Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Again....look at the damn video :lol:. Context is everything man. Not only that...it was edited. I’ll break it down for you.

-The camera guy tells Lonzo their goal is to have him listen to “real hip hop” by the time they're done shooting.

-Lonzo tells the camera guy, “that’s not going to happen”. Y’all outdated. Nobody listens to Nas anymore”....(acknowledging that Nas IS “real hip hop”)

-The scene then CUTS to Lonzo randomly spurting....”real hip hop is Migos, Future”.

-Fin

So both Nas and Migos/Future are real hip hop to Lonzo. Nas, is just the “outdated one that nobody listens to” to LONZO. It’s real simple man. Step outside yourself for a minute.

How does that acknowledge Nas place within the genre? All that says is he's not popular, which I already mentioned. If what your saying is true then why did he specify real hip hop in his next statement?

Also I already saw that video, no need for you to keep going back to it. We know what the **** he said

Little ***** could of avoided alot of those responses by just saying "hot" or "lit" or some ****. Implying Nas aint real hip-hop is a insult to the genre itself

I know your point, but comparing it to the late 70's and 80's rap isn't comparable. Rap then didn't fit because it was a more simplified word usage, beat and flow. Rap had evolved. Nas is the opposite of that. His lyricism is timeless like James Baldwin. It doesn't matter when he grew up.

I agree with this. THATS the critism that maybe Lonzo should receive. But people ran with the false narrative that he said a guy like Nas that is 100% hip hop...ISNT hip hop. People just wanted to be outraged.

But anyway...Real Hip Hop recognizes Real Hip Hop

https://www.bet.com/news/music/2016...en-a--big-fan--of-future-for-a-while.amp.html

http://djbooth.net/mobile/feature-amp/2016-05-19-nas-fan-of-future

:pimp:

How does that acknowledge Nas place within the genre? All that says is he's not popular, which I already mentioned. If what your saying is true then why did he specify real hip hop in his next statement?

Also I already saw that video, no need for you to keep going back to it. We know what the **** he said

Because the Camera man told Zo that his “goal was to have Zo listen to real hip hop”....and Lonzo’s IMMEDIATE response was....”y’all outdated. nobody listens to Nas anymore”

So if you’re following (which shouldn’t be that hard to do)...he’s implying that Nas is in that category of “real hip hop” that “nobody listens to” anymore.

It’s real simple man :lol:.

I agree with this. THATS the critism that maybe Lonzo should receive. But people ran with the false narrative that he said a guy like Nas that is 100% hip hop...ISNT hip hop. People just wanted to be outraged.

But anyway...Real Hip Hop recognizes Real Hip Hop

https://www.bet.com/news/music/2016...en-a--big-fan--of-future-for-a-while.amp.html

http://djbooth.net/mobile/feature-amp/2016-05-19-nas-fan-of-future

:pimp:

I still think he was out of line but I agree that them videos people we're making about lonzo for that comment were a lil too much, he's just a kid being a kid.

Because the Camera man told Zo that his “goal was to have Zo listen to real hip hop”....and Lonzo’s IMMEDIATE response was....”y’all outdated. nobody listens to Nas anymore”

So if you’re following (which shouldn’t be that hard to do)...he’s implying that Nas is in that category of “real hip hop” that “nobody listens to” anymore.

It’s real simple man :lol:.
Again, why did Lonzo say Real Hip-Hop? What did the camera man say or do to make Lonzo believe that what he listens too (Future and Migos) isn't real hip-hop. Is it because those weren't the first rappers they mentioned to him? Outrage is a strong word, most of the responses to his comments were jokes (that I saw atleast). If he would of clarified his comments (which he did later on) the outrage you speak of would of been avoided.

Again, why did Lonzo say Real Hip-Hop? What did the camera man say or do to make Lonzo believe that what he listens too (Future and Migos) isn't real hip-hop. Is it because those weren't the first rappers they mentioned to him? Outrage is a strong word, most of the responses to his comments were jokes (that I saw atleast). If he would of clarified his comments (which he did later on) the outrage you speak of would of been avoided.

He said it because the interviewer said it. I think you're making a big deal out of this.

He said it because the interviewer said it. I think you're making a big deal out of this.
I'm not making a big deal out of anything, I didn't even bring this topic up. I responded to a post, then I got a response, and now where here. I just dont understand how someone saying "My goal is to get you to listen to real hip hop, here's Nas" makes someone think it automatically disqualifies who ever they listen too from an entire genre.

Can't be mad at a dudes hip hop ideas who just turned 20. It's like getting on delete1234 delete1234 for only knowing post-2009 rap.
Not mad just confused, when I was 20 and if someone tried to put me onto an older rapper or singer. That wouldn't make me think the people I listen to currently are less official or fake.

Not mad just confused, when I was 20 and if someone tried to put me onto an older rapper or singer. That wouldn't make me think the people I listen to currently are less official or fake.

That’s not what he implied at all. But nvm man. You gon see it how you want :lol:

Can't be mad at a dudes hip hop ideas who just turned 20. It's like getting on delete1234 delete1234 for only knowing post-2009 rap.

post 2003*

I know others but I don’t care for anything before that time period. They cool but I’m not gonna break my back to go reaching in the past. We got enough goats in my era I’m good

I'm not making a big deal out of anything, I didn't even bring this topic up. I responded to a post, then I got a response, and now where here. I just dont understand how someone saying "My goal is to get you to listen to real hip hop, here's Nas" makes someone think it automatically disqualifies who ever they listen too from an entire genre.

Eh, you kinda did. I know I mentioned how when Lonzo mentioned he wasn't listening to Nas dudes was flamin' him but today the idea that a young kid listening to Jay Z was too far fetched and understood. Which you inquired about how he defined Nas within hip hop

Eh, you kinda did. I know I mentioned how when Lonzo mentioned he wasn't listening to Nas dudes was flamin' him but today the idea that a young kid listening to Jay Z was too far fetched and understood. Which you inquired about how he defined Nas within hip hop
I didn't see the name Lonzo in this thread until you mentioned him. You also claimed dudes flamed him for not listening. The people I saw commenting on him were upset with the real hip hop comment. I wasn't responding to your Jay-Z comment at all.

I didn't see the name Lonzo in this thread until you mentioned him. You also claimed dudes flamed him for not listening. The people I saw commenting on him were upset with the real hip hop comment. I wasn't responding to your Jay-Z comment at all.

I mention his name and you, seems like admittedly, took a left and decided to discuss his take on Nas?

I mention his name and you, seems like admittedly, took a left and decided to discuss his take on Nas?
Because what you said wasn't entirely accurate? People weren't flaming him just for not listening (I dont agree with that), it was his comments after that also.

tenor.gif

I have seen people flame him for everything he said, good thing I was speaking from my own experience and encounters. Cause if I was speaking from yours I would have been wrong.

Glad we confirmed how we got to the previous convo

Back
Top Bottom