Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The GFK slander needs to chill...

Homey brought us too much classics..

That audiobook album was legendary...

Who slandered Ghost? He in my top 10 all time. However Pretty Tony, Big Doe Rehab, Twelve Reasons PT 2 ehhhh.

All of Outkast albums great from southerplayalistic to SB/TLB

cuz da music is undeniably good...da white young folks still slobbering on da beetles & Bruce Springsteen.

Harlem World singles STILL get played on da radio now and kids know them songs.

it would behoove Jay-Z to acclimate and ingratiate himself da way Fabolous has to da new era, while still keeping true to himself.

Some of those songs that may help Loso acclimate and ingratiate himself to the newer generation suck though. Perfect example being the Future record from the Friday on Elm Street. Again I understand why he does it, but songs like those suck

Wildin' the Pretty Toney album is great, Tush with Missy the only bad thing about that album.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

"Tell shorty in the front that her *** too big, she back it up on me then she let me live, cant eat that cause theirs no relationship, hit you from the back the next day you call in sick"

That **** grew on me I swear but I love that album regardless

Are you guys saying that 2 chainz and Rick Ross are bigger artist than Jay?

Drake and Kendrick are way bigger than Jay, tity boi and Ross aren't

cuz da music is undeniably good...da white young folks still slobbering on da beetles & Bruce Springsteen.

it would behoove Jay-Z to acclimate and ingratiate himself da way Fabolous has to da new era, while still keeping true to himself.

Why in the hell would Jay be sitting here ingratiating himself into the "new era".. the new era of rap fans don't even care about lyrics in a song for the most part & it would surely hurt the music. With that said the young people who do appreciate certain aspects of rap still listen to him & he still holds the attention of his core fan base which is Huge.

He has 20+ years in this & is a Superstar, certain guys like him & Nas don't have to Adjust to the climate, the climate adjust to them. Imagine Hov tryna engage a ***** who bumping Uzi all day, there's very little jay can do musically to connect with that kid that won't be utter trash.

This doesn't make sense, why should Jay try to be like fab when he's way bigger than fab. That's like telling drake he should be like lil uzi

Big Dogs still outchea in tune, and dropping good sounding joints. It’s possible.

Imagine Jay at 47 years old and his stature & skillset still doing tracks like this tho.... this ain't never been the vibe of his music, so for him to be twenty years in trying to fit in with the new generation is ******* nuts. Hell hardcore jay fans critiqued him on 4:44 for not flowing as good as before, or not packing in as much wordplay despite having great content. in order to be on the wavelength of the average 14-18 year old listener, he would pretty much have to not be himself AT ALL

Breh did you not pay attention to ninjas talking points?

Hell no. It’s Ninja :lol:.....

On another note...I’m still waiting on THIS.

C6E97547-559F-4168-AAED-FC61C7E2DE33.jpeg

Sometimes.....I think a lot of Golden Era rappers go to some of the newer hot producers with the expectations that they’ll either make a “trap record” or “club record”. When guys like Zay, Metro and even Mike Will have way more diversity than they are given credit for. We saw how fresh some of the production on DAMN was with some of these newer producers on there. Instead of “recapturing” a Sound....go to these guys and let them make a sound.

***** a time surprised that Metro produces this.

And we all know Zay Keys Sound great...and Hov can rap well over almost anything. Could see Hov doing this justice.

Imagine Jay at 47 years old and his stature & skillset still doing tracks like this tho.... this ain't never been the vibe of his music, so for him to be twenty years in trying to fit in with the new generation is ****ing nuts. Hell hardcore jay fans critiqued him on 4:44 for not flowing as good as before, or not packing in as much wordplay despite having great content. in order to be on the wavelength of the average 14-18 year old listener, he would pretty much have to not be himself AT ALL

Hov on Smooth Rick Ross type production....

Sign
Me
Up!

The production on Rather You Than Me was GREAT aside from the dated, forced 2 song, 2010 lex Luger sounding sequence :lol:.

does he really? Jay is already highly regarded as the goat/ the og/ the big homie of rap

He don’t need to do that or any of the moves that older artist have to do to get a wave. See Em floppin with a Beyoncé feature lol

The man just killed the Grammy noms with a rap album at the age of 47...

Back
Top Bottom