Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Dame should take that one final L gracefully and sign with Roc Nation

Some respect please. This ***** son has his own cookies.
Son really said his son has cookies like that was something to brag about. He’s so insecure. Prob fuming at how successful hov is. Fake lost Rachel Roy too. :rofl:Then he tried to mess over spitta. Dame was messing with Jim Jones for a min and trying to promote him. It prob kills him that he signed w roc nation.

dame was exposing people like harvey weinstein

he was fighting against the people others are dying to protect

some appreciate the work and others fear for their career

Folks flamed Lonzo Ball for saying nobody listening to Nas but now young dudes ain't supposed to be listening to old Jay Z albums smh

Jay doesn't and didn't need to drop another album ever again and to me he shouldn't. He's doing what he should be doing by making business moves and setting an example on what do after rap. I kinda like seeing dudes sign to Roc Nation, I'd like to see Hov build up a label to compete with the current bigs. It's one of those things that OGs missed out on doing, setting up labels to help protect and cultivate newer artists and preserve hip hop.

Unless I'm mistaken didnt he say "Nas aint hip-hop"? I dont care how young he is or how not "lit" Nas isn't, he is and will forever be hip-hop. Record sales, streams, or radio play cant take that away from him. It sickens me that hip-hop wants to impose an age limit on MC's while alot of the other genre's dont.

Unless I'm mistaken didnt he say "Nas aint hip-hop"? I dont care how young he is or how not "lit" Nas isn't, he is and will forever be hip-hop. Record sales, streams, or radio play cant take that away from him. It sickens me that hip-hop wants to impose an age limit on MC's while alot of the other genre's dont.

No YOU mistakened him....and a lot of hip hop purist just wanted to be offended by a young *****. He never said “Nas ISNT” hip hop....

He simply said....”nobody my age listens to Nas anymore”. The interviewer asked him why he doesn’t listen to “real hip hop”, like Nas....and he said he listens to “real hip hop”. Future and Migos are “real hip hop” to him.

People took what he said entirely out of context....and ran with it :lol:.

Lonzo SHOULD listen to Nas though. Nas is timeless.

Is this true for all music genres or just rap?

He held down Wu while Rae and Meth were releasing garbage

only-built-4-cuban-linx-pt-ii-504f3aabc6ea8.jpg

Rae had few duds but since this came out he's been batting 1000

I stopped ******* with Dame once I saw him say he only wears white tees once.

Yeah, Rae turned the corner, because he was about to be U-God and I was going to stop checking for him.

Masta Killa was releasing better stuff than Rae

***** Took THIS:

and turned it into “Lonzo Ball said Nas is not hip hop”. Click bait. Sensationalism.

:lol:. Nas to him....is like hippity hop rappers from the late 70s & early 80s that the golden age rappers used to call “outdated” and “before their time.” To a 19 year old born in ‘98....most people his age aren’t listening to Nas’ records (unfortunately for them).

No YOU mistakened him....and a lot of hip hop purist just wanted to be offended by a young *****. He never said “Nas ISNT” hip hop....

He simply said....”nobody my age listens to Nas anymore”. The interviewer asked him why he doesn’t listen to “real hip hop”, like Nas....and he said he listens to “real hip hop”. Future and Migos are “real hip hop” to him.

People took what he said entirely out of context....and ran with it :lol:.

Lonzo SHOULD listen to Nas though. Nas is timeless.
So if he doesn't think Nas is "Real Hip-Hop" then what the **** is he? I'm not saying he has to listen him, that's his ******* prerogative, but if you say **** like "Don’t nobody listen to Nas anymore ... Real hip-hop is Migos, Future." how the hell do you expect people to react? The first part of his statement, which is inaccurate, is expected from someone his age. Although its disappointing, the second part which is highlighted is complete ********. Not cause the artist he named aren't hip-hop, but saying Nas isn't REAL HIP-HOP is a ******* insult to the genre itself.

