Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Hov on Smooth Rick Ross type production....

Sign
Me
Up!

The production on Rather You Than Me was GREAT aside from the dated, forced 2 song, 2010 lex Luger sounding sequence :lol:.

I think he talking about It's a vibe. I wouldn't wanna hear Jay talking bout "That's vibe... That's vibe". lol Chainz works doing that cuz he has a young energy.

No ID's production is perfect for Jay. I wanna hear get back with Premmo and Bink.

I think he talking about It's a vibe. I wouldn't wanna hear Jay talking bout "That's vibe... That's vibe". lol Chainz works doing that cuz he has a young energy.

No ID's production is perfect for Jay. I wanna hear get back with Premmo and Bink.
Just-Blaze-chains-iced-out-ps2-controller-lrg-halloween-hoodie.jpg

Or
ski-beatz-drum-kits-sale.jpg

why should Jay try to be like fab when he's way bigger than fab

he's bigger than fab cuz he got time in, not cuz he's been "killing it"..

last album da streets felt was American Gangster.

after that everything been a "rig" so he's insulated from how folks really feel about him.

that's why those unsold concert tix were so telling cuz its a rare barometer to how da public still feels about Jay-Z.

Ninja why would 14-18 year old listen to a 47 year old rapper they weren't born or they were toddlers when ether came out. He's not for them, and that's cool because everyone has their own generation.

How about this, tell me what 45+ year old rapper would a 14-18 year old enjoy listening too? No one

Kanye is 40-41 and i see him being still in his current tastemaker position until at least the end of the decade

Chainz had a very good album too. Door swanging :pimp:.

Both Ross and Chainz have found a way to stay true to themselves, provide lyrical content while still being relevant and not being dated.....and most importantly....on GREAT production.

Ross, Chainz, Juicy J and now it seems like Gucci too are the blueprint for mainstream rappers aging gracefully and still keeping their young fanbases.

Wonder they’re all gonna fare as they get deeper into their 40’s and for some of em, approach 50.

Jay absolutely should not do anything Fab does

two totally different lanes

Jay is cool where he’s at. Dude is almost 50 he not supposed to be what the young ****** bumping. If you’re 40+ there’s no shame in people under 25 not caring or playing you music.

Ross, Chainz, Juicy J and now it seems like Gucci too are the blueprint for mainstream rappers aging gracefully and still keeping their young fanbases.

Wonder they’re all gonna fare as they get deeper into their 40’s and for some of em, approach 50.

Yep. All of them have a fresh sound without compromising their style.

I thought everyone knew that the rap game is full of midlife crisis dudes :lol:

Birdman is like 50 bruh. Y’all favorite rappers is in their mid 30’s or already in their 40’s...

Like hov said 30 is the new 20. And 40 is the new 30. 40 isn’t old.

Juicy j is certified TRASH!!!

Ninja why would 14-18 year old listen to a 47 year old rapper they weren't born or they were toddlers when ether came out. He's not for them, and that's cool because everyone has their own generation.

How about this, tell me what 45+ year old rapper would a 14-18 year old enjoy listening too? No one

Is this true for all music genres or just rap?

The GFK slander needs to chill...

Homey brought us too much classics..

That audiobook album was legendary...

He held down Wu while Rae and Meth were releasing garbage

When someone dies at 40 do you expect it?

You say, well they lived a long and fruitfull life?

Umm yeah.

People die younger than that b.

Ppl outchea dying of heart attacks in their 30’s...

Life expectancy of a black male is 71. You half way there :lol:

Umm yeah.

People die younger than that b.

Ppl outchea dying of heart attacks in their 30’s...

Life expectancy of a black male is 71. You half way there :lol:

So that's another 30 years, yet, you're old at 40?

It's funny how young people think and don't realize how stupid it is.

Folks flamed Lonzo Ball for saying nobody listening to Nas but now young dudes ain't supposed to be listening to old Jay Z albums smh

Jay doesn't and didn't need to drop another album ever again and to me he shouldn't. He's doing what he should be doing by making business moves and setting an example on what do after rap. I kinda like seeing dudes sign to Roc Nation, I'd like to see Hov build up a label to compete with the current bigs. It's one of those things that OGs missed out on doing, setting up labels to help protect and cultivate newer artists and preserve hip hop.

Back
Top Bottom