

He, had The Block is hot, Way of Life, Shine, Where Ya At. Those joints WORK in a versus battle. And that’s just 3 joints by him dolo, in a 20 song battle. Every song does not need to be a top 40 hit. But if Wayne WANTS to do that...he can reach in his 2005 to 2014 bag. He had hits during that spans. And if he wanted to put features on there Too...it’s a wrap. But In a versus battle...these 3 will absolutely go.

Yeah, this was like a hit.

but he might not have necessarily been set up, if he was messing with some stripper chick or if they knew the girl was it might have been common knowledge if he had a routine. Another chick she knew or in the club could have told someone she knows she messes with Mo3.

because the chick he was with would be putting her life in danger and she would need to leave immediately. And were they paying that much?

Dudes pretty much need to move like Avon used to :smh:

but damn, to be chased in a car and then to have dude get out and run away and for the person to run after him with a gun on the side of the highway and to be shot in front of a bunch onlookers. The want to was extremely strong. Because this entire thing is probably on camera(s).

Like someone said he didn't at least have a gun in his car?

The whole story is crazy.

And I’m also quite sure they knew what his car looked like. Everyone knows certain people in the hood specially by their car.

In my hood, you definitely who’s driving what, without even looking at the license plate. Their definitely going to check his phone records also

Gucci and Jeezy right now...both not in there prime. But in the last 5 years....Gucci has had waaaay more joints than Jeezy :lol:.

Cmon dawg. Gucci just got his biggest lead hit LAST year, with “In the sky” lol. He needs features, like what he was doing with Migos, Kodak & Bruno Mars....but the music is good, and he’s good on those tracks. He got post 2015 **** that is straight. More than Jeezy.

These are actual facts. That does not mean we’re saying he’s killing it right now.

And your saying what? Once again, he asked what has he done the last 5 years and big songs he was on the last 5. But he replied with jeezy songs that He personally likes and no one heard of and u didn’t say a word. We’re all bias like I said.
Rly just pointing out the Crew track is a stretch
I ain't say nothing bout his songs cuz dudes in this thread posting a bunch of songs that are 'personal favorites'.

Nah the remix of Crew was hard and got hella spins in the different cities I went to that summer.
Bruh the OG was Grammy nominated. The remix was getting spins cuz ppl got to hear Brent hook again.

He wasn’t a solo artist until 99-2000. But In a versus battle....they are going to use songs you were on, or featured on. So if he wanted to....he’ll put his verse from Rich ****** on there. He’ll put his “I need a hot girl” , “Project Chick” verse on there. He’ll put some of the CMR, Hot Boys big time songs on there.

He, had The Block is hot, Way of Life, Shine, Where Ya At. Those joints WORK in a versus battle. And that’s just 3 joints by him dolo, in a 20 song battle. Every song does not need to be a top 40 hit. But if Wayne WANTS to do that...he can reach in his 2005 to 2014 bag. He had hits during that spans. And if he wanted to put features on there Too...it’s a wrap. But In a versus battle...these 3 will absolutely go.

The Block is Hot is it. Them other 2 records wasn't big, those came out during CMR down years. Way Of Life was "bigger" than those. During those years The Big Tymers had bigger records than Wayne. Still Fly is bigger than any Wayne record before 04. king j king j is right he ain't really cement himself solo wise til 04-05, nothing wrong with that. He carried the label after that.

Scrolled down without reading and thought Jeremiah might've died.

Been a long week. Glad he's good. I need future stories about dude bugging out.

The Block is Hot is it. Them other 2 records wasn't big, those came out during CMR down years. Way Of Life was "bigger" than those. During those years The Big Tymers had bigger records than Wayne. Still Fly is bigger than any Wayne record before 04. king j king j is right he ain't really cement himself solo wise til 04-05, nothing wrong with that. He carried the label after that.

Bro....I am not arguing that he didn’t “cement” himself until 04-05 or was the LEAD at cash money or something :lol:. Never once did I say that.

I’m telling you....LIL WAYNE had HITS and been on HIT RECORDS that will GO in a versus battle. I’m telling you this, to illustrate the sheer volume of the amount of records he can pull from.

