Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

You posted ONE whole song. List some other R&B songs (male or female artists) that’ve been getting played on airwaves, within the past 3-5 years. I’m not talking these R&Rap dudes...

BTW, I love dudes like Daniel Caesar. I rarely hear people playing The Internet, Leon Bridges, etc (and I am a huge fan of them).

You’d never hear the radio playing a guy like Leon Bridges, which is ashame.

The same way these younger dudes hate on old school rap, they hate on old school R&B or soul music from the 70s and 80s.

whoa bro

lol i was agreeing with you that chicks listening to sza and cardi b and toying thru these ******

as far as r&b not being popping its not popping if you dont want it to be popping

miguel, weeknd, ty$, pnd, chris brown, etc.

thats just off top

subject matter has def changed but the music is still being made

Rosenberg snatch Post Malone's pass lol

whoa bro

lol i was agreeing with you that chicks listening to sza and cardi b and toying thru these *****s

as far as r&b not being popping its not popping if you dont want it to be popping

miguel, weeknd, ty$, pnd, chris brown, etc.

thats just off top

subject matter has def changed but the music is still being made

PND and Ty ain't R&B. Them _'s can't even sing. Weeknd switched to pop/glow stick party. I guess Chris is R&B. Miguel is R&B.

Meanwhile the black folks on ES giving dude a pass.

Straight shook my head when Ak said “and y’all gotta get off of Post”.

They both gotta get out the paint. Pick any two frequent music forum NTers and they would have a way better show

PND and Ty ain't R&B. Them _'s can't even sing. Weeknd switched to pop/glow stick party. I guess Chris is R&B. Miguel is R&B.

reaching

they arent rap nor pop

and Ty$ is talented as hell youre trippin...party’s vocals are trash lowkey but he can def create a vibe at least on his first two albums

reaching

they arent rap nor pop

and Ty$ is talented as hell youre trippin...party’s vocals are trash lowkey but he can def create a vibe at least on his first two albums
If you think Ty and PND are R&B this discussion is going nowhere. His vocals are trash but he creates a vibe? Lol

PND sounds awful. I will never understand his appeal. Miguel idk. He blurs the line at times

If you think Ty and PND are R&B this discussion is going nowhere. His vocals are trash but he creates a vibe? Lol

when you’re chilling with a chick and dont wanna play some jodeci or something similar but still wanna play some smooth **** lol PND1 and PND2 are easy listening and he helped birthed a whole genre of music perfect for that. thats what i mean by creates a vibe.

I almost wanna ask how much ty$ music have you heard to be saying he’s not R&B...PND i can see the argument be made for...he’s basically the r&b travis scott where the beats, subject matter and vocal effects hide that he’s not actually very good at singing (as is for travis and rapping)

but Ty$ has been one of the only “traditional” acts from this decade to flourish...u must have only heard the dj mustard juicy j club type records

i dont see how thats not r&b

Said this before, but i'll say it again

Brent Faiyaz
Sonder
Sabrina Claudio
Daniel Caesar
HER
Bryson Tiller (I know a lot don't think he's R&B)
PND (I know y'all don't think he's R&B either)
Miguel
DVSN
Tank
Jhene Aiko
SZA
SiR
TYus
Eric Bellinger

R&B has had a banner year this year. All kinds of dope R&B.

when you’re chilling with a chick and dont wanna play some jodeci or something similar but still wanna play some smooth **** lol PND1 and PND2 are easy listening and he helped birthed a whole genre of music perfect for that. thats what i mean by creates a vibe.

I almost wanna ask how much ty$ music have you heard to be saying he’s not R&B...PND i can see the argument be made for...he’s basically the r&b travis scott where the beats, subject matter and vocal effects hide that he’s not actually very good at singing (as is for travis and rapping)

but Ty$ has been one of the only “traditional” acts from this decade to flourish...u must have only heard the dj mustard juicy j club type records

i dont see how thats not r&b
for me when I'm with a female I wanna listen to something that sounds good. I got too much good R&B to listen to a dude that sounds trash. I listened to alot of Ty stuff, I like some of his features but again that _ can't sing, he's not a singer to me. He's another rap singy type of dude.

Funny thing is Ty made more traditional R&B back in the gap when he was in a group called Ty and Kory. Son crazy talented can play mad instruments, but that **** wasn't taking him no where so he switched it up. :lol:

Said this before, but i'll say it again

Brent Faiyaz
Sonder
Sabrina Claudio
Daniel Caesar
HER
Bryson Tiller (I know a lot don't think he's R&B)
PND (I know y'all don't think he's R&B either)
Miguel
DVSN
Tank
Jhene Aiko
SZA
SiR
TYus
Eric Bellinger

R&B has had a banner year this year. All kinds of dope R&B.

Tiller album was weak. He kinda exposed himself. He has no range with his voice.

Funny thing is Ty made more traditional R&B back in the gap when he was in a group called Ty and Kory. Son crazy talented can play mad instruments, but that **** wasn't taking him no where so he switched it up. :lol:

is that not still him on the violins and ****? son is too cold and wont be appreciated until he falls back people take the dudes who are on every hook and always on a club song for granted (Ty$, t pain)

for me when I'm with a female I wanna listen to something that sounds good. I got too much good R&B to listen to a dude that sounds trash. I listened to alot of Ty stuff, I like some of his features but again that _ can't sing, he's not a singer to me. He's another rap singy type of dude.

he’s like a less gangsta nate dogg...he has hella
rap features and rap esque songs but he gets busy on the slower songs too

his new album got some joints i aint give it a full listen

Tiller album was weak. He kinda exposed himself. He has no range with his voice.

I loved true to self but I can understand this sentiment for sure. He really is just a rapper who uses a ton of melody. But this is kind of my point. If Tiller isn't for someone, then maybe Sabrina Claudio is, or maybe Sonder or DVSN is, or maybe you like Kehlani's stuff, there's just soooo much melody infused R&B / new music out there, that if you like R&B I find it hard to believe that you can't find something that you rock with.

R&B is en vogue and it's not more popular than Rap (Duh) but it has more of a buzz to it right now. It's cool to like new R&B acts.

Back
Top Bottom