Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

No wonder I haven't been feeling Wiz's stuff the past few years, he's been trying to be everybody but himself :lol: outside of the TGod Mafia album where Juicy J carried Wiz's carcass, Wiz had like a 5 year gap where I didn't care for his music at all. Basically everything up until Bong Rips and Pre-Rolleds.

it's only biting styles when it's artist they don't like. A man who promotes the creator of Barter 6 complaining about Wiz "biting". WATTBA

Wiz a biter for switching from dutches to papers, blonde afro to blonde dreads

But a ***** tries to steal a mans surname, album series, & father.... & he's a culture changing icon.

Next ****** gonna tell me Wiz biting thug because he's tall & has a lot of tats.

But a ***** tries to steal a mans surname, album series, & father.... & he's a culture changing icon.

Just despicable
scust.png

Wiz does jump from sound to sound though bruh. Depending what's hot. I remember when he did a tape with Lex, I think it was Cabin fever, that trap sound don't fit him at all. I think that's why a lot of his fans been disappointed in him. One tape he's tryna do this sound, then that sound. Wiz has no identity now.

Last edited:
Wiz switches his production a lot yes, but as far as flows, cadence, persona etc etc it all revolves around the same thing.

These dudes started bringing up things like clothes, hair color, collaborations etc etc. If we're gonna call Wiz out for it all i ask is that you call others out for it too. And the consistency just don't be there.

This funny though. :lol:

Uzi went from a fake drill rapper. To Joey Bad***. To Lil Wayne Rebirth/Young Thug.

Did he say he don't even smoke weed in the Joy Bad *** gimmick? lol
i got so many styles i am a group
evpThMO.png

uzi aint abandon none those old flows really

drama n cannon taught him well imo

Wiz switches his production a lot yes, but as far as flows, cadence, persona etc etc it all revolves around the same thing.

These dudes started bringing up things like clothes, hair color, collaborations etc etc. If we're gonna call Wiz out for it all i ask is that you call others out for it too. And the consistency just don't be there.

Idk why you do this :lol:.

The topic was about wiz. A few of us mentioned he was a biter. Nobody said other ***** don’t bite :lol:. That’s a weird argument that you came with out the blue and started posting pics of Migos for some reason.

Wiz is a biter and wave rider. That doesn’t mean he didn’t make good music at one point. Two things can be true.

You can't tell me nothing about Wiz bruh, I got country family in OK thats known dude since he was in 7th grade living there (His pops was stationed at the Air Force base in Altus) :lol:

I've been following dude since Day 1 cause I was a fan from Day 1 thru my people. I literally watched all his come ups, the one in 2006 when Rostrum got him signed to Warner as well as when Rostrum got him signed to Atlantic in 2009-10. I remember when he was tryna be hood. I remember when he started getting OD tatted like Tyga. I remember when he started doing the whole melodic **** cause I told my people it sound like this _ just found Max B :lol:

Wiz could always rap and had charisma he just really wasn't marketable. Thats why he always trying on different marketing angles. He was super generic and brand-less, he had the chuck taylor/taylor gang stuff but nobody really cared like that yet. I had been listening to Curren$y tough from the YM days and I remember very clearly when he started getting some of his influence cause smoking papers, camo shorts, streetwear, etc started to become a very big part of his brand along with other stuff like cars and shoes. Curren$y was a "skateboarder" sponsored by DC Shoes, heavy into streetwear, cars, shoes etc by the time he linked with Wiz man.

They both had similar laid back smoking music and good beats so the connect made since but Wiz left that friendship as a much more marketable rapper and ultimately gained more from it than Spitta imo. You absolutely need hooks/gimmicks in this industry and his whole brand and marketing turned up around this time.

So let me get this straight because he switched from a rapper who smoked a lot of weed with swishers to a rapper who smoked a lot of weed with papers ... he hijacked spitta despite having a COMPLETELY different sound. or are we forgetting that a simple 2 years prior Spitta was talkin gunplay with bapes and 3X t-shirts?

And if we gonna use this energy with Wiz, we gotta use this energy with Migos No?
Nardwuar-Migos.jpg

Migos-2017-BET-awards-red-carpet-billboard-1548.jpg

Wiz-Khalifa-Ysl-saint-laurent-paris-men-single-breasted-3-button-jacket-in-black-and-white-striped-polyester-jacket-Clive-Davis-2013-Pre-GRAMMY-Gala-8.jpg

Corny demo songs you say

Ya'll dudes real picky choosy with who gets blamed for what

Wiz and his team were knowledgable very early on about how to market and sell a brand in the new digital age via engaging with fans on twitter, day in the life videos where you sell your "cool lifestyle", etc but i gotta call a spade a spade.

On the music tip, when I say corny demo songs why would I be talking about paid features? :stoneface: :lol:

Look at all his singles after he let Atlantic take control of his career.

Black and Yellow, Roll Up, On My Level, Work Hard Play Hard, No Sleep, Young Wild and Free etc. Its a Who's Who of star industry writing teams with their hands all over those songs bruh. Stargate, Benny Blanco, Danny Morris, The Smeezingtons, etc. Outside of Black and Yellow these songs could've went to literally anybody.

Remember that video of Chris Brown singing We Dem Boyz, why you think CB like that song so much? :lol::nerd:

As far as _'s dressing like him, what you really mean is dressing like Ian Connor cause thats who started styling him when he made an aesthetic change all over again. Thats who had him rocking white Kurt Cobain shades, wearing Supreme, etc. Also who convinced him to get colored hair similar to Ecco2k. Before that he was walking around like looking lost and brand-less all over again.

Idk why you do this :lol:.

