Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Tanks new album started slow, but 6 to the end is non stop. Nothing on is the song of the year for me "no use for you to rush perfection, just make sure when I get there you're naked" :pimp:

Maxwell last album was booty, dude is just living off classics now. How you gon wait 7 years to give us mediocrity smh.

Robin haven't dropped an album in 3 years.

Man need to use these divorce times to come back strong.

Can't believe it's been 3 years since "Paula". I slept on that album for a while to. Went back and listened to it and man that album still fire. Crazy how he only has one "bad" album. Sex Therapy just didn't do it for me

Tanks new album started slow, but 6 to the end is non stop. Nothing on is the song of the year for me "no use for you to rush perfection, just make sure when I get there you're naked" :pimp:

Maxwell last album was booty, dude is just living off classics now. How you gon wait 7 years to give us mediocrity smh.

Agreed on both but only slightly with Maxwell. Album was decent, wouldn't call it booty

I disagree, it's similar to the issues with Rap. The lyrics for R&B and Rap have gone to ****. The sound has gone to ****. They've both been dumbed down. People don't have the attention span. They don't want to hear a nice slow ballad about something meaningful. They want to hear an upbeat song that you can play on snapchat or on IG live and have fun.

I'm a Ty $ fan but all that **** sounds the same after awhile. His voice ain't the greatest either but it's good enough. The song Ashanti did with him, sounds like some Beach House **** we've heard before.

Tank is one of my all time favorites but that new album was very average. Felt like he was trying too hard to chase the sound of today. From the beats to the lyrics. I was disappointed. I wish he would just stay true to his sound. "Nothing On" though, smh. One of my favorite songs of the year.

Nah. The R&B and Rap situation is different. Rap has a far more diverse sound, even if a lot of it sounds the same. None of the rap n***** at the top sound the same. And no, rap has not gone to ****. You and many just dont seek out what you want. It's easily found. R&B is all about love. That's it. And there aren't that many different sounds that have emerged from the genre. It's gotten stale. It took some rap-centric singers to breathe life into the ****. Pure r&b killed itself for lack of change.

I will always seek out new music, I love music. I don't have the tolerance or patience for a lot this trash *** music today. A lot of it ain't good. Sza, HER and artist like that put out great albums this year that I downloaded randomly because it was new music on one of the sites I go to. It's out there but the popular R&B that we hear everywhere is watered down ****in rap music with some singing.

Nah. The R&B and Rap situation is different. Rap has a far more diverse sound, even if a lot of it sounds the same. None of the rap n***** at the top sound the same. And no, rap has not gone to ****. You and many just dont seek out what you want. It's easily found. R&B is all about love. That's it. And there aren't that many different sounds that have emerged from the genre. It's gotten stale. It took some rap-centric singers to breathe life into the ****. Pure r&b killed itself for lack of change.

R&B isn't all about love. It's about relationships.

Aren't that many different sounds in R&B... What are you listening to, b. :lol:

I will always seek out new music, I love music. I don't have the tolerance or patience for a lot this trash *** music today. A lot of it ain't good. Sza, HER and artist like that put out great albums this year that I downloaded randomly because it was new music on one of the sites I go to. It's out there but the popular R&B that we hear everywhere is watered down ****in rap music with some singing.

That's fine but this rap has gone to **** argument some of ya'll like to toss around doesn't work. All that screams is you don't want to look for **** to cater to your wants. Ever since I've been little, the rap that gets the most attention has been trash. Always has been. Social media just amplifies it because anyone can get an audience.

How old are you? The biggest sellers in 95-02 weren't trash. Not sure what the **** you talking about. There's still some good rap out there just like R&B but a lot of the Rap talked about in here is trash.

How you do consume music, radio?

R&B isn't all about love. It's about relationships.

Aren't that many different sounds in R&B... What are you listening to, b. :lol:

Love. Relationships. It's connected.

It's one topic in which not many topics can emerge from it.

How old are you? The biggest sellers in 95-02 weren't trash. Not sure what the **** you talking about. There's still some good rap out there just like R&B but a lot of the Rap talked about in here is trash.

What I'm talking about is clear. You keep changing things. You went from rap is trash, to its watered down, to what's talked about in here is trash. Pick one.

The 90s were a period in which **** was still new and there was room for different **** to emerge and break new ground. The genre was still young.

Love. Relationships. It's connected.

It's one topic in which not many topics can emerge from it.

I have to say, R. Kelly proved to us that R&B can be about anything.

Even groups like DRS - Gangsta Lean, Nate Dogg, T-Pain :lol:

It's the genres fault. R&B had very little innovation, and the subject matter is extremely limited.

How is making songs about love “limited”, when love songs dominated from like 1940s - 2000s? But I guess rapping about drugs ain’t redundant either...

MrWaves is a goof. Pianist still play Bethoveen notes, but dude died like 500 years ago. But he (Waves) can’t go back 10, 20, or 30 years to listen to someone like Kool Moe D or Slick Rick. Waves is 24 years old, right? You only 5 years younger than me, you a joke bruh, lmao

How is making songs about love “limited”, when love songs dominated from like 1940s - 2000s? But I guess rapping about drugs ain’t redundant either...

MrWaves is a goof. Pianist still play Bethoveen notes, but dude died like 500 years ago. But he (Waves) can’t go back 10, 20, or 30 years to listen to someone like Kool Moe D or Slick Rick. Waves is 24 years old, right? You only 5 years younger than me, you a joke bruh, lmao

Love is something people can relate to which why those songs dominate. What's relatable will always last. And drug talk isn't all that's talked about but go on. It's just what's poppin now.

What I'm talking about is clear. You keep changing things. You went from rap is trash, to its watered down, to what's talked about in here is trash. Pick one.

The 90s were a period in which **** was still new and there was room for different **** to emerge and break new ground. The genre was still young.

Not changing ****, you just said when you were young the rap that got the most attention was trash. When I was a kid, the Rap that got the most attention was far from trash.

That vid of Ashanti giving a fan or backup dancer a lap dance then telling the dude in the crowd "don't throw money at me like I'm a ******* stripper" is hilarious

Back
Top Bottom