Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I remember hearing wiz freestyle on bone thugs n harmony beats...dude sounded like a totally different rapper. Bars and all. When I was in high school he got on that get high music. Or I guess that’s what blew him up

Also kind of hard that Cardo is one of the top producers out these days... & he's one of Wiz OG producers that he helped put on

My guy are you serious right now.... out of ALL the *****s you promote who steal waves from future, your gonna point to Wiz about it. Only similarity between that track and future three peat is that both are harmonizing over a trap beat. Wiz has his same flow as usual, completely different delivery.

He tried to follow lil Uzi? the same ***** who had blonde in his afro in 2012?? only difference is his hair grew
WizKhalifaONIFC.jpg

Look at his style of dress then & Look at cats like Uzi, Migos, etc etc fashion now. Hell a LARGE portion of the game copied his style on everything from Vlogs, Marketing mixtapes, How to finesse the underground market.

Not to mention the style that made wiz popular was his harmonizing & super laid back production. Outside of musical backdrop & smoking weed him & spittas music is nothing alike.

not a coincidence

ian connor used to style wiz

I remember hearing wiz freestyle on bone thugs n harmony beats...dude sounded like a totally different rapper. Bars and all. When I was in high school he got on that get high music. Or I guess that’s what blew him up

Almost 10 years ago I got put on to Wiz and like his first 2 mixtapes; Price of 5 he city/penn/Pitt or w/e he was in some rapid fire Dipset/Cam'ron like flow and delivery. If you told me he was an easy coast rapaper I wouldnt have questioned it.

He went ghost for a quick min, probably smoked the biggedt joint ever, came back new flow, different content, hippy lite/heavy stoner and basically became the closest thing to this generations Snoop.

The **** took off. If he came up with it or somebody suggested it they know it was just a brilliant change looking at his success.

With that said Wiz aint bite anybody. If anything its the other way around. Only person that should be a bit salty is Devin the Dude.

Y’all keep sleeping if you want....but there is a segment of young, hood ***** really making waves and growing fanbases inspired by 90s & early 00s southern legends.

This type of young, street rap is on the verge of bowing up. Kodak broke through...Youngboy on his way....and that “bottom sound” bout to take over for 2018.

Some dudes just not gonna break. Kodak also broke through because of his antics. I don't see NBA elevating much farther than where he at now. Some dudes just have a lane they can't escape.

Some dudes just not gonna break. Kodak also broke through because of his antics. I don't see NBA elevating much farther than where he at now. Some dudes just have a lane they can't escape.

That’s cool! Them boys ain’t trying to go Hollywood/commercial anyhow. Keep it strictly for the streets

Dog, I ain't seen that Wu **** in mad long. That **** still funny as ****.

Crazy seeing someone sample Tha Block Is Hot

Y’all keep sleeping if you want....but there is a segment of young, hood ***** really making waves and growing fanbases inspired by 90s & early 00s southern legends.

This type of young, street rap is on the verge of bowing up. Kodak broke through...Youngboy on his way....and that “bottom sound” bout to take over for 2018.

No claims of Biting hear right :lol::lol::lol:

No claims of Biting hear right :lol::lol::lol:

A Louisiana ***** sampling and interpolating “the block is hot” is not biting man :lol:.

You and these “I find it funny how’s”.....

:lol: nba and Kodak both make you think they’re ******ed by the way they act on the gram....them dudes really know how to make somebody not want to give them a chance

Yeah. I can see easily see how their antics on social media turn people off :lol:. But them young dudes cut from a different cloth musically. A lot of older cats rock with them to some surprise.

I've been following Wiz since he put out this trash single

From there came prince of the city & he started to work & develop his sound, building up his fanbase. From that mixtape on he was speaking heavy about smoking weed, he was harmonizing/singing on records, experimenting with more soulful records. Flight School came out & that's when he really started to break on the blogs. i would say soon after that him & spitta started working together & hanging out more, but to say he bit spitta's style is a huge reach. so spitta put him on to more streetwear, i mean it was 2009 most urban fashion started to head that way by then.

If you look at an album like Kush & Oj, outside of a few changes in attire nothing really changed. it was basically the sound he started on flightschool & B.A.R perfected & polished. surely Spitta had some influence, but there music was nothing alike outside of a mellow laid back mood, which again Wiz had been tampering with since POTC.

As far as Wiz having writers work on hit songs that are gonna go pop, any different from rappers doing a BS 16 on an already recorded pop song & cosigning it?

Both are inorganic, both aren't anywhere near the music they make, both are only doing the songs to reach a pop demographic. One is selling out because it's his song & not a feature :lol:

Point blank dudes only wanna call a "spade a spade" when it's convenient, not one of the artist they like is doing the same. Simple questions here

- Did Migos not do a complete 180 Fashion wise? Do they not have stylist that purposely dress them that way?
- Did Migos not get their entire career off the ground by mimicking Gucci sound?
- Did thug not lift Wayne's entire style down to facial tatts, facial piercings, colored dreads, His album title, his ****ing ceo :lol:
- Future just did a full commercial with Taylor swift, you think that's anything more than a reach for the pop audience?
- Migos are doing Tracks with Katy Perry, Nykee Heeton & Sean Paul, you don't think top writers & producers were in the studio cooking those songs up for them to then come & drop a lazy 16 & some Adlibs on it

I just want to know if any of those guys i just named our biters? are any of these guys "sellouts" in your opinion?