Idk why y’all arguing against an obvious point :lol:. I just posted 3 records Wayne could use in a versus battle, before he blew up....to illustrate my point

Y’all not reading 🤦🏾‍♂️

Rly just pointing out the Crew track is a stretch
I ain't say nothing bout his songs cuz dudes in this thread posting a bunch of songs that are 'personal favorites'.

Bruh the OG was Grammy nominated. The remix was getting spins cuz ppl got to hear Brent hook again.
Regardless he on the song and the song charted and got awards. Point being grimey being grimey saying he hasn’t don’t anything in 5 years and insinuating jeezy did is some Florida water type of ****. Jeezy for sure had the higher peak and bigger songs early on and broke thru commercially tho. But post 2010 it ain’t looking too good for him and the last 5 years no sir.

Yeah, this was like a hit.

but he might not have necessarily been set up, if he was messing with some stripper chick or if they knew the girl was it might have been common knowledge if he had a routine. Another chick she knew or in the club could have told someone she knows she messes with Mo3.

because the chick he was with would be putting her life in danger and she would need to leave immediately. And were they paying that much?

Dudes pretty much need to move like Avon used to :smh:

but damn, to be chased in a car and then to have dude get out and run away and for the person to run after him with a gun on the side of the highway and to be shot in front of a bunch onlookers. The want to was extremely strong. Because this entire thing is probably on camera(s).

Like someone said he didn't at least have a gun in his car?

The whole story is crazy.
I remember hearing stories on how Nas use to move back in the day. Looks like that's the direction where hip hop is heading again.

Bro....I am not arguing that he didn’t “cement” himself until 04-05 or was the LEAD at cash money or something :lol:. Never once did I say that.

I’m telling you....LIL WAYNE had HITS and been on HIT RECORDS that will GO in a versus battle. I’m telling you this, to illustrate the sheer volume of the amount of records he can pull from.

Idk why y’all arguing against an obvious point :lol:. I just posted 3 records Wayne could use in a versus battle, before he blew up....to illustrate my point

Y’all not reading 🤦🏾‍♂️

So Shine vs Dope Boys in the trap. Which one go off harder in a versus battle?

23b2q8.jpg

We gotta stop confusing quantity with quality.

Im responding to Grine Grine who said we talking about “billboard hits” when it come down to Wayne & Tip. Not “mixtape cuts”

And y’all ALL KNOW....the hood loves lil Wayne music. Stop f’n fronting man. I understand it’s cool in this thread to hate on Lil Wayne....but y’all fronting on some other **** right now.

Look what G-Herbo say about a damn mixtape cut lol.

This is Wayne we talking about here man. I know. He’s a clown, goofy, and got terrible as his career went on. But he got bangers to go toe to toe with any one. These two things can exist. He may not be YOUR cup of tea...but he’s everybody elses.

Not my cup of tea? Bruh, I’m so New Orleans.
I’m a 97-2008 Weezy fan. What I’m not is Stan.

But what you’re not going to do is discredit T.I. records against Wayne. Guy has over 60 songs on the charts, TIP can hang.

Gucci got more good projects than Jeezy but in a 20 record battle he ain't beating him. Jeezy's 05-08 run was a monster. 101 and 102 plus if we throw in features. Get Throwed and **** like that.

Don't be naked out here.
What’s even more important than that is you gotta have your head on a swivel and be on point at all times...Can’t have multiple dudes run up on you in a Wal Mart parking lot, either they got the drop on your location or you wasn’t paying attention...Either way by the time they on you it’s too late for the blicky anyway

So you taking that over Dope Boys? Or 24's? Or Be Easy?

The block is hot, will get those outta here. 24s a banger tho. But tip going to those for that, lol.

Not my cup of tea? Bruh, I’m so New Orleans.
I’m a 97-2008 Weezy fan. What I’m not is Stan.

But what you’re not going to do is discredit T.I. records against Wayne. Guy has over 60 songs on the charts, TIP can hang.

Idek why you taking it as, “discrediting”. TIP is a hell of an artist...with a great peak. We touched on this some weeks ago.

I Know Tip’s bag....it ain’t Wayne’s. That’s a different level. Wayne is up there with Kanye, Drake, Hov etc and them as far as number of records go, that resonate and ring off. TIP just ain’t there yet. Tip closer to 50...than he is Wayne. Jeezy woulda got Tip outta here. Gucci too.

And that’s the truth.

Back
Top Bottom