The topic was about wiz. A few of us mentioned he was a biter. Nobody said other ***** don’t bite :lol:. That’s a weird argument that you came with out the blue and started posting pics of Migos for some reason.

Wiz is a biter and wave rider. That doesn’t mean he didn’t make good music at one point. Two things can be true.

because me, you and a few other dudes frequent the same threads & certain people escape criticism for things others catch slander for.. Also some of this **** just be straight up fabrication because people may not like an artist.

logic just doesn't work like this man. it's extremely hypocritical is all i'm saying

If Wiz is a biter cool, just know that a lot of the artist you champion bite even more than he does & nobody ever says anything about it. I posted those clips of the Migos because Str8 called wiz a biter, for changing up his appearance & "selling out" by doing pop songs & music that isn't his sound from time to time.

Migos went from dressing like hood ******, to dressing how wiz was dressing in 2013. ****** gave him all types of hell for his style choices back then because nobody else was doing it. as far as the Pop music goes, Migos workin with Sean Paul, Niykee Heeton, & EDM Dj's. Future doing duets with Taylor swift. But when they do it there's no talk of sellout?

You can't tell me nothing about Wiz bruh, I got country family in OK thats known dude since he was in 7th grade living there (His pops was stationed at the Air Force base in Altus) :lol:

I've been following dude since Day 1 cause I was a fan from Day 1 thru my people. I literally watched all his come ups, the one in 2006 when Rostrum got him signed to Warner as well as when Rostrum got him signed to Atlantic in 2009-10. I remember when he was tryna be hood. I remember when he started getting OD tatted like Tyga. I remember when he started doing the whole melodic **** cause I told my people it sound like this _ just found Max B :lol:

Wiz could always rap and had charisma he just really wasn't marketable. Thats why he always trying on different marketing angles. He was super generic and brand-less, he had the chuck taylor/taylor gang stuff but nobody really cared like that yet. I had been listening to Curren$y tough from the YM days and I remember very clearly when he started getting some of his influence cause smoking papers, camo shorts, streetwear, etc started to become a very big part of his brand along with other stuff like cars and shoes. Curren$y was a "skateboarder" sponsored by DC Shoes, heavy into streetwear, cars, shoes etc by the time he linked with Wiz man.

They both had similar laid back smoking music and good beats so the connect made since but Wiz left that friendship as a much more marketable rapper and ultimately gained more from it than Spitta imo. You absolutely need hooks/gimmicks in this industry and his whole brand and marketing turned up around this time.

Wiz and his team were knowledgable very early on about how to market and sell a brand in the new digital age via engaging with fans on twitter, day in the life videos where you sell your "cool lifestyle", etc but i gotta call a spade a spade.

On the music tip, when I say corny demo songs why would I be talking about paid features? :stoneface: :lol:

Look at all his singles after he let Atlantic take control of his career.

Black and Yellow, Roll Up, On My Level, Work Hard Play Hard, No Sleep, Young Wild and Free etc. Its a Who's Who of star industry writing teams with their hands all over those songs bruh. Stargate, Benny Blanco, Danny Morris, The Smeezingtons, etc. Outside of Black and Yellow these songs could've went to literally anybody.

Remember that video of Chris Brown singing We Dem Boyz, why you think CB like that song so much? :lol::nerd:

As far as _'s dressing like him, what you really mean is dressing like Ian Connor cause thats who started styling him when he made an aesthetic change all over again. Thats who had him rocking white Kurt Cobain shades, wearing Supreme, etc. Also who convinced him to get colored hair similar to Ecco2k. Before that he was walking around like looking lost and brand-less all over again.

Thank you man. Thank you :lol: :pimp:

7ABA7BB6-5AB2-416D-825B-7852090959DC.gif

Those
Who
Know

:smokin

I've been following Wiz since he put out this trash single

From there came prince of the city & he started to work & develop his sound, building up his fanbase. From that mixtape on he was speaking heavy about smoking weed, he was harmonizing/singing on records, experimenting with more soulful records. Flight School came out & that's when he really started to break on the blogs. i would say soon after that him & spitta started working together & hanging out more, but to say he bit spitta's style is a huge reach. so spitta put him on to more streetwear, i mean it was 2009 most urban fashion started to head that way by then.

If you look at an album like Kush & Oj, outside of a few changes in attire nothing really changed. it was basically the sound he started on flightschool & B.A.R perfected & polished. surely Spitta had some influence, but there music was nothing alike outside of a mellow laid back mood, which again Wiz had been tampering with since POTC.

As far as Wiz having writers work on hit songs that are gonna go pop, any different from rappers doing a BS 16 on an already recorded pop song & cosigning it?

Both are inorganic, both aren't anywhere near the music they make, both are only doing the songs to reach a pop demographic. One is selling out because it's his song & not a feature :lol:

Point blank dudes only wanna call a "spade a spade" when it's convenient, not one of the artist they like is doing the same. Simple questions here

- Did Migos not do a complete 180 Fashion wise? Do they not have stylist that purposely dress them that way?
- Did Migos not get their entire career off the ground by mimicking Gucci sound?
- Did thug not lift Wayne's entire style down to facial tatts, facial piercings, colored dreads, His album title, his ******* ceo :lol:
- Future just did a full commercial with Taylor swift, you think that's anything more than a reach for the pop audience?
- Migos are doing Tracks with Katy Perry, Nykee Heeton & Sean Paul, you don't think top writers & producers were in the studio cooking those songs up for them to then come & drop a lazy 16 & some Adlibs on it

I just want to know if any of those guys i just named our biters? are any of these guys "sellouts" in your opinion?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom