Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I had never listened to a Wiz song until I randomly checked Kush and OJ, but I had been seeing Show and Prove in Best Buy for years :lol: kinda interested in hearing both that and Deal Or No Deal now since Johnny Juliano from those old Filnobep vids are on there

Young thug and Migos aren't shape shifters. It was obvious they came in the game heavily influenced by their favorite rappers, but they've came into their own and have their own styles. What Wiz and Soulja tsung are doing is completely different.

Every rapper comes into the game influenced by someone.

/thread

What is this wiz Khalifa argument about? Like ok...so he switched his image up until he found something that worked? Whether it be influenced from curren$y or not. I don’t get the debate

Edit: ohhh nvm this argument again :lol: I see we’re discrediting wiz success because apparently he copied everyone:rolleyes
Ok

And ftr I haven’t listened to wiz since 2010-2011. Frankly I think he’s pretty trash after his first album. But NT gon NT and act like he had nothing to do with his own success :lol:

Nobody is trying to discredit Wiz at all man. The quality and grind was there for him to succeed. Him and his team were smart...and for a time, he put together smart marketing with quality music. That doesn’t lose...and he deserves credit for it.

All everybody is doing (with the exception of trynafeelmink trynafeelmink ) is pointing out how he’s a more talented, hipster version of Soulja Tsung.

And for the record...there was a whole wave of Kids influenced by Wiz himself. Cruddy temps with blond in them don’t start without Wiz rocking the blond streak...which eventually bled to the Odell haircuts. You just gotta follow the line.

Things
Can
Be
True

:lol:

Young thug and Migos aren't shape shifters. It was obvious they came in the game heavily influenced by their favorite rappers, but they've came into their own and have their own styles. What Wiz and Soulja tsung are doing is completely different.

Every rapper comes into the game influenced by someone.

Bro Musically Wiz music has been consistent (to a detriment), same topics, same flows, the only thing he changed was production. Wiz persona as far as mainstream goes is completely his own lane, it's disrespectful as **** to say he's anything near Soulja Boy.

Who's lane is Wiz trying to take? He ain't portraying no gangsta, he ain't out here lying about popping pills, he ain't venturing into mumble rap. He has his own adlibs & own persona.

These just some of the tracks off his new project... this is his signature sound. I can't sit here and cosign him being a "shapeshifter" because he dabbled in the trap sound that 90% of new rappers dabbled in.

So again i ask who has Wiz stole from... i asked and Wavy gave me a Wiz doing his regular flow and cadence over a 2017 trap beat as an example.

Everything else has been examples of him switching his clothes (That can be said for most new rappers) his hair (despite him doing that before this new influx of rappers) & **** like the liquor he's drinking or the papers he's using to roll his weed.

Last edited:
Some dudes just not gonna break. Kodak also broke through because of his antics. I don't see NBA elevating much farther than where he at now. Some dudes just have a lane they can't escape.

This just hit the billboard. This not even a “single”. Youngboy got that Kevin Gates/Boosie Type fanbase. The kids love him, Streets and old *****. Mainstream white people not hip to him yet though. And unfortunately, that ultimately determines “how far you go”.

He stay outta trouble....he on his way.

http://www.thefader.com/2017/10/10/youngboy-nba-never-broke-again-cover-story-interview

wiz isnt nothing more than the modern day snoop minus doggystyle and the gangster stuff. Thats no diss , dude has carved out a nice lane for himself and has made some decent signings to his label if that roster is real. My first introduction to him his star power , since then the only thing that has changed has been his beats and he puts out better mixtapes than albums

Bro Musically Wiz music has been consistent (to a detriment), same topics, same flows, the only thing he changed was production. Wiz persona as far as mainstream goes is completely his own lane, it's disrespectful as **** to say he's anything near Soulja Boy.

Who's lane is Wiz trying to take? He ain't portraying no gangsta, he ain't out here lying about popping pills, he ain't venturing into mumble rap. He has his own adlibs & own persona.

These just some of the tracks off his new project... this is his signature sound. I can't sit here and cosign him being a "shapeshifter" because he dabbled in the trap sound that 90% of new rappers dabbled in.

So again i ask who has Wiz stole from... i asked and Wavy gave me a Wiz doing his regular flow and cadence over a 2017 trap beat as an example.

Everything else has been examples of him switching his clothes (That can be said for most new rappers) his hair (despite him doing that before this new influx of rappers) & **** like the liquor he's drinking or the papers he's using to roll his weed.

Nah bro :lol:

Wiz has went astray a few times. Cabin Fever was his first run at the trap wave. Lex had emailed him all those beats 2 years prior and he brushed him off. Then his sound blew up and he went back and dug in his email and hopped on those beats to ride the wave out. Then the labels started working their magic to make sure he didn't fail a second time and basically got him in with all the popping industry songwriters. Rolling Papers and ONIFC really alienated a lot of his core with all those pop songs. Why you think he went out and got the Ian Connor Tumblr makeover? He had to reinvent himself all over again after he let the industry corn him out

After that he got with Two9/Curtis Williams during the 28 Grams/"Trap Wiz" era (his words not mine). Curtis was getting love for basically doing the old Wiz sound with a ATL/trap new black hipster twist so he had to go and see what that was about. He took them _’s on tour let them write him some tracks etc.

Edit: to keep it 100 I could pull bruh card a lot more it’s deeper than just radio singles man. I love Wiz music and he a cool *** _ , I ain’t even tryna talk about him like that

Point is, bruh is a blank canvas ready and willing to be manipulated and morphed into whatever. I’m a fan but it’s the truth and a lot of people in the know will tell you the same ****. His “signature sound” is a more polished industry ready version of Max B and the man will tell you that himself. His #1 marketing gimmick that pushed him over the edge into Frat parties across America came from Spitta, again he will tell you that himself :lol:

His singles are “Pop that nobody is doing” because everybody else turn them ****s down. How many _’s you think See You Again got offered to before it landed in his lap? Wale went on record himself and said he turned it down.

Face back talkin that **** again. :pimp:

93-94 Face is back
rejoice.png

I think the show is good right where it’s at..but what changes do y’all think they might try to do?

Those evergreen episodes were fire, where they discuss one topic all episode

new set for sure..

they might can add an expert guess that pops up for a few mins and talks about something specific, like an albums or songs you may have missed segment

I know a lot of people dont like Nadeska but she is good in my book. maybe expanding her role and giving her the green light to add a journalistic topic... long as its not boring

And the viewer questions are hardly ever really good.They need a better screen of the questions or just cancel that part.

joe be up there doing abreviated jokes from his podcast up there with no context

he acts like the show is rushing him but the s*** is an hour

I also hate the argue to argue angle

if it doesn’t fit or sound right move the hell on

Y’all keep sleeping if you want....but there is a segment of young, hood ***** really making waves and growing fanbases inspired by 90s & early 00s southern legends.

This type of young, street rap is on the verge of bowing up. Kodak broke through...Youngboy on his way....and that “bottom sound” bout to take over for 2018.

That snippet just made my day, that type of music needs a resurgence

Back
Top Bottom