***** Took THIS:

and turned it into “Lonzo Ball said Nas is not hip hop”. Click bait. Sensationalism.

:lol:. Nas to him....is like hippity hop rappers from the late 70s & early 80s that the golden age rappers used to call “outdated” and “before their time.” To a 19 year old born in ‘98....most people his age aren’t listening to Nas’ records (unfortunately for them).

Again you dont have to ******* like or listen to it, but to say its not REAL HIP-HOP is ********. Notice the terms you claimed golden age rappers used dont wholly dismiss the rappers from the late 70s or early 80s from the genre itself.

Old Rock has always pissed on new rock.

Does either side tell the other to stop making music completely? Cause I've never heard that

So if he doesn't think Nas is "Real Hip-Hop" then what the **** is he? I'm not saying he has to listen him, that's his ****ing prerogative, but if you say **** like "Don’t nobody listen to Nas anymore ... Real hip-hop is Migos, Future." how the hell do you expect people to react? The first part of his statement, which is inaccurate, is expected from someone his age. Although its disappointing, the second part which is highlighted is complete bull****. Not cause the artist he named aren't hip-hop, but saying Nas isn't REAL HIP-HOP is a ****ing insult to the genre itself.

Yo....just watch the video :lol:.

The kid never once said “Nas isn’t real hip hop”. He just said he nobody listens to Nas anymore.

I promise you...the video is no longer than a minute and not hard to comprehend :lol:.

"Y'all outdated man don't nobody listen to Nas anymore, "real hiphop" is Migos, future...."

Yea bro that's kind of ****ting on Nas and saying he ain't real hiphop

Yo....just watch the video :lol:.

The kid never once said “Nas isn’t real hip hop”. He just said he nobody listens to Nas anymore.

I promise you...the video is no longer than a minute and not hard to comprehend :lol:.

Did you not see the quote from Rolling Stone I included in the post you quoted. "Don’t nobody listen to Nas anymore ... Real hip-hop is Migos, Future." By saying that he's inferring Nas isn't real hip hop. Dude could've said popular, hot, current, anything else but he didnt.

Did you not see the quote from Rolling Stone I included in the post you quoted. "Don’t nobody listen to Nas anymore ... Real hip-hop is Migos, Future." By saying that he's inferring Nas isn't real hip hop. Dude could've said popular, hot, current, anything else but he didnt.

Again....look at the damn video :lol:. Context is everything man. Not only that...it was edited. I’ll break it down for you.

-The camera guy tells Lonzo their goal is to have him listen to “real hip hop” by the time they're done shooting.

-Lonzo tells the camera guy, “that’s not going to happen”. Y’all outdated. Nobody listens to Nas anymore”....(acknowledging that Nas IS “real hip hop”)

-The scene then CUTS to Lonzo randomly spurting....”real hip hop is Migos, Future”.

-Fin

So both Nas and Migos/Future are real hip hop to Lonzo. Nas, is just the “outdated one that nobody listens to” to LONZO. It’s real simple man. Step outside yourself for a minute.

Lonzo is right tho.

Nas had his time...it’s clearly not now :lol:

Now about future and migos being this and that....that’s a diff story...his opinion so I’ll let it rock but they blth garbage

***** Took THIS:

I know your point, but comparing it to the late 70's and 80's rap isn't comparable. Rap then didn't fit because it was a more simplified word usage, beat and flow. Rap had evolved. Nas is the opposite of that. His lyricism is timeless like James Baldwin. It doesn't matter when he grew up.

It's like someone saying I'm not in to the Autobiography of Malcolm X, because Malcolm grew up in the 30's and 40's. From the outside you might think you're being smart, but it just shows how young and dumb you are. A lot of what he struggled with and dealt with is timeless to us. Same with Nas.

I just laugh at the young mind set.

Lonzo is right tho.

Nas had his time...it’s clearly not now :lol:

Now about future and migos being this and that....that’s a diff story...his opinion so I’ll let it rock but they blth garbage

Migos and future both go hard. You tripping

Back
Top Bottom