Man this is the Wiz I knew, this is when he was tryna be hard, repping "Pistolvania" :rolleyes

wizkhalifa_img3.jpg

Say Yeah came after he had already did 1 full transformation. Your timelines are off too. Both Prince of City tapes had dropped before this. That trash single you talking about was his first official single on Warner Bros and also his first attempt at tryna sell out and go commercial. This is what I mean when I say dude has always been like this and always wanted this for himself :lol:

His brand was pretty trash up until he discovered EZ Wider/paper planes (that he smokes with your ***** :lol:), Clicqout (which later turned into Bombay after he wore that out) and camo shorts that "go with anything he wanna wear". Some of his key branding material came from Spitta persona, the difference is he was ready to go commercial and actually turn this **** into gimmicks and tropes that get mentioned on every other song. He was way more industry savvy because he had just gotten out of a situation at Warner where he was on a major but was so generic that they didn't know how to market him or who the hell to market him to.

By the time Kush and Orange Juice came around Rostrum was damn near pushing dude as a Surburban Frat rapper. Thats how he blew up tho, he was like the Post Malone of that time for college white people to smoke "doobs" and play beer pong to.

I'm a Day 1 fan of dude and always wanted to see him win but it what it is.

You bringing up Migos biting Gucci like me and wavycrocket wavycrocket didn't both make post and even put specific songs in here that pinpoint their Gucci/Future influence :lol:

Also don't see whatever equivalency you tryna make with _'s doing features. One instance is getting paid for one-off features while the other is dude tryna base his career path, brand, and livelihood off these songs. Not the same at all.

Kendrick will get paid a big *** bag to do a Taylor Swift feat no problem. You think he about to be out here getting paraded around with corny Dr. Luke written singles made with a "hit formula"? You said yourself that these _'s just be throwing any lazy 16's on those tracks, why do you think that is? Its because they dont care about those songs

Young thug and Migos aren't shape shifters. It was obvious they came in the game heavily influenced by their favorite rappers, but they've came into their own and have their own styles. What Wiz and Soulja tsung are doing is completely different.

Every rapper comes into the game influenced by someone.

What is this wiz Khalifa argument about? Like ok...so he switched his image up until he found something that worked? Whether it be influenced from curren$y or not. I don’t get the debate

Edit: ohhh nvm this argument again :lol: I see we’re discrediting wiz success because apparently he copied everyone:rolleyes
Ok

And ftr I haven’t listened to wiz since 2010-2011. Frankly I think he’s pretty trash after his first album. But NT gon NT and act like he had nothing to do with his own success :lol:

Man this is the Wiz I knew, this is when he was tryna be hard, repping "Pistolvania" :rolleyes

wizkhalifa_img3.jpg

Say Yeah came after he had already did 1 full transformation. Your timelines are off too. Both Prince of City tapes had dropped before this. That trash single you talking about was his first official single on Warner Bros and also his first attempt at tryna sell out and go commercial. This is what I mean when I say dude has always been like this and always wanted this for himself :lol:

His brand was pretty trash up until he discovered EZ Wider/paper planes (that he smokes with your ***** :lol:), Clicqout (which later turned into Bombay after he wore that out) and camo shorts that "go with anything he wanna wear". Some of his key branding material came from Spitta persona, the difference is he was ready to go commercial and actually turn this **** into gimmicks and tropes that get mentioned on every other song. He was way more industry savvy because he had just gotten out of a situation at Warner where he was on a major but was so generic that they didn't know how to market him or who the hell to market him to.

By the time Kush and Orange Juice came around Rostrum was damn near pushing dude as a Surburban Frat rapper. Thats how he blew up tho, he was like the Post Malone of that time for college white people to smoke "doobs" and play beer pong to.

I'm a Day 1 fan of dude and always wanted to see him win but it what it is.

You bringing up Migos biting Gucci like me and wavycrocket wavycrocket didn't both make post and even put specific songs in here that pinpoint their Gucci/Future influence :lol:

Also don't see whatever equivalency you tryna make with _'s doing features. One instance is getting paid for one-off features while the other is dude tryna base his career path, brand, and livelihood off these songs. Not the same at all.

Kendrick will get paid a big *** bag to do a Taylor Swift feat no problem. You think he about to be out here getting paraded around with corny Dr. Luke written singles made with a "hit formula"? You said yourself that these _'s just be throwing any lazy 16's on those tracks, why do you think that is? Its because they dont care about those songs

That's really all i wanted to be admitted, because a huge percent of the time artist who may not be as popular seemed to get clowned for doing **** that other rappers do blatantly & get a pass for it. All i ask for is consistency.

Also i'm very weary of saying saying Wiz "bit" Curren$y because he smoked weed, sipped champagne & shifted to streetwear. that sounds like a natural progression of any young 20+ yr old in rap at that time. Musically Wiz & spitta were doing two completely different things with similar production, & as you stated making music for two different demos. More than anything it seems like Wiz was experimenting with his sound found his comfort zone & continued to build on it.

As far as the features vs what Wiz is doing, it's really not much of a difference in it at all. Both are trying to appeal to a pop audience & turning away from what their core likes & expects from them. Both are trying to heighten their career path, Both are trying to evolve they brand. Neither has to rely on this type of music to continue their Livelihood, they doing it because the check is good.

We could make the case that brand Wise doing these kind of songs hurt Wiz reputation wise. The majority of Wiz music on albums & mixtapes isn't those corny mainstream tracks, but he releases those singles to appeal to a wider audience & expand his brand. Same thing the Migos, Kendrick or Future are doing when they do these collabs.

The only reason it's done more by Wiz because even his core fanbase won't be completely turned off to those kind of tracks, as opposed to a Migos who's entire persona is street rap & hood ****. Wiz could get away with more from with his core audience so he does it more often, nonetheless both acts are doing songs they wouldn't normally do to appeal to a wider audience & draw more attention to their brand

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom