Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

IMO Wale’s better than some of those people in that class. But his antics (complex phone call, wrestle matches, etc) have caused people to view him in a certain light. Whereas he could’ve been seen as one of the dopest emcees out, there’s the growing debate that son isn’t really that dope AND he whines/complains a lot/isn’t appreciative of the fans/success he’s got.

TAAN still the best album of 2015. :smokin

On the topic of 4:44 up for the Grammys, Moonlight should of been the song up over 4:44. The song along with the video is just impactful IMO.

DPqvu28W0AAoBAr.jpg:large

Bro this cover has me in tears (they ain't have to do my guy Danny like that tho, he got the look but that ***** Is EONS ahead of these other cats in talent)

Reading the comments to Complex tweeting this was even more hilarious

dope *** cover :lol:

i was like "wait...JR writer?!"

JR was locked for a minute a year or two ago

and Joe and Ak need to stop discussing Em. Too bad Meek's lawyer isn't as good as Joe at defending someone.

Maybe the their album is going to come out eventually or the check was huge.

People mad at Jay-z for bragging/pretentiousness/arrogance during the social media, “look at me”, narcissistic era we live in right now, and I don’t understand it. I swear people really are brainless nowadays.

The album was decent, and delivered for Jay-Z fans. People who were never fans, I get their displeasure.

Jay ain’t doing anything different, than modern day emcees. But, because it’s Jay-Z, it’s a problem

Wale is not the most underperforming, he's the most unappreciated.

TAAN >

IMO Wale’s better than some of those people in that class. But his antics (complex phone call, wrestle matches, etc) have caused people to view him in a certain light. Whereas he could’ve been seen as one of the dopest emcees out, there’s the growing debate that son isn’t really that dope AND he whines/complains a lot/isn’t appreciative of the fans/success he’s got.

TAAN still the best album one of the best albums of 2015. :smokin

All this. Wale is a dickhead often but musically dude is under-appreciated. Meanwhile people always mentioning Cole in the same sentence as Drake and Kendrick but this dude dropped one hot album his whole career :lol:. He has the persona, sales, pub, respect and critical acclaim of a guy that should have a waaaaaay better catalog than he does. Weird

I think both of 'em have under performed but I still play FHS. I don't play any Wale project. Got nothing to do with personality, he can rap but dude music just ain't that good.

I bet those 90's cats wished they moved different, now they all signing to roc nation :lol:

170118-Fat-Joe-IG-800x600.jpg

jay-z-lox-roc-nation.jpg

u not getting it...Jay-Z almost dont seem human to new rap fans now, he's been standoffish since forever...and kiddies don't like that Messiah-esque persona he got, and god KNOWS they resent EVERYTIME there's a rapper they really like all us OG's will pour cold water on their ish and say..

"they'll never be as good as Jay-Z, Nas, etc"

imagine telling a 14-18 yr old dude now anytime they think someone is FIRE its automatically "Jigga would make it embarrassing for him to rap"

then they listen to 4:44 and come away THOROUGHLY disappointed and resentment festers. :lol:

Ninja why would 14-18 year old listen to a 47 year old rapper they weren't born or they were toddlers when ether came out. He's not for them, and that's cool because everyone has their own generation.

How about this, tell me what 45+ year old rapper would a 14-18 year old enjoy listening too? No one

Ninja why would 14-18 year old listen to a 47 year old rapper they weren't born or they were toddlers when ether came out. He's not for them, and that's cool because everyone has their own generation.

How about this, tell me what 45+ year old rapper would a 14-18 year old enjoy listening too? No one

They outchea listening to 2 Chainz and Rick Ross...

Then dudes are in their 40’s

Ninja why would 14-18 year old listen to a 47 year old rapper they weren't born or they were toddlers when ether came out

cuz da music is undeniably good...da white young folks still slobbering on da beetles & Bruce Springsteen.

Harlem World singles STILL get played on da radio now and kids know them songs.

it would behoove Jay-Z to acclimate and ingratiate himself da way Fabolous has to da new era, while still keeping true to himself.

I think both of 'em have under performed but I still play FHS. I don't play any Wale project. Got nothing to do with personality, he can rap but dude music just ain't that good.

Yeah I'm opposite, Cole got a couple tracks + 2014 FHD and that's about it, Wale got a library of **** I rock with.

Q-tip has accomplished way too much & is respected to much by his own community to really still be pissed about a grammy.

Seriously. They give the grammy's too much power even after they've shown over and over again that they don't know **** about hip hop and the voting process is flawed. **** is goofy

Call me late but when was Kast's last album?

GFK actually still drops heat and has shown no decay in skill or decline in flow.
I'll never let a statue tell me how nice I am. (c) Phife

They did get snubbed tho...album just came out too long ago and the *****s with ballots forgot.

Dude got that Spike Lee movie score in the background :lol:

Never seen Tip like this. Some real BK/Queens **** here :lol:

Got a legit beef but should've been knew the Grammys been weaksauce.

I wonder if LL will get out of Hollywood mode for a quick 16 ****ting on the Grammys for his acceptance speech? :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom