Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

That vid of Ashanti giving a fan or backup dancer a lap dance then telling the dude in the crowd "don't throw money at me like I'm a ****ing stripper" is hilarious

Her response on the show was ****in stupid. Strippers dress like that at work and outside of work (of course not all strippers) For you to be dressed like that and grinding on a man, I don't see the issue with people throwing money at you.

Ashanti must have checked these ****** in the pre-production meeting...they all quiet. ****** ain't even dap each other. :lol:

Is this the temperature the whole show?

Her response on the show was ****in stupid. Strippers dress like that at work and outside of work (of course not all strippers) For you to be dressed like that and grinding on a man, I don't see the issue with people throwing money at you.

Dancing like a stripper in a stripper costume but not a stripper?? She lost her mind

To steer the convo back to the title point..
How do y'all sit through the whole ES show of Joe Budden?

I swear that guys mumbles every time he talks until AK pissed him off.

Last edited:

Dancing like a stripper in a stripper costume but not a stripper?? She lost her mind

fredo.png

Not changing ****, you just said when you were young the rap that got the most attention was trash. When I was a kid, the Rap that got the most attention was far from trash.

I'm 24. I don't even have to have been growing up in the 90s to know the mainstream shifted from how things ran then compared to the 2000s. Quality could survive on the radio then. Things shifted, and for a long *** time now, quality took a back seat to what the mainstream favors now. Which is the easily digestible **** we hear on the radio today. And that's still how things work now. The lesser quality **** shines while what's quality gets the backseat. Which goes back to my original point and what I been saying ever since this thread started. Your type of hip hop is out there. Find it and support it. What's most talked about isn't representative of all the quality out there.

Joe's pod is easily a top listen for me just because they talk on things I wanna hear about. Joe can be over the top at times but the other 3 do a good enough job balancing.

To steer the convo back to the title point..

How y'all manage to sit through a whole podcast of Joe Budden?

I swear that guys mumbles every time he talks until AK pissed him off.

Joe is different on the podcast. He cuts into topics deeper than ES does, and its funnier.

the type of music chicks listen to affecting how they interact with *****s

Yea the girls at my school eat this **** up and call themselves free spirits, and just be ******* anyone :lol:

Joe on the podcast is much better. He has more freedom. Doesn't have Nebraska complaining and whining and Rory is trash but he's more mature than Ak. I would prefer if it was just him, Mal and Ice though.

I download illegally from certain sites and I still buy CDs if I like the album. I bought 112, Chris Brown, SZA, Musiq and Bruno all this month.
1. Had no idea 112 dropped an album, need to find that ASAP
2. Musiq is one of the most consistent dudes out, in any genre of music. I dont think I've ever heard a terrible album from him

While were at it I saw Nate Dogg and T-Pain mentioned, if their considered R&B is Future as well?

1. Had no idea 112 dropped an album, need to find that ASAP
2. Musiq is one of the most consistent dudes out, in any genre of music. I dont think I've ever heard a terrible album from him

While were at it I saw Nate Dogg and T-Pain mentioned, if their considered R&B is Future as well?

The husel would like to have a word with you

And nah. Future can't be considered r&b. I don't even consider nate dogg and pain pure r&b. They blur the lines

Nah man, not at all.

But if you wanna discuss anything with people who know what they're talking about and you don't know your history, you're going to get laughed out of the conversation. You're entitled to listen to what you want, and prefer what you want, but generally speaking if you don't know the history (of any subject) how can you speak with any confidence?

No no no. Y’all are changing what I said...I’ve LISTENED TO IT. I’ve heard it. I’ve digested it. It’s not what I play. I don’t listen to it on the daily. Some of the stuff I even heard too many times :lol: while growing up. I shouldn’t HAVE to listen to old artists every day to talk about music. Because i don’t listen to kool moe d every day means I dont know about music? Lmao.

How is making songs about love “limited”, when love songs dominated from like 1940s - 2000s? But I guess rapping about drugs ain’t redundant either...

MrWaves is a goof. Pianist still play Bethoveen notes, but dude died like 500 years ago. But he (Waves) can’t go back 10, 20, or 30 years to listen to someone like Kool Moe D or Slick Rick. Waves is 24 years old, right? You only 5 years younger than me, you a joke bruh, lmao

:lol: you’re 29 and that bitter?

Y’all are funny, you’re assuming because one doesn’t want to listen to nas all day that he doesn’t have knowledge of nas or know about hip hop :lol: I know plenty and I’ve heard plenty.

That’s not what I CHOOSE to listen to. I PREFER my generation of artists.

If you see that as an issue or don’t “respect” insight from one who excercises their choice to listen to what they want to then you are just as bad. Makes literally no sense

The husel would like to have a word with you

And nah. Future can't be considered r&b. I don't even consider nate dogg and pain pure r&b. They blur the lines

I thought he was joking like Brian McKnight, then I realized he wasnt joking like Brian McKnight :stoneface: . I'm glad he got back to singing but I skipped right over that.

I aint the biggest Future fan but alot of the songs I hear from him sound like he's singing. Now content aside, you still consider him a straight rapper even though he sings?

112 album dope

Musiq is good and it’s a double album.

He tried the rap **** because R&B wasn’t selling. His previous album didn’t sell so he switched it up. It wasn’t bad but I didn’t want to hear that from him.

I thought he was joking like Brian McKnight, then I realized he wasnt joking like Brian McKnight :stoneface: . I'm glad he got back to singing but I skipped right over that.

I aint the biggest Future fan but alot of the songs I hear from him sound like he's singing. Now content aside, you still consider him a straight rapper even though he sings?

Just depends on what song he makes. I just call him a rapper who sings because the majority of his catolougue still rap dominated. I guess you could call him and a majority of these ****** melodic rappers.

The weeknd I would call a singer who raps sometimes . He sings but there's a number of songs where he's delivering his lines like a rapper or just rapping in a singing type way. Still a singer tho.

No no no. Y’all are changing what I said...I’ve LISTENED TO IT. I’ve heard it. I’ve digested it. It’s not what I play. I don’t listen to it on the daily. Some of the stuff I even heard too many times :lol: while growing up. I shouldn’t HAVE to listen to old artists every day to talk about music. Because i don’t listen to kool moe d every day means I dont know about music? Lmao.

That’s not what I CHOOSE to listen to. I PREFER my generation of artists.
Fair enough, my mistake then.:lol:

No Kool Moe Dee slander, though. Wild Wild West is a classic.:lol:

112 album dope

Musiq is good and it’s a double album.

He tried the rap **** because R&B wasn’t selling. His previous album didn’t sell so he switched it up. It wasn’t bad but I didn’t want to hear that from him.
I guess R&B got hit worst with the rise of streaming compared to other genre's. Mainstream R&B has been in a weird place, especially the radio, in the last 6 or 7 years. I try to avoid the radio at all costs but I will admit I haven't heard a Musiq song in ages over the air waves. Even on straight R&B stations, I guess its cause his songs aren't necessarily dance centric. I cant knock him for experimenting though, just glad he realized that sound didnt fit him

Back
Top Bottom