Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

the type of music chicks listen to affecting how they interact with *****s

You posted ONE whole song. List some other R&B songs (male or female artists) that’ve been getting played on airwaves, within the past 3-5 years. I’m not talking these R&Rap dudes...

BTW, I love dudes like Daniel Caesar. I rarely hear people playing The Internet, Leon Bridges, etc (and I am a huge fan of them).

You’d never hear the radio playing a guy like Leon Bridges, which is ashame.

The same way these younger dudes hate on old school rap, they hate on old school R&B or soul music from the 70s and 80s.

Where are going dudes at just hating on older r&b ? :lol:

I’m just saying, when I’m riding or just cooling out, I rarely see young dudes 18-29 playing stuff like the Isley Brother’s, teddy Pendergast, 80s artist like Atlantic Starr or Shalamar, or 90s act (Keith sweat, h-town, etc)

Usually, the dudes I see playing or nodding to those type musicians are older dudes. Like 35 and older.

But I’m 29, and I still play music like the Isley Brother’s or Earth Wind and Fire and Peabo Bryson.

I mainly hear young dudes listening to strictly rap.
I live in Fort Lauderdale, FL, for reference

Who hurt you numbah1grimey numbah1grimey ? :lol:

The way you talk about women sometimes...and project what you THINK dudes relationships with women are like sometimes leads me to believe you hover hand even more than those pics.

You be making wild assumptions about “simping” and other ****, seemingly out the blue regarding any random subject. Projecting much?

It’s just strange how a lot of your posts are “these dudes are ____”.....compared to you. The ultimate, know it all “ladies man” :lol:.

You gotta chill dugg...

Rnb is probably the only thing I’ll admit is just unmatched from back in the days...2000s rnb and prior is :pimp: :pimp:

Usher is one of the goats IMO. And he has hella heat in the early 2000s. Ginuwine too. After that era idk what happened.

But yeah whoever said it’s not popular among younger dudes is right. ****** think they too hard for that nowadays

HER is real dope. I really liked SZA. Daniel Caesar was cool. Khalid’s album was trash. I was real hype because I liked his single a lot but **** that album.

I also think it’s becoming trendy to like “R&B”. I know mad people tell me they like SZA and Caesar but these cats don’t listen to R&B and they don’t even listen to SZA or Caesar.

Last edited:
R&B is alive and well. If you're relying on the radio to tell you who to listen to...you're missing out on some pretty good contemporary r&b artists.

I need that list then!

I’m still jamming oldies. There’s a difference between oldies and R&B.

Rnb is probably the only thing I’ll admit is just unmatched from back in the days...2000s rnb and prior is :pimp: :pimp:

Usher is one of the goats IMO. And he has hella heat in the early 2000s. Ginuwine too. After that era idk what happened.

But yeah whoever said it’s not popular among younger dudes is right. *****s think they too hard for that nowadays

Makes sense, as they don't care for women much

Some of these R&B dudes now can barely sing. Even with all the studio tricks.

HER is real dope. I really liked SZA. Daniel Caesar was cool. Khaled’s album was trash. I was real hype because I liked his single a lot but **** that album.

I also think it’s becoming trendy to like “R&B”. I know mad people tell me they like SZA and Caesar but these cats don’t listen to R&B and they don’t even listen to SZA or Caesar.

What Khaled got do with R&B bruh? lol

Sza and HER are DEFINITELY trendy amongst a certain subset of people.

I’ll tell you what...if you walk in a chick house and she got one of them playing...you in for a night of FUN.

Pro tip :pimp:

Who hurt you numbah1grimey numbah1grimey ? :lol:

The way you talk about women sometimes...and project what you THINK dudes relationships with women are like sometimes leads me to believe you hover hand even more than those pics.

You be making wild assumptions about “simping” and other ****, seemingly out the blue regarding any random subject. Projecting much?

It’s just strange how a lot of your posts are “these dudes are ____”.....compared to you. The ultimate, know it all “ladies man” :lol:.

You gotta chill dugg...

Maaaaannnnn gone somewhere bruh :lol::lol::lol:

I just like getting under people’s skin, cause I know they get heated. I been riling feathers my whole life. But, I am smooth with the ladies. It’s in my bloodline broski

@str8drop posted a really good list of current R&B acts in this thread not that long ago. Can’t find it at the moment.

My personal favorite right now is Brent Faiyaz. Sounds like str8 late 90s/early 2000s R&B and his pen is about to be the most coveted in the game real soon.

Daniel Caesar has the best RnB album of the year. H.E.R is cool too. SZA is my baby.

I listen to all types of music.. Kompa (Haitian Music), rap, RnB, funk

I might ride around to James Brown, Roberta Flack, Earth Wind & Fire, Barry White, Bobby Womack and change it to Alan Cave (Haitian Music), change it to Sam Cooke, then listen to Nas, then listen to Uncle Murda.

Some of the old school rap in the 80s (stuff aside from the obvious party records) might not move me like it would for people who are 30+ but I can respect those who paved the way.

Back
Top Bottom