Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I have seen people flame him for everything he said, good thing I was speaking from my own experience and encounters. Cause if I was speaking from yours I would have been wrong.

Glad we confirmed how we got to the previous convo

Thats exactly what I said, you initially claimed the flame was for not listening.

Lonzo comments is just the thoughts of a young naive ***** who thinks that hiphop only revolves around 18-25 yr olds. Hiphop has grown & reached new demographics & has heightened it's overall content, So Adults are now growing with hiphop rather then abandoning it for other Genre's.

So while maybe 18 yr olds don'twanna hear much of Nas or Jay, there's millions of people 25+ who do & will continue to support. So "nobody" listens to Nas is a foolish statement, Nas ain't hot is a foolish statement... any new nas record is gonna draw as much traction & attention as any of these newer aged models, only difference will be how & where it's consumed

Ya'll can try to explain what Lonzo meant but he said what he said "Real is Migos and Future!" he's basically saying to him Nas ain't. Maybe he was trolling I don't know but teens say dumb **** like that cuz they really don't know what they're talking about. To some of them hip hop starts with Carter 3.

post 2003*

I know others but I don’t care for anything before that time period. They cool but I’m not gonna break my back to go reaching in the past. We got enough goats in my era I’m good

:lol: Example right here.

Can't take certain peoples opinions on hip hop serious. Just laugh at them and keep it moving.

That Future hook on Stand Up from that Freddie on elm street tape sound like he recorded that like 5 years ago. Reminded me of Racks

Last edited:
Lol I’ve heard all of Old goats jay, nas, pac, common, etc catalogs.
Hell I’ve even heard a Big L album not by choice :lol:
I don’t listen to them like that. I don’t have to either...they ain’t in my rotation...I don’t understand why that’s a problem. What is there to not understand about it ? If I wanna listen to what I grew up on and appreciate that I can. Ain’t nothing wrong with that :lol: these old cats got some younger dudes scared to praise their own generation smh

Lol I’ve heard all of Old goats jay, nas, pac, common, etc catalogs.
Hell I’ve even heard a Big L album not by choice :lol:
I don’t listen to them like that. I don’t have to either...they ain’t in my rotation...I don’t understand why that’s a problem. What is there to not understand about it ? If I wanna listen to what I grew up on and appreciate that I can. Ain’t nothing wrong with that :lol: these old cats got some younger dudes scared to praise their own generation smh
By all means you 100% can do that, but know that people aren't going to respect your opinion on nearly anything Hip Hop.:lol:

F4FC3D87-B77E-4E9C-9CFB-401598D7E492.jpeg

So you HAVE to listen to old **** on the regular to be respected

Hilarious

You gotta do your homework when it comes to Hip Hop if you want to discuss it. I was always interested even back when I was young to go back and hear Rap from the late 80s to the early 90s. If you don't listen to the old **** then you won't get respected because you don't know ****. I'm 30 and most of my boys didn't know any of the songs when NWA's movie came out. I knew every song and most of the words because I went back and listened to it when I was like 8-9. I love music and I love Hip Hop so I want to know as much as I can.

Ashanti was wack as ****. You could tell the whole time she was on edge like she wanted to start something but didn't have **** to start.

And it was funny she was trying to say that Rain On Me song was about domestic violence but then kept saying the video was so the song wasn't about domestic violence. Because you shot a DV video doesn't make the song about DV.

It's cold as hell out here for Ashanti which I don't like because Ashanti can sing and has dope music but she acting like she hot out here. I like that they kind of said no one wants to hear you with Ty $ and Mustard. She's also put out music over the years that no one checked.

We need to be honest here...Nobody is checking out any R&B artist now.

R&B, LOVE SONGS...Dead, B.

Breaks my heart.

It's out there but the REAL R&B is very hard to find and that **** isn't selling at all. The "new R&B" sounds like rap today. The lyrics, flows and beats.

Ashanti could drop this month and most R&B fans and women wouldn't care.

F4FC3D87-B77E-4E9C-9CFB-401598D7E492.jpeg

So you HAVE to listen to old **** on the regular to be respected

Hilarious
Nah man, not at all.

But if you wanna discuss anything with people who know what they're talking about and you don't know your history, you're going to get laughed out of the conversation. You're entitled to listen to what you want, and prefer what you want, but generally speaking if you don't know the history (of any subject) how can you speak with any confidence?

When discussing anything you'd want to brush up on your history if you want to really get deep into details but it's not necessary.

We need to be honest here...Nobody is checking out any R&B artists now.

R&B, LOVE SONGS...Dead, B.

Breaks my heart.

It's the genres fault. R&B had very little innovation, and the subject matter is extremely limited.

It's the genres fault. R&B had very little innovation, and the subject matter is extremely limited.

I disagree, it's similar to the issues with Rap. The lyrics for R&B and Rap have gone to ****. The sound has gone to ****. They've both been dumbed down. People don't have the attention span. They don't want to hear a nice slow ballad about something meaningful. They want to hear an upbeat song that you can play on snapchat or on IG live and have fun.

I'm a Ty $ fan but all that **** sounds the same after awhile. His voice ain't the greatest either but it's good enough. The song Ashanti did with him, sounds like some Beach House **** we've heard before.

Tank is one of my all time favorites but that new album was very average. Felt like he was trying too hard to chase the sound of today. From the beats to the lyrics. I was disappointed. I wish he would just stay true to his sound. "Nothing On" though, smh. One of my favorite songs of the year.

Last edited:
Tank is one of my all time favorites but that new album was very average. Felt like he was trying too hard to chase the sound of today. From the beats to the lyrics. I was disappointed. I wish he would just stay true to his sound. "Nothing On" though, smh. One of my favorite songs of the year.

This...

Maxwell needs to drop something. REAL TALK.

Back
Top Bottom